“A Hidden Gem - Quaint and Homey, Personable and Private”

Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
Ranked #396 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Felicien for 7 days and I must say that this small, modern hotel is apt for a short and long term base in Paris. Close to the Eiffel Tower, a new mall (Beaugrenelle), several groceries, very good restaurants, and still quiet enough to be private - the Felicien has rooms that are spacious for single travelers and just right for two. There is a small spa at the basement, an open bar, a good coffee shop, and has excellent security. The best thing about my stay though, was none of these amenities, but rather their sincere, helpful staff who saw to it that they were polite, attentive, and present when you need them. From Andrew the bartender, to Anita at the coffee shop, and it's efficient, very personable front desk staff - most especially to Margaux, who was the perfect concierge/front desk hotelier in one. She was personable, helpful, patient, and always sincerely concerned. This trip was made doubly better having her around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Colombe G, Margaux Réception at Hotel Felicien by Elegancia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear CSMM2013,
Thank you so much for your feedback! Your comment gives us the pleasure to work everyday and meet guests like you !
It would be a real pleasure to welcome you once again, and maybe let you try another floor!
Margaux

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hotel Felicien is a quaint boutique hotel, in a nice and quiet residential neighborhood.... You can go to the Eiffel Tower and Trocadero in about 20 to 30 minutes... depending on how fast you walk. :) if you really, really, really like to travel by foot, you can just about go anywhere from the hotel. Our room is quite small....like most hotels in Paris.... Amenities were okay, staff was accommodating.... but their trump card for me was Margaux, the front desk goddess... :) she has a ready smile each and every time... and she is knowledgeable on what she is doing... She would take her time helping out and recommending nice places to eat and do in Paris. She's patient in showing us the best way to get to where we are going, whether it be by bus, metro, taxi or foot... She would suggest places to go to and she would make reservations in restaurants even without you asking... Simply said, she's great! If I would ever stay at hotel Felicien next time I come to paris, I would make sure Margaux is there first. :) hope you like the madeleines, Margaux!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Phoenix 1006,
I’m so deeply moved to read your message, thank you so much !
Also it is such a pleasure to read your feedback regarding your stay and see that you found everything your needed and keep a nice memory of your stay here…
The madeleine « caramel beurre salé » were absolutely excellent !
Warm regards from Paris,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My two daughters (14 and 15 yo) and I stayed for 3 nights. We booked and pre-paid the rooftop suite with spa with the idea that three in the average Paris hotel room is very tight and that the suite would be an alternative to booking two rooms. When we arrived in Paris, we had a message from our agent that the prepaid room was no longer available, but they could accommodate us in a double room or find alternative accommodation. We were tired and had just arrived from an overnight train from Italy and felt we had to accept the downgraded room.

Once a roll-out bed was in the room, the wardrobe and fridge would not open, and there was barely room to walk around the beds.

At breakfast someone called in sick, and the staff were uncertain how to make a coffee!

Notwithstanding this, the staff were fantastic and the hotel design is terrific. I had not stayed in this part of Paris before - we enjoyed it.

This hotel has so many things right, but doesn't quite make it. I don't know if we were bumped from the suite due to a genuine mistake or whether a more important or higher paying guest came along. It is a risk you must take into account, even if you have prepaid the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Goolahbah
Colombe G, Directeur général at Hotel Felicien by Elegancia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Goolahbah,

Thank you for your comment; it’s always useful for us to have your feedback following your stay.

First of all, I would like you to trust me that every guest has the higher importance at the Félicien and we will never let this happen for the reasons that you mention.
Effectively due to a mistake in our system, we couldn’t welcome you in the room that you originally booked and we were really distressed about that.
When you book a room through some others websites than our official, we do not always have you direct contact. At the minute when we received the reservation we called the website in order to offers them different options for your Parisian stay and find together the best option. It’s not acceptable that they advised you about the modification on the day of your arrival and I can only apologize for that.
(Booking directly with us avoids sometimes this type of communication problem but we are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience.)

However I’m really glad that this arrival problem did not completely detract from your enjoyment of your stay and you liked the emplacement and the decoration.
Thank you for your comment about our team, we all tried to make your stay at the Felicien unforgettable

We would be more than happy If you consider staying with us another time and it will be a pleasure to provide you a better experience and strive ourselves to make everything perfect.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had a very enjoyable stay at La Felicien. The front desk staff were attentive, efficient and friendly and my room was ultra modern and comfortable. All the housekeeping staff were delightful and ensured my room was always fully stocked with fresh towels and linens. Breakfast was delicious, with an excellent selection of pastries, juices, cereals, fruits and cheeses. I didn't want to leave! The hotel is a few minutes walk from a metro station and a small supermarket. I definitely plan on coming back with my partner!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HongKongVeggie
Colombe G, Directeur général at Hotel Felicien by Elegancia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear HongKongV,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor following to your stay at l’hotel Félicien.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the quality of service we offer.

We hope to welcome you soon with your Partner and discover a new floor !

Reviewed 2 May 2014

From the start to the end our stay was great, modern room, very spacious. Wish we stayed longer just round the corner is a fantastic pastry shop. The tube is a short walk,wrap up in November.
Staff are great really friendly

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew H

Dear Andrew H,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Hotel Felicien

It's always a real pleasure having guest happy in our Hotel.
we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in our hotel for many years to come.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel 2 nights (Fri-Sun). The rooms are quite small (we stayed at 603), but efficiently furnished. There was an extra door between our "hall" and our room, probably because of noise from the elevator etc. It worked, we were not disturbed at all. But the door was very heavy and it closed automatically. It would be nice if we could choose to leave it open. But no big deal.

The room had separate toilet and bathroom, bathroom with a bathtub/shower. The bathtub leaked a bit, we noticed because when we showered the bathtub stopper closed itself all the time.

When we came the room smelled like vinegar and the carpet was wet, so probably someone had spilled something and the cleaning staff had tried to wash it away. We opened the balcony door and aired well, so no problem.

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The hotel staff were very helpful, discrete and nice. We didn't try the spa or the breakfast. All in all a positive experience, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Dear Hilde K,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at l’hotel Felicien on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate our staff.

However, I am deeply concerned to hear that your had difficulty to open the door and for the bathroom problem.

We trust that this incident did not completely detract from your enjoyment of your stay and that we may welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for an unbelievable hotel in Paris, look no further! After spending hours deciding where to stay for a short break for my girlfriends birthday, i decided on hotel felicien. From start to finish the hotel staff i was impressed with this place! All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and spoke very good english. The rooms are amazing, every single detail has been thoroughly thought about, from the lighting in the shower, to the tiny engraved logos in the studs on the wardrobes! Rooms are a good size for a typical Parisian hotel. Nothing i write will give this hotel enough credit, i think i found a little hidden gem and will return here without doubt on my next trip to Paris! P.S book a table at a restaurant called B:31, it is literally around the corner, and the food there is absolutely amazing! Thanks to the receptionist who recommended this place and booked a table for us!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Kieronnn

Dear Kieronnn,

What a pleasure to read about impressions regarding your recent stay at teh hotel Félicien! I was truly impressed to read your review and please be assured that I shared it with all my team!
I am very happy that your overall experience has been a success from the begenning to the end ! The restaurant B31 is really good and I’m glad that you enjoy it !

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Félicien soon !

Best Regard,