“Landlady is too involved...”
other travellers have booked this property
Light and airy living space, ideal for 4 people. Dining space to the left.
Bedroom with lots of cupboard space. Extra long bed is 2m x 2m Fully equipped kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bedroom with lots of cupboard space. Extra long bed is 2m x 2m
Fully equipped kitchen
The private courtyard
Double sofabed. There is still a 3 seater sofa and chairs in the same space.
View from the bedroom
Full bathroom with bath and toilet. Grab bars around both.
Living space and entrance. Kitchen to the left & 2nd toilet to the right
Your home away from home
A fun Guide to Paris just ask me for it whether you are staying with me or not
Bath seat for anyone who needs it
View from the living room in Autumn
Lots of light in the living room. Left is the bathroom and then bedroom
Dining corner in the living room. Amazing bakery just 50m away.
Large, elevator to your door. No stairs to climb to the 3rd floor.
2nd toilet
The entrance to the private courtyard and the private gardens behind.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
WickedYup
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Landlady is too involved...”
Reviewed 23 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

PROS: Giant apartment, easily sleeps 4 adults. Quiet (for Paris) neighborhood. Washer available in the apartment. Well stocked kitchen. Wine shop, Patisserie and supermarket on the block. Liege metro stop just a 5 minute walk away. Excellent Uber services.

CONS: Montmartre is in the northern part of Paris and is a good 30-60 minutes away from any of the touristy things you'll want to do, Plan accordingly and know that 4-7pm is particularly busy. The furnishings, linens and towels have seen better days. The bed pillows are particularly gruesome.

Rosemary entered our apartment everyday while we were out. Keep in mind that housekeeping IS NOT include. She would leave something (a towel, robotic vacuum or book), plug/unplug something and move things about. There was no stealth to her entry. It went so far that clothes we had on the drying rack were taken off and hung on hangers. All in all, too much like sleeping in your mom's basement. We had the apartment for 8 nights, her visits felt invasive and a bit creepy. You may want to discuss this with her before booking if it something that will bother you also.

1 Oct 2017
Bonjour Anne and Jeff,

I was disappointed to read that you felt you didn’t receive the same 5 star experience the 250 plus guests who have reviewed my B&B and apartment felt they had received and that I as too involved.

I make great pains to make sure that first – timers to Paris, like you two, know they can approach me whenever they want for whatever they need, by knocking on the door of my B&B which is only 2 floors up, telephoning or emailing. You had also printed off all 30+ pages of my Living Like a Local guide to Paris which you had downloaded from my website to read on the plane coming over.

I also try at least once, if not more on longer stays like yours, to make sure each set of guests in the apartment is invited for a glass of wine so that I can ask if there is anything I can help with. Half-way through your stay we spent the evening polishing off a bottle of my 1998 burgundy – it went perfectly with the cassis coloured, bitter chocolate flavoured macarons you brought up with you that you had both made earlier that day in your cooking class.

Guests normally comment that the apartment is spotless. Whilst you are right in saying housekeeping isn’t offered as standard, it is offered to guests staying longer that 5 days and you accepted it. In addition, Sidney, the robot vacuum cleaner, lives in the apartment and is very effective at helping guests with the daily problem of croissant crumbs and the like. Most guests appreciate him and children adore him so long as he doesn’t eat their lego or their socks.

Whilst I appreciate your intention was to ‘do’ Paris in your 8 day stay and also to use it as a base to visit cities such as Reims in the Champagne region that are less than 1 hour from 52 Clichy, I do hope you will consider revisiting 52 Clichy if you every return to Paris.

Kindest regards,
gkim2016
Toronto, Canada
“So lovely to have a home away from home.”
Reviewed 14 September 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We had a wonderful stay in Paris. There was easy access to public transit. We felt lucky to be able to get to all the places we wanted to see without much trouble and at the same be tucked away so that we didn't feel we were in the middle of a noisy city scene. Rosemary was warm and welcoming. We would definitely stay there again.

18 Sep 2017
Bonjour Grase,
Thank you for your lovely review, It was a pleasure to meet you and your family, following a recommendation by other gorgeous Canadian guests, your high school friends who stayed with me in 2015.
It was a pleasure to chat with you all and assist you where I could and I am looking forward to seeing you again soon.
A très bientôt,
Happiness...
“A home from home in an excellent location”
Reviewed 14 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Rosmary's apartment is located only a short 10 min walk to Galleries Lafayette and Opera Garnier. From there you can use the metro. It is also very near Moulin Rouge and a short walk from there to the Sacre Coeur. There is also an excellent bakers a couple of minutes away and a supermarket just over the road.
We arranged a taxi in advance from the UK to take us from CDG airport to the apartment. The company called G7 was recommended on Rosemary's website. We would recommend this option. We opted to share the journey, but ended up having a taxi to ourselves and it only cost 35 euros which is at least 15 euros cheaper than a standard taxi fare
We were greeted by Rosemary who invited us in to join her for a cup of tea on her balcony. a B&B guest had just arrived so we had a lovely hour chatting and drinking tea with them too. We then went to the apartment which is on the 3rd floor. The apartment was spacious, very clean and homely and had everything you would possibly need. Wifi also worked really well.
Rosemary made her self available for the whole of our stay and helped where ever she could. It felt like we had visited with a friend rather than just rented an apartment.
Highly recommended, we will book again.

18 Sep 2017
Bonjour Julia and Zac,
Thank you so much for sending me such a warm and detailed review. I was a pleasure to meet you both and even more to spend a couple of moments on the balcony chatting together with my B&B guests and also on another occasion with wine!
I am looking forward to meeting you again soon,
A très bientot,
730rossb
Auckland Central, New Zealand
“5 star service”
Reviewed 10 September 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Great apartment in central Paris away from the hustle and bustle but close to everything. Rosemary is the consummate host and makes your stay hassle free - highly recommended

13 Sep 2017
Bonjour Ross,
Thank you so much for your kind and enthusiastic review. So happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to Paris so much and that the apartment was perfect for your family of 4 with teenagers.
Even though you live on the other side of the World, I do hope to see you all again sometime soon.
A très bientôt,
An7nie
Ottawa, Canada
“You've got to #StayAt52!! Incredible Apartment”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This apartment was amazing for so many reasons. Let's start with the apartment itself. You enter from the street through a large door into a charming courtyard before entering the apartment building itself. The apartment has a nice living room with pull out couch, a great kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and a bedroom. Everything was incredibly comfortable and all that you need is supplied for you (towels, toilet paper, plates and cutlery, etc.) For our first 2 days there was a heatwave and although the apartment doesn't have AC (like most of Paris), we were given 2 fans so it was ok until the extreme heat went away. The shower was wonderful and it was so great to have such a comfortable home base to return to each night. Next, the location! We ran into some other tourists who had the idea that Montmartre is sketchy and dangerous, we felt completely safe and very comfortable! Although we kept a general awareness of our surroundings like we would anywhere (we were two 24 yo girls travelling alone), we absolutely did not feel threatened here and this area all the way up the hill to Sacré Coeur is filled with people especially in the evening! Several nights we would walk up to a different restaurant and stay out late at Sacré Coeur, the view of Paris is amazing from here! Montmartre truly let us experience what it's like to live in Paris, not just to be a tourist. That being said, we had a long list of every tourist attraction in the City and the apartment is conveniently located right near the metro stations. We recommend Liege Station over Place de Clichy, for some reason it felt closer (5 min walk) and from the metro we could get anywhere in Paris! We even walked to Notre Dame from the apartment one day, however I would not recommend doing this, it took about 2 hours and it was 37 degrees Celsius! Do not let the relative distance to the downtown core discourage you though, it was so easy to get everywhere! Lastly, I must dedicate a few words to our wonderful host, Rosemary. She has lots of very useful knowledge about the city and she was just so much fun to talk to every morning at breakfast! For an extra cost, she served us breakfast every day, fresh from the local bakery and I cannot say enough how glad we were with that choice! Rosemary also has a list of the best nearby restaurants, do not stray from this list! It is amazing, we were so happy with every meal! Rosemary was an excellent host and our experience in Paris would not have been nearly as great had we stayed in a hotel. We are so thankful that we could stay in such a beautiful apartment and I encourage everyone to #StayAt52!

8 Aug 2017
Bonjour Annie and Kerrie,
Thanks you so much for your detailed and enthusiastic review. It was a pleasure to meet you both and so I'm happy that your Mother recommended me to you, following her trip to stay with me and that you returned to Canada with her list of supplies from the bakery!

You managed to stay in our one hot week of the year, it can be anytime in June, July or August and this year it was early but with the high ceilings and the fans I know the apartment manages well in the heat.

It was fun chatting over breakfast with you, staying in the apartment, having your privacy, but then taking breakfast with me so that I can help with suggestions and recommendations and just generally chat a lot, is the perfect way to get to know the city quickly.
Hope you return soon,
David M
“A perfect location and an excellent host.”
Reviewed 26 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Good central location, spacious apartment and breakfast with your host Rosemary should not be missed. She was a great combination of gracious, informative and colorful.

8 Aug 2017
Bonjour David and Joyce,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, it was a pleasure to spend time on the balcony with a glass of wine and also over breakfast, which was the best way to chat about how to plan each day with you.
I know Joyce is hoping to return soon with a group of ladies for a Parisian Style trip and I also hope to see you both soon,
suthineep...
Bangkok, Thailand
“My second home in Paris”
Reviewed 4 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I stay at least one a year with Rosemary as I travel for work but this visit was different. My flight was cancelled and I had to find a place to stay in Paris at 9pm at night. My first instinct was to ring Rosemary who was in the restaurant having dinner. She came home, made up the aprtment for me, helped me nearly 1am to organize a TGV train to Milan because all flights were booked, getting a refund for my flgiht and booked a taxi for me the next morning.
I like to staying with Rosemary because it feels like I am at home.

18 Jul 2017
Bonjour Pim,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, so sorry you found yourself stuck and so happy that I could help fix it for you.
Rosemary
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing