“Fantastic Bakery”

Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
New York City, New York
“Fantastic Bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I stumbled into Yori Moshida as we were walking to the Eiffel tower for sunset. Sometimes when you get lucky with food, you get REALLY lucky and that's what happened. Mori's cassis/raspberry, chocolate, coffee, and quite frankly any of the other dozen flavors we tried were out of this world. We enjoyed his baker so much we purposely changed our plans and came back the next day. In addition to truly beautiful and delicious treats, Mori and his staff couldn't have been nicer. He made two recommendations for dinner, which were both fantastic in their own right (I reviewed them separately) and even called the restaurants for us to make the reservation.

I encourage anyone in Paris to skip the more popular bakeries, go a little out of the way and stumbled into Mori Yoshida's. Grab as many treats as you can possible eat (without giving yourself some sort of sugar attack), pick up a drink, and sit in the park opposite the store and indulge in one of the best treats you'll ever eat with a serene view of the Musée de l'Armée and its gold dome.

Mori- will you please open a shop in NYC?!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank mtanney

Sydney
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is not a restaurant it's a pastry/bread shop. They say they are japanese but everything I've had is pretty french. Don't be put off by the slick appearance of this place - it looks like it would cost a fortune but the prices are reasonable and the pastries are delicious. I wish they would do the almond croissant more often it's not there all the time - maybe just sold out by the time I get there.

• Visited May 2014