“very welcoming”

Ranked #976 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
city island, new york
“very welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

this is a very small hotel only 5min away from the 'chatlet' stop--and if you want shopping this is less than a 10min walk from the great gallerie lafayette. the place is family owned and has recently been renovated--the staff--shout out to Claude--are very personable and all speak fluent english--the entrance into the hotel leads you to a lovely reception area with a bar and tables to lounge around--in the morning the traditional french brekkie is served with fresh squeezed juice--for 10euros it's worth it--the place really gives you a home away from home feel---
my room was overlooking the street on the 2nd floor--the elevator is a little tight so the steps are a good alternative when you want to leave the hotel---there is no coffee station in the room because they want to encourage interaction and welcome you to go downstairs for any drinks you want--of course you can bring up your drink--there is a little fridge and safe in the room and of course the flat screen tv--the bed was quite comfy
2 items--the bathroom isn't really private--it's a glass door next to a glass window--so if you don't feel shy using the toilet and shower with the outside looking in your good to go--the other inconvenience is that there is no hook on the wall to attache a shower head--so you're kind of forced to take a bath--for those of us raised taking a shower this doesn't suit us--
this is closer to the gare de lyon than gare montparnasse from which I came from but it was doable --take the 95 bus from gare montparnasse, get off at opera, take the metro 3 stops to chatlet --takes a good 30-40min and you get to pass the louve--actually quite scenic bus route-
come here if you're traveling alone for sure--they'll give you directions and help you anyway they can--or just to hang out and talk--I didn't give it excellent because of the bathroom

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank toni175

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hebrew first
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in August 2013 for three nights. We got horrendously lost finding the Hotel, I highly suggest you print a good detailed map to help you find the small Rue du Montholon. But once we found it, we were pretty happy with it. The rooms at Hotel du Temps are painfully chic and just beautiful, though small. We liked it very much and weren't bothered by the size; it was good enough for three nights and we spent most of the time outside the room anyway. Comfortable good-quality bedding and mattress (important to me!) and mini bottles of Aesop shampoo a nice touch.

My only gripe - the location on the Pink Metro line isn't great as it's quite a few stops from Champs Elysee / Marais etc. Also generally felt the Pink Metro line was dodgier than the yellow line for example. Heh. However if you LOVE Galeries Lafayette, the hotel is a good 10minute stroll (and a couple metro stops) from Galeries.

A dining tip - highly recommend the cute restaurant Hugo just one street down - in summer everything was closed, but this was open and we were so glad we tried it. Packed with locals too. Down-home French cooking and great desserts and appetizers. Reservations recommended.

Another dining tip - AVOID the Italian restaurant right next to the hotel if you can. The place rips people off (we ordered a single serve of fries, and were presented two), and the owner while Italian runs a tourist trap and generally tries to hard-sell you desserts and add-ons (more drinks etc). Food is sad and bad.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank zeezeetop
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have stayed 2 nights in this hotel that my friend advised me and found it simply perfect. Its very clean and the interior is just amazing, so inspiring really and the best add to having a good time in Paris. It's quite well located and near a subway stop as well. The service and the guys were so kind and polite, and also in such an honest and comforting way. Its a very friendly cute hotel that made me feel like home right away. I will for sure stay here next time I visit Paris and I advise it to any others 100%.

• Stayed August 2013
Antwerp
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We are frequent boutique hotel travellers ( wich this is absolutely not) for business and visit Paris a few times a year. This hotel is an example of trying but not being able. Overprized for what you get. We booked a big double room. Upon arrival they welcomed us with saying aloud the price of our room. Never experienced that before. We went to our room. The smell in the hallway was one of an old ladies house. Our room was hypersmall as was the bathroom. We went down to complain. The receptionist was not at all willing to understand us, unless the fact that it really was the smallest room in the hotel. We asked for a new room since we payed 215 euros. She was telling us that is high season and that they are a boutique hotel, and hadn't we had a look at the interior design? The interior looked cool on a picture, but for a boutique hotel it lacked every finishing detail and feel of luxury. Finally after a lot of disucssion and making us feel as if we never visited Paris or a hotel, she proposed three other rooms, but we demanded the suite, that was available ( you can nog be bigger than 170 if you like to take a shower, but hilarious view it is anyway being under the shower). This hotel ihas a lot to learn. Have al look at London's Town Hall appartments and hotel in Bethanal Green.

Room Tip: Do not. We are sorry. We are not picky at all, but it is no value for your money. The only sitable r...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
9 Thank St G
Bracknell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was in desperate need of a hotel due to a last minute business trip. Availability was scarce, or hotels were priced in excess of €300 per night. So I stumbled upon the Hotel du Temps and booked without really knowing much about it. And how pleased I was!

The check in area is very informal, effectively an extension of the bar and I received a very warm welcome despite checking in at after eleven in the evening. The hotel is small, and like a little maze, but it is an old Parisian town house and so this should be no surprise. It is well kept, clean and the rooms are cool and quirky, think smart shabby chic. The rooms are very comfy and I slept well (no strange bed syndrome), and are well equipped.

There is a good vibe to the bar, which also doubled up as the breakfast area. This is not a business hotel, and breakfast was quite simply fresh croissants, preserves, fruit, fruit juice and tea or coffee, quintessentially Parisian really, non of the dodgy eggs and sausages simmering under a hot lamp for hours!

The Metro is not even five minutes away, with the Place de Republique only a few stops away. If you chose to the Louvre was only a 20-25 minute walk away. All in all a highly recommended hotel that I would definitely recommend, and will definitely be using again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RugbyMug4372
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

As a young 20-something traveling solo for work, I found Hotel du Temps to be wonderful. Very clean and very welcoming. I had a room on the top floor which was quite cozy and very private. Good airconditioning. Had a flatscreen TV, hairdryer, safe, fridge. Nice window seating area on the ground floor, and a lovely breakfast. The hotel is easy to find and has a great location. Extremely pleased with my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank P0ndJump3r
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Fabulous Hotel, perfect location for everything. Very near to 2 Metro stations. The Hotel is beautifully decorated to a very high standard. Lots of very cool details throughout. We had a comfort room which was very spacious with Airconditioning,safe, fridge,hairdryer and satelite TV. The bed was so comfortable, we slept so well.The whole hotel was spotlessly clean. All the people were so friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The whole Hotel had a really cool vibe and the bar was relaxing and stylish. My teenage daughter and I didn't want to go home. I will definitely be going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family