“Great little boutique hotel with excellent service”
Review of Hotel Fabric

Hotel Fabric
Ranked #10 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is very well presented and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out.

The rooms are decorated in a fun contemporary style and very comfortable. The bathroom was a highlight as the shower was HUGE and the water pressure amazing.
The breakfast/dining/lounge area is also very comfortable and the free hot drinks and small cakes/pastries all day is a welcome addition after a long day out.
Our room faced the courtyard so it was very quiet at night, which is great as the Oberkampf area can be slightly noisy with all the bars and restaurants in the area.

Location wise... The hotel is also right next to a few shops, bakeries and a small supermarket which is very convenient. It is also very lose to the covered canal which hosts a farmers/flower market on Fridays. It is about a 5 minute walk to the Republique square and underground station. This station is 4 stops from Gare Du Noord station and takes about 8 minutes to get to on the train. This station is also a good way to get to the sites of paris.

The hotel also has a small gym you can use fro free as well as a steam room that you can book to use privately (also free). The hotel does have a Spa and offers treatments that are paid for.

All in all, I was VERY impressed with this hotel and the staff and considering it has only been open a few months, it is doing an excellent job. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Oberkampf is a noisy area, so rooms that face the inner courtyard are very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Nestled on a quiet street, the Hotel Fabric is housed in a former factory. The vibe is sheek and bohemian. Generous and linguistically talented staff are caring and thoughtful, providing directions and great recommendations. Free coffee and a tucked away spa downstairs are added attractions. Rooms are sizable and immaculate. Enjoyed are stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank AndyDella
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Having struggled to find a decent hotel at a reasonable price in Paris before I was really pleased to find Hotel Fabric and booked on the strength of previous reviews here, though at the time (early August) it had only just opened. We weren't disappointed.
We stayed in a superior room and although not huge, the bed was massive and really comfortable, the bathroom luxurious with gorgeous L'Occitane toiletries, and the room was quiet and dark at night.
The hotel is in a good location, so we could easily walk to Canal St Martin in one direction, down to Notre Dame (about 25mins) the other way, and the area immediately around the hotel seems to be 'up and coming' with nice boutiques, delis and restaurants.
Two things we particularly liked were the honesty bar in the nice, comfy lobby/breakfast room area - nice and relaxed, like being at home, with a jukebox and free to use iPads - and the staff. They were really friendly, helpful and cheerful, and their English was excellent.
I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Paris, and next time I'd bring my gym kit and swimming costume as there was a nice little gym and steam room we could have used if we'd remembered!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was my first trip to Paris, and I researched hotels for over a month. I sent many hotel operators questions by email to learn about their facilities. Some never answered and were struck from the list. Some were annoyed and were also struck. I asked Hotel Fabric personnel a LOT of questions and was always answered promptly and very courteously, and in the end, I decided to go with Hotel Fabric. By the time I arrived at the hotel, I felt like I already knew their staff, lol. They were extremely personable, gracious and professional. And the hotel, oh my goodness! I wish I could tell you how beautiful everything was; from the architecture to the interior design and decorations; everything was just perfection. I would advise you to check out their Facebook photos as I noticed recently that they had added some updated professional photos that are much better than any I could have taken. Our bedroom was very well-appointed on the second floor, with large windows that opened, and when closed, were as quiet as a tomb! Our room also had air conditioning & heat, beautiful soft linens, and a bathroom with the most unusual and beautiful tile work in the shower. Somehow the mason had put tiny LED lights in the grout and you could turn on a switch that illuminated the shower's lights only; just stunning. Every morning we enjoyed a very nice breakfast and there was always plenty of free coffee & hot cocoa (ten different ways for each, I think!) and could relax in the comfortable lounge area talking well into the night. I really can't believe I was so lucky on my first trip to Paris to find such a place, and I know I will be staying there again upon my return next year! Loved everything! Lots of places to eat & shop steps from the hotel, and the Metro will take all over Paris for about a dollar in less than ten minutes. Extra kudos to Sara at the front desk; she was the epitome of class & warmth! Highly recommend Paris as your next destination & also highly recommend you stay at Hotel Fabric!

Room Tip: Make sure to make it on time for breakfast & not sleep in. Once you've had your breakfast, t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank springite
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed recently in this small and quite new Paris hotel ( I think has 5 months in operation).
Very clean and big room comparing to other Paris hotels.
It´s in a quiet side Street between Place de la Republic and Place de la Bastille.
What we liked more was the quiet atmosphere at night without Street or traffic noise for a good night´s rest after a busy day visiting the city...
The staff are mostly young personel willing to help the customer.
The only negative detail I would say that it´s not on a fancy Street or has nice views from the room ( we were on 1st. floor), but for us it wasn´t at all any inconvenience. All we cared about was to have a big, clean and quiet room for the night...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Staff are polite and sweet, the room was lovely, the bed was so comfortable and the shower divine! The restaurant opposite (Cave de l'Insolite) was great- and had a decent vegetarian option! Small supermarket next door to hotel for incidentals. Two Metro stations near-by, including Oberkampf which was only about 15 mins away from Gare du Nord. On Friday morning there was an open air market near-by and it all felt v French! If touristing, can walk to Notre Dame in less than 30 mins. Lobby has tea/coffee/hot chocolate and madeleines, as well as an honesty bar; plus comfortable seating and and an iPad for guest use. The room itself was larger than I've experienced in similar hotels in Paris. Definitely a good choice of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Don't you think it's possible to find a REAL nice, clean, trendy and romantic Hotel in Paris? Place your reservation at this new Hotel, and you'll love it.
The furniture recalls a old fabric, with its little tables, chairs and the fantastic lamps artistically placed all over the hall.
The room is a little small, but… with its clever and artistic furniture, you'll have all the space you need. The bathroom is really huge, as beautiful as the room. For the breakfast you can have a variety of croissant, juice and continental breakfast.
All is new, clean and the staff is kind and professional. A real little treasure in the center of the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple