“Good the first night, Fair the Second”
Review of L'Ecir

L'Ecir
Reserve with
L'Ecir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,182 of 17,290 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$11 - US$43
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Description: L'Ecir, la nouvelle brasserie du 14 eme, vous accueille dans un nouveau cadre, tous les jours de 06:45 a 00:00!
Florida
“Good the first night, Fair the Second”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We ate here while at the Marriott. The first night was great. Ordered the special steak and a caprese salad. Second night was very average. Cheeseburger was nearly raw. Very greasy fries. Creme brulee was good. Waitress rushed us around so much. Wish we could have had a leisurely dinner.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bocagrlz

Paris, France
“Not how it was.”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

It's disappointing to have to write this because I really liked this placed. They've upgraded the inside and outside which looks good but the service and spirit has been lost. I don't see many of the normal servers there. They also don't offer the organic and craft beers that they did before the change. When I went yesterday they did have some of the beer that was left over but it had gone bad and when I had mentioned this and just asked for a normal beer they replied that I was being difficult. I didn't eat there this time so I can't speak for the food but their variety of beer and wine is what was a good draw for people in the area (which I am in) and who was staying at the Marriott. They have outside oyster sales now and a book shelf people can grab something to read but what good are the cool perks if you get bad service. I'm used to the normal I'd-rather-be-on-holiday attitude in Paris but this just has a bit too much arrogance behind it. I hope they make some changes.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 4TTdotME
“Very nice place”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Got here from the marriotte (recomended by them). Very good service and good food. The staff speak fluent English which makes things easy. Would come back again.

“They were not very nice”
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

I had a crepe craving. I walked here from the marriott. I ordered crepes sucre and hot chocalate. The hot chocalate was water and powder. I had to stir it myself. It was ok. The crepes were served without the sugar.

The bill was 9.90 euro. When i tried to pay with a credit card i was told there was a 15 euro minimum. I complained that the crepes were served without sugar. The watress told me she had served sugar and taken it away. She was lying. They took the credit card anyway. The waitress spoke english, so she did understand. Back at the marriott i asked how crepes sucrecare usually served. I was told that sugar was usually served on the crepes.

When i arrived i made a point of trying to speak french, and saying thank you, please, etc. i found the service delibrately mean spirited.

I advise people to stay away.

1 Thank Steve4040
Paris, France
“Good food, large portions”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My first reaction to the Tapas was that it was expensive. But then it came and the two of us couldn't finish it! So be sure to ask how big portions are before you order--you may be surprised.

The ACE juice pitcher is what will bring me back--we got it instead of cocktails and were very happy with our choice. I felt "healthy" all weekend!

The decor was modern, clean and fun. It didn't feel very "French," as it seems to cater to a lot of tourists, but it is an engaging restaurant.

• Visited March 2013