“great location, charming hotel”

Hotel Princesse Caroline
Ranked #325 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
KAUKAUNA
“great location, charming hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Princess Caroline for 6 evenings, July 15-21. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Arc and a metro line. Lot's of cafe's within a few block area. The hotel itself was very clean. Our room was on the 5th floor and was very spacious with a king size bed. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was very nice. I am going through chocolate croissant withdrawals. I would not hesitate booking a room here in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank snoopyKaukauna
Marc L, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you have taken time to write a review about us. Thanks you very much for these encouragements after our renovation, we hope to see you on the next trip in Paris... Sincerely
Marc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is in an amazing location. You walk out the front to the Arc right in front of you and it's awesome. Also very good access to the Metro and to the Champs-Elysees, and a McDonalds very nearby.
The rooms were great. Very spacious with nice bathrooms. Most importantly, the A/C was awesome. I had to turn it off one night because I was too cold which is always refreshing after touring in the heat all day.
Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Marc L, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much to have taken time to write a feed back on your experience of your stay at Hotel Princesse Caroline in Paris. To use your term, your comment is awesome for our team and we really thanks you for that. We will be delighted to welcome you to your next Parisian visit.
Kendal
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just had 3 nights in Paris and stopped here it is so quiet & peaceful nothing was ant problem for the staff on reception

I apologise to the lady chamber maid my wife thought she put do not disturb on the door when she actually put make up our room poor lass got quite a shock seeing us in bed

The hotel is in a great location

We will return

Stayed July 2014
Marc L, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,
What a lovely comment! All the team join me to thank you and it's really nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will be glad to see you in your next Parisian stay...
Sincerely.
Salt
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. The hotel rooms are small compared to standard hotels in the USA but normal for many of the Euro hotels. The rooms were clean and the staff was great. The location is awesome. Just one block from the Arc, the Champs-Élysées and the subway. The hotel is on a quiet and quaint street with lots of restaurants nearby. Great place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marc L, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a comment regarding your recent stay at our property.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your room comfort and our staff helpfulness. I will forward your comment to all the staff that will be very happy of such a kind appreciation.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again if you come back to Paris.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Fantastic location and the service was impeccable. Rooms are a bit small but you're only there to sleep. The place was clean, quiet and comfortable. Melissa at the front desk was very helpful and super nice. We requested early check in and we were fortunate enough to get it. I would recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Marc L, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest !

It is so so good to read such a nice comment, all members of our team would like to thank you to have taken time for that. Melissa was really happy as well.. We wish you enjoyed your trip and we will be glad to see you again in your next Paris trip. Before that, enjoy your beautiful country :)

Harrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Despite its budget tag, this hotel is nicely furnished in a charming style with a nice reception area and has a great location near the Arc de Triomphe, so very central and approx 25 minutes to the Gare du Nord for the Eurostar. Stayed there for a long weekend with my wife and found it perfect. In particular, the staff spoke reasonable English and were exceptionally helpful with travel directions and printing out tickets I booked online. The double room was pleasant and air-conditioned. However there was a lack of drawer space and the mattress was uncomfortable but that might have been that particular room. Also, it was a little awkward to get the shower to work properly and the bracket was low down on the wall rather than at the usual high level. The bathroom fittings were a little "tired" generally. We didn't use the restaurant for breakfast as it was rather expensive, but meals are expensive everywhere in Paris. Having said that, I enjoyed my stay and I found the experience preferable to other Paris hotels I have used in the past.

Room Tip: Check your room before moving in as my one wasn't in perfect condition
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ringworlder
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this comment about your stay at the hotel Princesse Caroline. Feed back are really important for us, this is a source of improvement.. We find your room and will inspect the mattress, there is probably a trouble with this one because we change all bedding stuffs a year ago in all our rooms... We will try to improve the bathroom accessories and we will change it in all the rooms step by step... I transmit the compliments to our reception team, thanks for them. We would be glad to see you again in our hotel.
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I must say I felt compelled to write a review about this hotel. Whilst it's not all fancy or high end it has a certain characteristic charm to it. I stayed for one night on the eve of the Paris marathon. Of which I took part.
On arrival I was greeted by a lovely lady who politely ignored the fact I could not speak a word of French. She informed me that my room had been changed due to the lift not working. So i got a better room on the 2nd floor. The room was a nice size, clean with a good strong shower. I was very pleased. Later I realized i'd forgotten my adaptor but the kind gentlemen on reception let me borrow an adaptor knowing I did not have enough cash on me for the deposit. Good customer service. I slept soundly that evening.

In the morning a nice early breakfast was laid on for the runners. I enjoyed it. Again, nothing fancy just a job well done.

As for the location, well it's perfect for all the tourist attractions and great for the Paris marathon.

Before the marathon I asked if I could check out a little later. This was so that after the marathon i could have a quick shower. Again the kind staff had no issue with this and I was not rushed to vacate my room.

Overall, for the price, I think the hotel is superb. Its clean, has friendly staff, nice rooms, a relaxed atmosphere, a good breakfast and is in a great location.

I'd certainly not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank EastDulwichRunner
Marc L, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your nice comment and your encouragements for our team (colleagues read it and for sur enjoy it)! In addition, we are pretty proud to receive marathon runners during this week end ! We will try to continue improving our services, especially for the next Marathon de Paris.
Hope to see you next year !

Best Regards,