“great meal”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was just a few feet from our hotel. It was a typical rustic French Bistro type restaurant. The food was just excellent, I can recommend the confit de canard very highly. I had the cafe gourmand to finish and it was huge with lots of fresh fruit, cherries, apricots etc. The staff were very friendly, including the chef/ owner? who came out regularly to chat to us. All in all, probably one of the best meals I have had in Paris.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Serge, the owner, and his waiter, were extremely charming. The dishes were reasonably priced and delicious. It was convenient for us; we were staying right around the corner in the Best Western Diva Opera, in the 9th.

1  Thank 176Sally70
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Chose this restaurant based on some good reviews on Tripadvisor - there are plenty of places to choose from in this area. Staff were very friendly and happy to have a solo eater use a table. I ate from the fixed price menu - at 28 Euros for 3 courses and coffee it was excellent value. Food was good quality and well prepared. The Tarte Citron was particularly good. Wouldn't hesitate to come here again next time I'm in the area.

2  Thank Tjackso2
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed in a hotel right next to the restaurant and saw the good reviews on Tripadvisor. It's a small restaurant, where you get the menu on a blackboard. My starter was really tasty; a terrine " speciality of La Bontendrie". My main course was not great. Ordered fresh tuna, and it was over cooked. But sidedishes were good, so probably just a bit unlucky.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Of course, most of the "ris de beau" that I have had has been in the US, the meal was exceptional, from the smoked salmon to the Bourgogne. Je l'adore!

3  Thank jforan