“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #286 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

A small room had a large feel with the big window. Traditional looking with mod cons and free wi fi. The hotel is spotlessly clean with friendly and helpful service from all the staff. Located right next to the metro made it close to everything! Will be back on our next visit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my first stay to this hotel and I was met by nice and friendly staff.

The hotel was smaller than I had anticipated, from my perception when booking from the web site.

This is a very traditional Parisian hotel set on the main street. The hotel was packed with old and traditional features which I like.

I was in a Superior room. This was not very big and although very nice not a feeling of being 'superior' compared to other 'superior' rooms in other hotels I have stayed.

The room was clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I had stayed in.

The bathroom was small but very nicely finished.

Wifi was free and fast which was a bonus as I was on business and needed to work.

The shower cubicle was raised from the floor and my head was almost touching the shower rose.

The breakfast was limited in choice but what there was, was high in quality. Ample for me as I like cereal and Yogurt fro breakfast.

Overall a very nice hotel well positioned to explore this local area of Paris. It was a shame that there was no bar for a night cap!

I would stay here again and recommend to my friends, family and business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Hotel de la Porte Doree in the 12th arrondissement was literally a home away from home for me. Conveniently located very close to a metro station was a super plus. Staying in this area gave me a real sense of Paris, mingling with local residents and not feeling harassed at all by the hustle and bustle of the city. Walking along Daumesnil, I must have passed (actually stopped by and indulged in heavenly breads and pastries) at least 3 boulaneries/patisseries. The staff were very nice and genuinely friendly. The area is surrounded by restaurants and there were also grocery stores nearby. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, request for a room on the second floor or higher. My room was on the first flo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LTVnyc
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was our second time staying at this hotel. Love the location and love the friendly desk staff. If we make it to paris for a third time I would stay there again. The changing table in the lobby bathroom is so nice! Overall great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Overall impression of the hotel was great. The rooms was clean and stylish. Modern equipment and friendly staff. The hotel has no restaurant - only a breakfast brunch. But brunch and breakfast is perfect. Only bio and same quality products. And this also applies to the cosmetics in the rooms.
The only downside-hotel it is not located in the centre.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lendelede, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel is really childfriendly. Even when our 1 year and half son went behind the counter they didn't make a problem of it. The rooms were very clean. The bathroom is rather small but you have everything you need. At breakfast it was nice to have plastic plates and cereals for kids. The only remark we can give is that we had some trouble finding the hotel. When we called at 21:30 to the hotel and asked for some directions we didn't get much info from the receptionist. When we finally arrived we didn't get a warm welcome and the receptionist couldn't give us any info about parking space nearby. The next day there was another receptionist who was much friendlier dan the first one. That made us almost forget our negative experience of the first day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

It was our first time with my wife in this hotel. The rooms were very clean and stylish. According to paris standards even I might say they were large :) . The staff was all speaking English and they were all friendly. They answered all our questions without getting bored :). Altough it is not located in the centre I think 12th arrondisment has its own charm especially proximity to Bois de Vincennes was a surprise. Ohh and the Boulangerie Vandermeersch just across the street... yummy... The metro is just 5 metres away so practically you can be anywhere within max. 25 - 30 minutes. I would definetely stay again and advise my friends to stay.
P.S. Just a quick note. Maybe it is a standard value for Paris I am not sure but breakfast can be priced more reasonably I might add.

Room Tip: At 1st floor rooms you hear metro going under but you get used to it. 2nd night I didn't evet he...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple