“New and super nice”

Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel
Ranked #34 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed at Le 123 Sebastopol for five nights with my son who uses a wheelchair and his two assistents and we were all ever so pleased. We had three rooms on the third floor and they were all very nice and quiet.
We had a bit of trouble at first as the room my son had was a bit small for wheelchairs plus all the equipment he needs, but the manager M.Godard and Delphine at the front desk did everything to fix the problem and so did the head of housekeeping.They offered my son a better room, but as there are only a few rooms for disabled we didn´t change.
Everybody in the hotel were really helpful and friendly and Kevin at the front desk found a really good restaurant for us and was very helpful in general.
Breakfast was also great and M Godard came for breakfast every day and talked to us and the other guests and made everybody feel like it was our second home.
The only minus was the beds which my son and I found too hard.
The area is quite nice and it´s easy to walk everywhere. I will come back, but probably not with my son because of the beds.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KerranB

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is a well situated brand new hotel just a few metro stops away from most of the important places in Paris.

Given it's so new one needs to make allowances for teething problems. Overall this is a beautifully appointed hotel with good amenities and spotlessly clean throughout. I found all the staff very helpful and looking to provide good service. Excellent breakfast but a bit pricey at €20. In fact the hotel itself is expensive but if they can sort out some of the teething problems I reckon the price is justified.

My room was a standard delux. It was small but very well appointed. Great shower with good water pressure, huge towels, iPhone charger and so on. Very comfortable bed, decent pillows and good room lighting.

On arrival my room safe didn't work. Batteries had gone. Took a couple of hours to sort out which was a bit of a nuisance.

The biggest problem was the internet. I don't understand why hotels of this class can't seem to understand that a hi-speed internet connection is a basic requirement of the business traveller (and many tourists as well). I managed to get the internet connection to work on my pc but try as I might I could not get it running on my 2 iPhones. This sort of problem is enough to make me not return to a hotel so they need to fix this fast.

Another suggestion would be to have some plus sockets in the ground floor lounge area so guys like me who want to work there can charge our pcs and mobiles.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jgordon1
Le123Sebastopol, Directeur général at Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear M.Gordon,
aring your experience with us, this is nice to read that overall you had a pleasant stay. I’m sorry to learn you had WIFI problem while staying with us. We do understand that the internet is not a luxury but a necessity when traveling in order to stay connected to business associates as well as friends and family. Our staff should have assisted you as a free hotline is at your complete disposal 24/7.We did experience an issue with our connectivity which we handled with a short term fix and what we hope will be a successful long term solution. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at Hugues.godard@astotel.com I’ll be glad to welcome you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 1 October 2013

It could be argued that for 200 euros a night with breakfast and internet connection included, in central Paris this hotel could be good value for money. If on the other hand you are seeking a solid 4 star hotel with the basic comforts that come with it, I am sorry but you are in the wrong place.
Here are the reasons why...
Yes, the hotel is fun if you are into films and looking for a tourist, light-hearted experience; it is not fun anymore if you need to work from your room and need a comfortable chair to sit on for some time and a good night sleep. The chair was dreadful and no armchair in the room / aircon so noisy I could not sleep....
Design is new but furniture is on the cheap side and it shows, reminds me of an university hall accommodation where everything is new on month 2 but give it 2 years max. and everything will fall apart.
Breakfast / Food is not great, nothing to be remembered... (on that eve they had run out of bread! really??).
My real issue though was with cleanliness (or lack of it)... I I found hair on my bed and in the bathroom. removed the bed sheets and there was hair also on the mattress protector... that is simply intolerable.
Pillows were stained and when I asked for another pillow explaining the reasons for my request I was told that they do not have spare ones (what? not 1 spare pillow in a hotel?) and was offered a cushion instead (a cushion? from where?).
To top it all In the morning there was a taxi mismatch, but luckily was able to rectify it promptly.
I would not go back.

24  Thank MrsMinnie_UK
Le123Sebastopol, Directeur général at Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Madam,

Once again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback holds great value for us. We opened the 123 Sebastopol two months ago, with the intention of making this hotel, one of the best in Paris, not a luxury one but the most caring and attentive.
We had to face teething problem, we changed our supplier and procedure to avoid the hair on the bed sheets and mattress protector.
The air condition has been changed promptly. The breakfast was significantly improved; the extra pillows are now available. The furniture is maintained very carefully and we’ll change it whenever necessary.
We assure you that we will strive for excellence without pretension but with the obstinacy of the customer satisfaction.
We would like to thank you for your time and understanding, and we truly hope to welcome you again soon.

Yours sincerely

Serge Cachan CEO of Astotel & Hugues Godard GM of Le 123 Sébastopol

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I went to the 123 Sebastopol for business and it was fantastic. The front desk staff was perfect, helped me everytime I needed and above all was very professional.
I was in an "Ennio Morricone" room and I have loved the decoration!
I enjoyed the very confortable beds, and the breakfast.
When I arrived from the airport the taxi costed 62euros. For the departure the front desk staff was offering a private car transfer at 60 euros. It was cheaper and much better than the regular taxi.
I will come back for sure

1  Thank Robert K

Dear Robert K,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Le 123 Sébastopol.
We are thrilled that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one and for the promise to return. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

It's also brand new, so in great shape. They have a somewhat funny movie theme to the hotel which is carried throughout.
Here's what I liked:
- Front desk staff were on their A game
- Handsome lobby
- The room was clean and the beds were comfortable
- The windows open
I'd probably recommend staying in a room in the back as the front may get noisy.
The location is pretty great - within a few blocks you have lots of restaurants.

4  Thank OhFranklin
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Brand new hotel, nice staff, great breakfast! With its very original room (Belmondo's floor) we won't forget our night !
The cinema theme gives you the impression to travel twice, i discovered this hotel through this website and was very happy with my choice.

Room Tip: Depending on your taste, but even the rooms viewing the street are quiet