“Fabulous! You must stay here when in Paris!”

Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel
Ranked #37 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Adelaide
“Fabulous! You must stay here when in Paris!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year and I have to say this is THE best hotel I have stayed at in all my years of travelling! Everything is first class! This boutique hotel of 63 rooms is special in all respects! The staff are amazing, friendly and it is never any trouble for them to help you, whether it be them helping and printing out directions, suggestions for a restaurant or anything else you may need help with! The staff always greet you by your name and you always feel welcome as you step back in the door of the hotel after a day out sight seeing. Hugues the manager is called 'Papa' by the staff and you can tell all the staff have a great working relationship and are eager to please the guests. The themed movie style rooms are great and tastefully decorated and it is worth a visit to each floor to see the different decor. I stayed on the 3rd floor overlooking the inner courtyard/ breakfast room and it was very quiet! I loved the red velvet touches in the room! The rooms are always cleaned well and the little bags of chocolate laid out on the pillow at night were always welcome! The afternoon tea and free drinks from the bar every afternoon is a great idea and I enjoyed ending my day with a nice glass of wine or cocktail! The location is fabulous and everything is either in walking distance or accessible by taxi or metro. Merci beaucoup to Hugues and his staff! I will be telling all my friends to stay here and experience great Parisian hotel service and hospitality. second to none!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank FitForLifeAdelaide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Rockwood, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this lovey hotel for New Years (2nights). It definetly deserves to be rated #1. We always choose our vacation spots based on Tripadvisor and this choice did not disappoint.
It all begins with the incredible friendly service and consideration from each staff member, including the Hotel Director and Housekeeping manager.
You can see that everyone is happy to be a part of the team and genuinely care about their guests. This was consistent and made us feel so comfortable. The location is steps from the subway which was easy to navigate. It is also walking distance to the Louvre!
The hotel itself is whimsical and elegant in the cinema theme. Our room was perfect and super clean/well appointed including 2 robes/slippers, L'occitane products, free non alcoholic drinks in the mini bar, über comfortable beds and turn down service. The breakfast had so many options with local high quality choices from hot to cold - delicious. Our highlight was watching a movie in the cinema downstairs - just the two of us!
Thank you to the team for helping us with bookings and for letting us check in early (including setting us up with very fast wifi and coffee while our room was being prepared).
We will be back!

S&G - from Canada

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Solley100b
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Just returned to New York, after a wonderful stay in Paris over New Years. This is a hotel we would definitely come back to. The hotel is clean, modern and centrally located with complimentary drinks/snacks.

The staff were pleasant, attentive and extremely helpful! Beginning with the moment we checked in at 530 AM and were given a warm bed to sleep in despite official check in not happening for several hours and our booked room not being available. Everyone always has a smile and go out of their way to make your stay comfortable - from thoughtful last minute dinner reservations to an inviting and festive New Years Eve complimentary champagne toast from the "super-hero" dressed staff, to house-keeping calling us New Years Day to see if we needed our room cleaned after we spent most of the day in it :) They were awesome.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ally365
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A modern hotel who just opened a few months ago, everything was perfect, the friendly staff, the choice to choose your own room style, the view, the complimentary afternoon tea and mini bar, we had a splendid Christmas!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank channy609
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hello
I just came back home after a nice trip to Paris. I have chosen this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and once more, I was not disappointed.
A small summary would inlcude: clean rooms, comfortable beds, very friendly environment, smiley people, great breakfast, nice atmosphere and an open bar for you when you return from a tiring day in beautiful Paris.
Me and my daughter, we both loved it. Refreshing beverages in the fridge for us, pop corn offered at any time for my little one.
Last but not least, it is so easy to get there. Walking distance to G Pompidou, to Le Marais (great shopping area), 20 min by metro from the Champs Elysee, and 20 min to the Gare de Lyon.
This hotel and its people made my stay with my daughter very comfortable and cozy.
I would really like to thank them for tolerating with my daughter who always wanted to be on the little cars they have by the reception and personally, for the dinner offered in our room. It was all great! Do not hesitate to book it, great value for money!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Ifigenia D
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 December 2013

What a perfect stay. I put my folks up for their anniversary in this amazing hotel. Delivered beyond expectations, attentive staff, perfect stay (for two non-french-speaking adults). Super convenient part of town. The staff got my folks tickets to the opera, helped them with their extensive travel plans by rail, and took care of them entirely. They upgraded the room so my folks would be more comfortable, and were extremely helpful, friendly, welcoming, and just through and through pros! Can't wait for my next trip to Paris so I can stay at this great place, right in the middle of the action, convenient walking distance to many attractions, great restaurants, and transportation hubs, WITHOUT the noise. Excellent value - a truly luxury experience without a whiff of pretentiousness.

Room Tip: Ask the staff! They are super helpful to figure out your needs!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Fareeda A
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 24 December 2013

When I booked the hotel and noticed the décor was themed around French cinema and music, I wondered how that might work - good taste or bad? Turned out to be very good - it's clever and tasteful, the hotel is nicer than the pictures. The staff is exceptional - couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. The breakfast was excellent, location makes getting most places easy either by Metro or on foot. Would definitely recommend and stay here again - we were on a long trip through Italy and France, this was the nicest of all our accomodations by quite a margin, and all things considered, a good value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple