“Great Boutique Hotel”

Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel
Ranked #35 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My son and I stayed at Le 123 Sebastopol for 5 nights. The location of the hotel is fantastic. They were so incredibly accommodating to us. There were many nights when I stayed up all night and hung out in the lobby working. The staff was so nice. They brought me water, food --- all without asking. The staff definitely went above and beyond to be helpful to make sure we had a great experience in Paris. I firmly believe that we would not have had that same experience at other hotels in Paris. Le 123 Sebastopol is a quintessential boutique hotel. I can see why it is rated so high by many at Trip Advisor. Only downside..... the standard rooms can be a bit small. We upgraded to a bigger room and were very content.

Room Tip: If you can afford it take a room on the first floor.
2  Thank Holamamam
There are newer reviews for Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year and I have to say this is THE best hotel I have stayed at in all my years of travelling! Everything is first class! This boutique hotel of 63 rooms is special in all respects! The staff are amazing, friendly and it is never any trouble for them to help you, whether it be them helping and printing out directions, suggestions for a restaurant or anything else you may need help with! The staff always greet you by your name and you always feel welcome as you step back in the door of the hotel after a day out sight seeing. Hugues the manager is called 'Papa' by the staff and you can tell all the staff have a great working relationship and are eager to please the guests. The themed movie style rooms are great and tastefully decorated and it is worth a visit to each floor to see the different decor. I stayed on the 3rd floor overlooking the inner courtyard/ breakfast room and it was very quiet! I loved the red velvet touches in the room! The rooms are always cleaned well and the little bags of chocolate laid out on the pillow at night were always welcome! The afternoon tea and free drinks from the bar every afternoon is a great idea and I enjoyed ending my day with a nice glass of wine or cocktail! The location is fabulous and everything is either in walking distance or accessible by taxi or metro. Merci beaucoup to Hugues and his staff! I will be telling all my friends to stay here and experience great Parisian hotel service and hospitality. second to none!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank FitForLifeAdelaide
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this lovey hotel for New Years (2nights). It definetly deserves to be rated #1. We always choose our vacation spots based on Tripadvisor and this choice did not disappoint.
It all begins with the incredible friendly service and consideration from each staff member, including the Hotel Director and Housekeeping manager.
You can see that everyone is happy to be a part of the team and genuinely care about their guests. This was consistent and made us feel so comfortable. The location is steps from the subway which was easy to navigate. It is also walking distance to the Louvre!
The hotel itself is whimsical and elegant in the cinema theme. Our room was perfect and super clean/well appointed including 2 robes/slippers, L'occitane products, free non alcoholic drinks in the mini bar, über comfortable beds and turn down service. The breakfast had so many options with local high quality choices from hot to cold - delicious. Our highlight was watching a movie in the cinema downstairs - just the two of us!
Thank you to the team for helping us with bookings and for letting us check in early (including setting us up with very fast wifi and coffee while our room was being prepared).
We will be back!

S&G - from Canada

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Solley100b
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Just returned to New York, after a wonderful stay in Paris over New Years. This is a hotel we would definitely come back to. The hotel is clean, modern and centrally located with complimentary drinks/snacks.

The staff were pleasant, attentive and extremely helpful! Beginning with the moment we checked in at 530 AM and were given a warm bed to sleep in despite official check in not happening for several hours and our booked room not being available. Everyone always has a smile and go out of their way to make your stay comfortable - from thoughtful last minute dinner reservations to an inviting and festive New Years Eve complimentary champagne toast from the "super-hero" dressed staff, to house-keeping calling us New Years Day to see if we needed our room cleaned after we spent most of the day in it :) They were awesome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ally365
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A modern hotel who just opened a few months ago, everything was perfect, the friendly staff, the choice to choose your own room style, the view, the complimentary afternoon tea and mini bar, we had a splendid Christmas!

1  Thank channy609
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hello
I just came back home after a nice trip to Paris. I have chosen this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and once more, I was not disappointed.
A small summary would inlcude: clean rooms, comfortable beds, very friendly environment, smiley people, great breakfast, nice atmosphere and an open bar for you when you return from a tiring day in beautiful Paris.
Me and my daughter, we both loved it. Refreshing beverages in the fridge for us, pop corn offered at any time for my little one.
Last but not least, it is so easy to get there. Walking distance to G Pompidou, to Le Marais (great shopping area), 20 min by metro from the Champs Elysee, and 20 min to the Gare de Lyon.
This hotel and its people made my stay with my daughter very comfortable and cozy.
I would really like to thank them for tolerating with my daughter who always wanted to be on the little cars they have by the reception and personally, for the dinner offered in our room. It was all great! Do not hesitate to book it, great value for money!

5  Thank Ifigenia D
Reviewed 24 December 2013

What a perfect stay. I put my folks up for their anniversary in this amazing hotel. Delivered beyond expectations, attentive staff, perfect stay (for two non-french-speaking adults). Super convenient part of town. The staff got my folks tickets to the opera, helped them with their extensive travel plans by rail, and took care of them entirely. They upgraded the room so my folks would be more comfortable, and were extremely helpful, friendly, welcoming, and just through and through pros! Can't wait for my next trip to Paris so I can stay at this great place, right in the middle of the action, convenient walking distance to many attractions, great restaurants, and transportation hubs, WITHOUT the noise. Excellent value - a truly luxury experience without a whiff of pretentiousness.

Room Tip: Ask the staff! They are super helpful to figure out your needs!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple