“5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Hotel Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel
Ranked #53 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for a few nights late June with our young twins. The front desk was very gracious and uber helpul with making restaurant reservations, printing maps, ordering private transportation and finding a nanny so we could attend a masked ball at Versailles. The hotel even stored our baroque costumes for us until we returned from visiting the Baltics. The movie-themed rooms were colorful and clean. We had two adjacent rooms with a private foyer on the 4th floor. (rooms 422 and 424). The larger room had a private balcony and was very lovely. We took the balcony room and our kids shared the smaller room. Every afternoon, complimentary snacks and beverages are served. The buffet breakfast is delicious, reasonably priced and has both cold and hot items. The croissants were espcially good. My only gripe is that we weren't told until the day before our visit that we would require two rooms even though our kids were only 6. I was told my kids could not share a rollaway bed (the room can't fit two) and a larger suite option was not possible to keep the family together. We were offered the same Orbitz rate I paid for the other room though. I did see in a travel guide later that Paris does have strict rules about the number of occupants per square meter. I only wish we would have been told a week prior to my arrival when I inquired about a nanny to avoid the last minute sticker shock. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. It's convenient to many attractions and near the trendy Marais district. The staff is knowledgable, bilingual and friendly.

Room Tip: If you need two rooms, I recommend the private wing with rooms 422 and 424, the latter having a beau...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LaJollaTravelDiva
Le123Sebastopol, Directeur général at Hotel Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

WOW ! thank you so much for your wonderful praises and lovely words. Customer service is of Paramount importance to us !
This is regretful that you didn’t know prior to your arrival that our room can fit only 2 adults, we will ensure that our children policy is clearer on our partners website.
Again thank you for recommending us and we really hope that we’ll have the chance to spoil you and your family once again !
All the best ,

Hugues Godard,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel neighborhood was a little seedy but not awful. Hotel itself was very nice . Very clean room, very quiet, fast free wifi. Very nice staff. Would give this hotel a 5 if it had coffee/tea maker in the room.

4  Thank tennispat

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I embrace this opportunity to explain that a coffee maker was available only on our superior room but we have decided to offer a kettle in every room thanks to your genuine advice. Clients reviews are the only way for us to get better everyday !

All the best,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

You are made to feel welcome from the moment you walk through the door. All the staff are courteous and polite, the hotel is clean, tidy, modern, and the rooms are the same. Rooms are small but have everything you need. Shower is great as is the big comfortable bed. The breakfast is also first class and worth getting up for. Would certainly return here when back in Paris, and would certainly recommend. If only all hotels left you feeling this way.

4  Thank rOjU_10
Le123Sebastopol, Directeur général at Hotel Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for leaving us such a great review. I am so glad that our team had such a positive impact on your stay, they really love what they do and it means a lot to them to receive such wonderful praises. Thank you also for recommending us and I hope during your next visit to Paris you stay with us again. Best regards

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My partner and I recently stayed two nights at Le 123 Sebastopol Hotel. It was a wonderful experience from check in to check out. The hotel is less than a year old and is very stylish. The staff is welcoming and genuinely interested in making sure you have an enjoyable stay.

We booked a basic level room and I believe we were upgraded one category. The room was generously sized (especially for European standards). The bathroom is small, but it is modern and clean and served us just fine.

The breakfast, which was included in our rate, was very good. I was expecting cereal, breads and cold cuts, but they had several hot dishes too (eggs, sausages, etc). Breakfast is served in their center atrium which is very light and airy. They also host complimentary snacks and drinks in the early evening, but we never made it back in time to try this.

The hotel is conveniently located in Paris. We walked everywhere. 10-15 min walk to the Marais district. 15-20 min walk to Notre Dame. 20+ min walk to the Louvre. There's also a metro stop just across the street from the hotel with convenient links to all major sites in Paris. This metro is also a few stops away from Gare du Nord, which makes it very convenient for people traveling via the Eurostar from London.

Some of the side streets near the hotel may look a bit seedy at night, and I was a bit concerned about this reading one of the earlier reviews, but it's honestly nothing to worry about. We felt very safe and returned home around midnight by foot both nights.

The hotel is a very good value (and a genuinely terrific hotel) and I have no hesitation recommending it to anyone visiting Paris (other than risking the hotel becoming too full and perhaps raising rates when we decide to visit again :)

5  Thank psamtani
Le123Sebastopol, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

What a wondeful comment ! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are all looking forward to that returning trip you mentioned and do not worry about the rates we will make it right for you, you can contact me personnally at asqual@astotel.com I will handle your reservation personnally.

Laure Meunier - Customer Service

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is beautifully decorated, but the staff is even better. Thanks to Gregory who greatly organized our plans and made our stay very enjoyable. We told him what we wanted (I am picky) and all the recommandations were exeptionnal. It is rare to find staff who really listen to people. Here, they are.
For my next trip to Paris, this where I will go!

Merci!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suzanne F
Le123Sebastopol, Directeur général at Hotel Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Suzanne,
I was thrilled to read your comments following your recent stay with us at our 123 Sebastopol Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed this trip and I have passed your kind words on to Gregory who ensured we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The staff was amazing, especially the breakfast employee. One employee (I feel so bad as I forgot his name) went out of his way to get me some lactose free milk and gluten free products. And every morning he would prepare a special lactose free hot chocolate for my son. Thank you !
The room was very nice, very clean and big enough for Paris. I had enough space for my four big luggages. The beds were very comfy. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was very good with the pressure.
The front desk staff were also very helpful and gave me good advice. I also want to thank one lady in housekeeping who did not hesitate to get through the hotel's garbage to find my glasses (they felt accidentally in my room's garbage can).
The location of the hotel is also very good, it is close to 2 subway stations and also walking distance from many touristic attractions.
The only con I would point , is the fact that there is nobody at the door (bellman) when you arrive with all your big luggages to open the doors and help you out.

Great stay, hope to be back soon !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lifelight

I thank you first for choosing us and for your candid feedback. It is truly appreciated. I have passed on your kind words to the team at breakfast, housekeeping and reception .What is particularly upsetting is that nobody offers you to help with your luggages because it is a service we do offer to our clients we will share your feedback with our bellboy to be more attentive.
I hope that you will be visiting us once again in the near future !

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for our anniversary. Excellent choice. A proud staff (especially Joanna) and great service from kind, relaxed people. We walked to most Paris attractions except the eiffel tower from here. Bike rentals close by, many cabs on the street, easy to get around. Free breakfast is not continental, but a fill you up breakfast that includes eggs, bacon, cheeses, sausage, fruit etc. The coffee machine in the room is great because coffee in France in a bit of an oddity, mostly served in espresso sized cups. They had excellent wine at the hotel bar for a nightcap. The staff was very thoughtful, they brought flowers for our anniversary, helped with reservations and offered to allow us to switch rooms during our stay if we wanted to try a different theme. We didn't take them up on it, but thought it a nice gesture. Rooms are euro-small but well designed and comfortable. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I would try to stay away from the service door on the first floor. That area seemed busy but not ea...
3  Thank 42n8tom

Thank you for choosing us for such a special event and for taking the time to post your review of 123 Sébastopol on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback. I've shared your kind words with Joanna and the rest of the team.I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back for your next anniversary !

Kind Regards,