“Oozes L'Romance”
Review of L'Hotel

L'Hotel
Ranked #606 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I had been to Paris several times prior to this trip, but I stayed at L'Hotel durting my first visit to Paris with my (now) wife. We stayed in the 'apartment' suite, which was exquisite. A little pricey, but worth the extra expense. We really enjoyed dining at Le Restaurant in the hotel, where the food was sumptious and the service was impeccable. Remember to reserve a table, even if you're staying at the hotel, as the restaurant books up quickly. We also enjoyed afternoon cocktails and evening night caps at Le Bar, which is cozy and romantic. But the show stopper for my wife and I was the Hammam pool and steam room downstairs, where you can book a private reservation. Absolutely wonderful. L'Hotel is a short walk to the Louvre, as well as up to rue de Buci , which is peppered with small resataurants and brasseries. Our favorite was L'Atlas, where you can spend your afternoon eating fresh seafood, drinking great French wine and conducting a heavy dose of people watching.

Room Tip: "The Apartment" is the suite to book
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrankFromNYC

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Well I've been in the Regent in Hong Kong, and many other top hotels this one takes the cake for luxury and especially relaxing enviroment. The breakfast is spectacular. We did look personally at a couple of rooms and chose room 54- balcony over looking a really neat residential eclave, soaking tub huge room with basic satin wall covering I could go on and on but what I am getting is. 1 don't use a booking agency. Call the hotel and make some friends. They are incredibly friendly and helpful. Just a huge relaxing atmosphere. They got us into Jules Verne on no notice. Did get us cabs in the rain. I was actually recommended by another hotel front desk person to spend at least one night of my life there. What she did not know is that I had already booked one night. Finances allowing I and my wife agree we will be coming here every year for the rest of our lives. I did look at a second floor room 24 I think it was one of the nicest I had seen in Paris for the price but wanted to see the suite 54, Walked in the door and said DONE We travel in December so there is a lot of availablity in Paris but how lucky was this to get in one of the nicest places that we could easily afford. Did not have an opportunity to dine at L Restaurant but it is the #1 ranked in Paris how sweet is that.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We were stuck in a cafe in marais and needed a taxi back to the hotel as it was pouring down with rain. We rang the front desk and asked if they would arrange a taxi to take us back. They refused to do so and gave us a number to ring and arrange ourselves. We tried but as the phone menu was in french, which we didnt speak, we couldn't arrange one. We rang the hotel again but they again refused to assist. We ended up asking our waitress to call one which she pleasantly did and we tipped her extra for it. When we got back to the hotel, we asked the front desk why they couldnt have done what the waitress did and called us a taxi, they replied that if we were not there when the taxi arrived then the hotel would be liable for the bill, thus they would not call us one. Hence, we understood that while we're paying over Eur 600 a night for our room, we were not deemed good for a Eur 20 taxi bill that the cafe was willing to take the 'risk' for. Very poor service that we have not experienced travelling elsewhere around the world. We will be checking out other hotels in Paris with hopefully better service.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank feevrs
Reviewed 1 December 2012

A magical bar to have a drink in Paris. We sought out the hotel bar after learning about the history and the people who used to visit here. Heck, Oscar Wilde died in this hotel! The bar is absolutely stunning - they have a small bar with four stools and then lots of lovely seating areas. We were the only people in the entire bar, so it was a bit romantic - even we felt like rock stars!

We had two glasses of rose each, about 9 Euros (cocktails are expensive but it goes with the territory, I'm sure they are tasty). It was really a magical experience - I'd consider staying here now that I've enjoyed the bar and the service so much.

A really wonderful place for a historic cocktail - you never know, maybe Johnny Depp will stop in.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Lovely base in the center of Paris. Great charm and ambience, fabulous quirky rooms.
Very helpful staff but not easy to get served in the bar at times. Excellent location for restaurants and sightseeing.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siamsa
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We didn’t stay here, but we stopped by for a Sunday afternoon drink. We wanted a place where we could sit, talk, and drink champagne and L’Hotel was fantastic. The service was exceptional (the staff recommended a cheaper champagne for us to order). We loved the fact that this was a hidden gem and that it was empty, as that is the ambiance that we were seeking. The cocktails were delicious as well and very elegantly served.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Carolina B
Reviewed 5 November 2012

As an Independent business traveller journeying to Paris with a few days to relax - the last thing I needed was to be surrounded in romantic soft settings or covered with over ostenscious gold tapped decor. I accidentally came across a book of Parisian Hotels and decided to go find this 'cool, smart, secret enclave with a hint of louchness'. However, I had my doubts, after all this is the place where Monsieur Wilde quipped ‘either that wallpaper goes, or I do’. Thankfully the wallpaper has evolved, tastes have been refined and expectations have been surpassed - the L'Hôtel did deliver the goods and more. You can even bring your well behaved pets with you! The rooms are delightful - from themed and (almost) minimalist Mistinguette Chic to the very colourful Pierre Loti - Mignon, Bijoux, Grand, Chic. Not for die-hard modern design lovers, or for functionalists - as the street noise can be distracting (or richly ambient) The furniture and storage is limited but fine if your can think creatively and happy to invest $$$$$. Its also very helpful if you learn the phrase 'Je ne parle pas beaucoup de français.' (I don't speak much French) and usually at this point, depending on your pronunciation, whoever is serving you will switch to English and you can communicate your needs beautifully ...... This hidden gem is beautiful, and one of the coolest yet friendliest places to stay in Paris. J'Taime, J'Taime dans L'Hôtel Rue Des Beaux Arts 75006

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business