“One of the most memorable hotels Ive ever stayed in”
Review of L'Hotel

L'Hotel
Ranked #617 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here many years ago and I see from other reviews its been refurbished recently. Other reviews can tell you about the facilities today. I just wanted to add for any potential visitors something about the style and atmosphere about the place which I hope remains - and seems to from the majority of reviews. I played the piano in the cocktail bar and discussed life with the (then) owner in the 80s - he looked and talked like he'd lived through the Jim Morrison era. It was a boutique hotel before anyone called hotels that. Then at least it was the real deal. I stayed there whenever I could.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having stayed on the right bank for many years,we recently moved across the river and have made L'Hotel our home from home in Paris.Perfect location in the 6th close but not too close to B st Germain.Small,beautiful Art Deco building with a welcoming and very helpful staff.we stay on the 5th floor in a room with a balcony overlooking the back.Spacious,great linens and bed, wonderful deep tub with brass hardware,separate shower.The restaurant downstairs is excellent as is the bar.An oasis in the middle of all the action.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Famous hotel where Oscar Wilde died and Jim Morrison lived or visited (this fact is bit unclear).

Very small and round but the rooms were impeccable and the staff was incredibly helpful - I cannot stress how helpful they were often without me even asking. I arrived early and when my room was not ready yet they immediately offered that I use the shower by the pool so I could go on to Roland Garros refreshed. On an extremely rainy day, an umbrella was handed to me before the request came out of my mouth.

Location was perfection, in St Germain, near all attractions, cafés and three metro stops.

Building itself is moody and uniquely Parisian. Room was small but AC worked well, minibar was well stalked, and bathroom was well-equipped. On the lower level, the pool was darkly romantic.

The strangest (but I loved it) part was the cable tv with many many stations in French And English including three stations that showed nothing but 1980s era American mini-series! Winds of War, The Thornbirds, various Danielle Steele adaptations, etc :)

Finally, I booked ahead directly with L'Hotel and got an extremely good rate.

I will stay at L'Hotel again...hopefully soon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We wanted to make this something special and L'Hotel made it happen. From the start to finish I must say that the service was faultless throughout. Making our reservation so we could get the room of our choice, making dinner reservations for our first night and all those small things that make for a special time. We were greeted on arrival with a warm welcome. Dinner in the restaurant was fantastic. Cocktails before were prepared perfectly. We booked the Hammam for one hour which I would strongly suggest everyone should experience. Candles were placed around the pool which made it so romantic. The steam room was just the right size. Robes, huge bath towels, cold water. Nothing missed. The bedrooms are serviced twice a day so you always have clean towels. The location is perfect if you want to explore St Germain. Numerous galleries, restaurants, bistros and Les Deux Magots a short walk.
Everyone should experience this place at least once. My wife and I hope it will be many more.

Room Tip: Look at the web site. Call the hotel and they will help you choose the room that matches the occasio...
2  Thank brobecs
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had wanted to stay at l'hotel when I heard it had been refurbished. As a massive fan of Oscar Wilde it has always appealed because it was where he ended up. The wonderful circular 6 storey staircase is a joy, the decor is jewel like, the restaurant one of Paris' best and the location fantastic for lovers of art and shopping. That said....you would'nt want to be very tall or large. The lift is tiny and our bath was very wee. Luckily we are both 5'6" so we were ok. Our room was on the 5th floor and felt wonderfully bohemian and romantic. The bar was great too and the service excellent.

Room Tip: Not much traffic on the tiny road but I chose a room at the back just in case. I would go for higher...
1  Thank sriv60
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This little hotel is beautiful. I felt like I walked into old time Paris. Mind you, everything is small including your room but every inch is a gem. I loved it and will never even look for another place to stay in Paris. The staff was execelent! The dinner reservations they made for us were all outstanding. They asked us our type of restaurant, location and were always considinerate of the price. The front desk always had a charming, hansom gentlemen who spoke english beautifully. The location was also wonderful. In the St. Germain area. Very central and close to lots of sightseeing an well as restaurants and shopping. Treat yourself to this lovely place!

Room Tip: As for a larger one. It won't be big. Also the sunny side would be nice but not necessary
1  Thank Anita B
Reviewed 5 May 2014

From the moment my wife and I arrived at L'Hotel we felt relaxed. Situated in a lovely location on the Left Bank, L'Hotel is the perfect base for exploring Paris. A true boutique hotel with just 20 rooms, the room we stayed in 'Mata Hari' was stunning. Opulent decor made the room warm and welcoming with a host of original features. It was beautiful.

The staff were all very polite and efficient from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The hotel bar was intimate and bar staff made a mean Martini. Perhaps the highlight of L'Hotel though is the swimming pool located on lower ground floor. The pool is available for guests to book for the most exclusive and secluded swim your ever likely to have.

I really can't recommend and commend L'Hotel enough. Simply stunning. I'd return in a heartbeat.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple