“Clean and Convenient”
Review of Palym Hotel

Palym Hotel
Ranked #492 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was impresessed by this hotel. Although the room was small (as in all of Europe), the wood interior gave it a modern feel. The room was also very clean and neat with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was small- but this was expected. In addition, there is an elevator which is not common in Europe. Only complaint, was that the wifi did not work at all times. The location was great- as was opposite Gard de Lyon, so catching our train to Nice was easy. The staff are most helpful with directions etc. In addition it is not in a typical tourist centre, so felt like we were in residential Paris. There are loads of resturants, shops etc nearby so very convenient. Definitely value for money!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samm204

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very happy with our hotel in Paris - Hotel Palym.
It gave us a warm, clean, comfortable, convenient base from which we could spend happy days discovering Paris.Absolutely perfect location.
We stayed for 4 nights, and were happy with everything except the WiFi - it was rather intermittent.
Breakfast was extra, but at only 6 euros each, we found it well worth the convenience. Waitress who organised the breakfast room was delightful, friendly and helpful, and deserves recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here twice in two different rooms in apr, and I would definitely recommend this place because: 1) the room is nice. Some say the room's small, but actually it depends on which room u stay. To me, it's pretty okay because I've tried another similar-price-but-less-good-location place, and that is called SMALL. 2) the staff r friendly. I've met four different receptions and all of them are nice people. 3) location is great!!! Step out of the hotel and u will see Gare de Leon, and less than 5min' walk u r in the station. I hate to walk long time with luggage or heavy bags, so the location is absolutely what I love.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed with my family of five, small noisy rooms, unfriendly staff ( a lady in the reception) every time she shows her grumpy face when we ask some doubts as we are visitors I didn't even bother to ask her name , except for rail station and transport and a place to sleep , I strongly not recommend for families I suggest try good hotels around for the same price

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

A very good hotel. Perfect location for an early morning train to the south of France ( only a 5 minute walk to the station). Rooms aren't huge, but spacious enough. Very very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a small hotel by the Gare de Lyon railway station. There are plenty of bus stops and taxi ranks also nearby, so it is well located to get to any of the sights of Paris. There are also plenty of cafés and restaurants nearby. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, with good English for those who speak little or no French. The rooms are small but neat, clean and quiet. The bathroom was exceptionally small, but it was functional. We stayed for 5 nights and overall were very happy with the hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnandrews62
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Been here for the 2nd time, in February for three nights as a weekend trip in Paris for my birthday. Again we loved the hotel. It's clean and quiet with a friendly staff.
Our room was at the fourth floor and was spacious enough with a nice bathroom with a very good shower and everything was clean.
The only downside of our room was that it was facing the wall. The last time we had a room with a big balcony facing the Gare de Lyon, so this time it was a bit dissapointing to not have this kind of view. But still, a nice room! And we didn't ask for the same room as we had before, so it's our own fault!

About the wifi; the connection is very bad in the room. But ok when you're sitting in the hall near the reception. I didn't mind it, but for people who live for the internet it's not a good thing.

I would certainly come back again and reccomand this hotel to anyone who wants to have a good time in Paris!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view if you prefere to have a balcony and view over the Gare de Lyon. If you w...