“Lovely staff, shame about the rooms...”

Adagio Access Paris Tilsitt Champs Elysees - ex-Citea
Ranked #1,572 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff, shame about the rooms...”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Initial thoughts of 'great location' and 'lovely reception staff' were overtaken by the disappointment that was the rooms (because by the time I managed to sleep I was in room number 3). Please don't be fooled by the photos on the website - the first room I was shown to was so scruffy and dirty I asked to be moved. There were rings on all surfaces, stains on the acrylic carpet, a cracked toilet, dirty sink and a laughable kitchenette - stuffed into what was once a wardrobe with loose switches and cracked utensils (room 301)
The replacement room was a little bigger( 504 ) with a rooftop view of the arc and looked somewhat cleaner - until a large rodent ran down the wall from curtain pelmet to wardrobe top - then disappeared. At this point I should have just packed up and gone but it was almost midnight so I took one last room - drab 204 which thankfully didn't have any mousey visitors however had the added delights of the night club crowds below until I finally fell asleep through sheer exhaustion at 4am. My company moved me the next day as they were concerned re: health and safety however when I told reception no refund was forthcoming... Will leave our booking partners to fight that battle. I'm struggling to marry up the 'good price' and 'fantastic hotel' reviews on this site with my experience. The one saving grace was the lovely night reception staff member who did his very best for me. That said his personal text to my mobile phone asking 'where did you go?' was slightly unnerving the next day as he had taken my number from the hotel records I guess... The wrong kind of guest follow up!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Littlereddragon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

way to small for what it had charge, and thats were no aircon and window opens very close to other buildings.
The roof top were they selling point, however it was under Maintance for the last 6mth.
The bathroom is dirty, carpets are smelly and wet. ask to change room and was took they were fully booked out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hippo888888

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have never stayed in a two star hotel but if they are all like this, then I would never go back to a 3-5* again! Yes, the rooms are dated, not romantic etc. BUT if you are just going for a two or three day weekend and will literally only be sleeping in the hotel then this is perfect! Located on a small street opposite the Arc de Triomphe and a 5 minute walk to the Champs Elysees, you simply cannot go wrong.
The hotel was very clean, beds made every day for you by housekeeping and clean towels given to you every morning! Very powerful shower and comfortable bed which were excellent after a long day of walking and sightseeing.
Staff was absolutely AMAZING. Helpful, knowledgeable, kind etc. Booked us taxis, told us where to buy cheap bottles of water etc. – cannot fault them.
Finally, the VIEW. Oh that view. What a treat! The hotel has six floors, if you take the life/stairs to the top , you have a terrace (you need to ask reception for the key for this which they will happily give you) overlooking the champs, Eiffel tower and the Arc de Triomphe. –This is especially beautiful at night when everything is lit up (including the Eiffel that glitters every hour on the hour.) – just magical.
I can definitely recommend this very good and affordable hotel for the perfect city break in Paris.
P.S. you are a two minute walk away from Charles de Gaulle Etoile metro station which is very handy!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Me and my friends stayed here for two nights and had a really good experience. We stayed in one of the apartments for 3 people and our view from the balcony overlooked the arc de triomphe and the eiffel tower, it was incredible. I would recommend staying here purely for the view, you could pay for a 4/5* hotel in Paris and still not have a view as good as this. The terrace is open to everybody, you just need to ask reception for the key. There's wifi which was super useful for me and my friends and the staff on reception were also very helpful, calling taxis for us and giving us advice on where to go etc. The room itself was quaint and comfy, what we expected for a cheap price. It was clean, the bed's were comfy and there was also a safe provided. If you're not looking for luxury but something for a good price in a central location, I would 100% recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights. Travelling with my wife and 5 year old daughter we were looking for something spacious and comfortable to base ourselves on our weekend away and this ticked all the boxes. staff were very pleasant and helpful in the build up to our trip and really great during our stay. The apartment is basic but as we were out all day then this made little difference. Worth every penny due to the central location and views enjoyed from the roof terrace!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family