“View is what you are only paying for...”

Adagio Access Paris Tilsitt Champs Elysees - ex-Citea
Ranked #1,570 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Saint-Petersburg
“View is what you are only paying for...”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked this hotel as emergency for one night. We were nicely welcomed by lady receptionist and checked-in earlier than had to for free. But when we saw the room, we were extremely disappointed - it looks just COMPLETELY different from pictures we saw on Accor website. In addition to it being very worn-out, the rooms are like image from 80's, outdated and shabby. If you wish to cook - take in account that kitchenette in studios is ridiculously small and is difficult to really prepare some food in.. We were able to change the room for the bigger one that was thankfully brighter, but not without unpleasant surprises.
However, with all that gloomy image of it, the location is hardly to be more central. The hotel is just on the Charle de Gaulle square and is 1 min from metro station. The best and the most awesome thing is a terrace that you as a guest have an access to. It looks over the Arc de Triumph and Eiffel tower, at night or day just fabulous... Leaving a hotel, I had a feeling that this is the only thing I actually paid for...

Room Tip: Keep in mind that studios are different from apartments and pictures shown are normally from upgrade...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cooma, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

In early January 2013, my son booked and PAID for 3 rooms for new years eve 2013. When we arrived on this day, we were informed the rooms were unavailable because of "electrical problems". We demanded to see the Director, who would not appear until my wife threatened to walk into his office. In the meantime the poor receptionist copped the flak. After much argument we were eventually offered alternative Adagio accommodation at Mont Martre,breakfast,and the cost of taxi fares. The Adagio Access Paris Tilsitt Champs Elysees had our money for almost 12 months in advance, and notified us upon arrival that our rooms were not available. Completely unacceptable, and this establishment would be the last place we would recommend in Paris.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Robert N
DANIEL D, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Tilsitt Champs Elysees - ex-Citea, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comment, which has been carefully noted.
We would like to apologies for the electrical issue that we went through at the end of December 2013. This problem was of course beyond our control.

Since the satisfaction of our guest is our primary goal, we made all our best to find you an alternative option. We booked apartments at Adagio Paris Montmartre, a higher category aparthotel and offered you the breakfasts for the next morning as well as the taxis fees as a compensation.

Be sure that we make every effort to resolve these problems to welcome in the best conditions for your next stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at the Adagio Access Paris Tilsitt,

Kind regards

Daniel DEPANIAN
H8370-GM@ADAGIO-CITY.COM

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Initial thoughts of 'great location' and 'lovely reception staff' were overtaken by the disappointment that was the rooms (because by the time I managed to sleep I was in room number 3). Please don't be fooled by the photos on the website - the first room I was shown to was so scruffy and dirty I asked to be moved. There were rings on all surfaces, stains on the acrylic carpet, a cracked toilet, dirty sink and a laughable kitchenette - stuffed into what was once a wardrobe with loose switches and cracked utensils (room 301)
The replacement room was a little bigger( 504 ) with a rooftop view of the arc and looked somewhat cleaner - until a large rodent ran down the wall from curtain pelmet to wardrobe top - then disappeared. At this point I should have just packed up and gone but it was almost midnight so I took one last room - drab 204 which thankfully didn't have any mousey visitors however had the added delights of the night club crowds below until I finally fell asleep through sheer exhaustion at 4am. My company moved me the next day as they were concerned re: health and safety however when I told reception no refund was forthcoming... Will leave our booking partners to fight that battle. I'm struggling to marry up the 'good price' and 'fantastic hotel' reviews on this site with my experience. The one saving grace was the lovely night reception staff member who did his very best for me. That said his personal text to my mobile phone asking 'where did you go?' was slightly unnerving the next day as he had taken my number from the hotel records I guess... The wrong kind of guest follow up!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Littlereddragon
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

way to small for what it had charge, and thats were no aircon and window opens very close to other buildings.
The roof top were they selling point, however it was under Maintance for the last 6mth.
The bathroom is dirty, carpets are smelly and wet. ask to change room and was took they were fully booked out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple