Hotel Concorde Montparnasse
  • Restaurant
US$224
US$189
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$527
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
2,280 results
All reviewseiffel towertrain stationmini barair france busbusiness hotelbuffet breakfastmodern hotelmin walkmajor attractionsdeluxe roomyogurtvisiting parismontparnassegaiteeurosminibarcdg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here from the 27th of october till the first of november. We are used to staying in luxury hotels but this trip was on a tight budget so we chose concorde montparnasse and we didnt regret it! The hotel is very nice from the lobby and its vibrant atmosphere to the very helpful front desk. The room is very good size i thought i will get a much smaller room but it was perfect but not for families it would be too tight. It has all the supplies i needed kettle, coffee and tea restocked everyday, slippers, bathrobes, toiletires, shoe polish kit and sewing kit. Towels were changed daily. Asked for an iron they kindly left it in my room through out my stay. My room was with a good view of the road thst was a plus, hairdryer in the bathroom was important espically that it was cold. And the most amazing thing was the bed soooo comfortable we slept like babies, i wish we could take this bed home. The only drawback we found on the room there was only one electrical plug in the room so we had to charge our phones by turn. Except that go ahead book this hotel you wont regret it!
The location is great right on the corner is the train and metro station, 2 supermarkets in front of the hotel and shopping and restaurants down the road (rue de renne). Dont forget take the airport bus to montparnasse it drops you 2 minutes before your hotel only for 17 euros! Instead of 45-50 euro taxi fare.

BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Norarashed,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is really pleasant to read your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the Hotel location, the amenities in your room, the staff professionalism and the view from your room. As you mentioned the Hotel is 200 meters from the airport shuttle.

Please come back to visit us!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in late October this year, the hotel selected as our best bet by the Gare Montparnasse station. Our expectations were wildly exceeded. Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful, the restaurant is truly excellent, and the breakfast buffet is phenomenal. Be aware that this is a major "group" hotel, so occasionally the lobby may be filled with a bus-full of folks coming or going. That aside, we found our room immaculate, the bed VERY comfortable, the amenities top notch, and of course the location is convenient to everything. For a modern (built in 2004) 4-star hotel in Paris, I'm not sure you can do better. We liked it considerably more than the 5-star hotel we stayed in last time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Roger D,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to read your comment; I am glad that you spent a great time at the Hotel Concorde Montparnasse and that you especially appreciated the Hotel location, the breakfast Buffet, and the comfort of the Hotel Concorde Montparnasse.

Please make us the pleasure to come once again for your next visit in Paris

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were advised on arrival they had upgraded us to a bigger room. Huge comfortable bed, coffee maker, sofa, great bathroom. English was spoken at reception which was helpful when arriving tired after 20 hours flying and I only speak basic French. The hotel was very quite, no traffic noise. There were plenty of restaurants on the front side of Montparnasse Station.

We had chosen this hotel for its location and it was perfect. We had a 6am train to catch at Montparnasse Station. My husband was travelling with a large bicycle box. We caught the Air France bus from Charles de Gaulle. It stopped opposite the Pullman Hotel. It was a half block walk to the corner to Concorde Hotel. No roads to cross even with our luggage. In the morning we walked back to where the bus had stopped and there was a side entrance to Montparnasse Station. The escalator took us straight to the TGV platforms.

Would stay at the hotel again and would recommend its location for anyone catching a TGV from this big station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear NZTraveller 2011

Thank you very much for your positive and complete comment after your stay at the Hotel Concorde Montparnasse. It is a real pleasure and a huge motivation to read your satisfaction. I am glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our room and the Hotel location. As you mentioned we are 200 meters far from the airport bus station and 300 meters from the Gare Montparnasse.

Please make us the honor to come at the Hotel Concorde Montparnasse during your next trip in to Paris.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The good - the hotel location is great and the rooms are clean and of decent size, not too small like in so many other hotels. The bathroom was well appointed and there was hot water to spare.
The bad - each time I reported a problem, the staff offered excuses rather than fix the problem. The elevator creaked and groaned and then got stuck in between floors - twice. The elevator requires you to insert the room key in the car reader within the elevator. To work properly, the room card must be inserted during the entire ride up the elevator. Remove it part way during the ride up and the elevator gets stuck. And I believe that the elevator's electrical field near the card reader may be responsible for corrupting the card's magnet strip if you remove the card during the ride up. The staff blamed it on the room card's proximity to my credit car. They blamed it on the sensitive room cards. So, they reprogrammed the cards - twice. Not once did they consider that the elevator badly needed maintenance or that the elevator card reader may be broken, or that the elevator card reader should be thrown away since it doesn't enhance security. In the room, the TV remote control barely worked. The staff said to keep pressing the buttons on the remote and it would eventually work. I told them that the buttons only worked if it was within 3 feet of the TV. Translation - the batteries were nearly dead. I asked for new batteries. They said that they would send someone up the next day. Two days later, the remote still had dead batteries. The mattress and pillows were perhaps the worst that I've seen in a hotel of this class. They reminded me of the lumpy mattresses and pillows that I had in my college dorm. I was able to fall asleep on them thanks only to the mercy of jet lag. The sad part is that this could be a great hotel if the staff changed focus from excuses to real service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul F

I am happy to know you spent a nice stay amongst us, apart from the secured access to the elevators. It is true that we control the access to the stairs through a room card reader, allowing our guests to access their rooms. However, as in many hotels, those devices might be sensitive to any magnetic contact with a mobile phone or keys. Please be assured that our elevators are regularly and totally checked by a specialized company, in accordance with the security laws for French hotels.

We took your comments into account and raised the awareness of the staff about the service attitude to be adopted.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. They have an excellent breakfast, great larger rooms that were very clean, and they got us our room early. The couple of problems I had was no a/c, the location (not my hotels fault - my travel agents fault), and the staff was inconvienced by my existance on the earth. Only 1 very nice bellman every else wasn't nice at all. I heard that the french wasn't nice but in 5 days the only people not nice was the staff at this hotel. If u want to be near the things u want to c dont stay here. Its worth the extra hotel price by the time u pay for a taxi 10 times.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Sad 12181,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Concorde Montparnasse. I am sorry to read that our staff behavior didn’t met your expectations, be sure that our satisfaction guests is our top one priority. Regarding the location, please know that we are 300 meters from Montparnasse-Bienvenüe station, which is one of the major stations in Paris, counting 4 different metro lines (only 10 mn from the Invalides, the Eiffel Tower or St Germain des Prés). I am glad to know that you enjoyed an early Check-In as welle as the quality of our breakfast buffet.

Regards.