Hotel du Commerce
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$206
Official Site
US$678
US$650
  • Room Service
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$633
US$542
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnotre damelatin quartergreat locationmetro stationparisian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Amazing location, absolute bargain, spotlessly clean, fun decor, friendly staff. Toilets are separate and down the corridor which is a very slight annoyance but hardly a deal-breaker. We were on the top floor - the 86 stairs up to our room justified many a croissant! We loved this hotel and were sad to leave. If I ever come back to Paris I will definitely stay again.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This ho(s)tel is in a great area: super close to Notre Dame, close to the tube, in a fun district, good shopping and good food all over the place. Don't go here expecting a hotel, it's definitely a hostel. You pay extra for showers (some sites don't list that so be warned). The room was exactly as advertised (we had a room for three), small and slightly outdated but clean and comfortable. We had a room right at the front of the hotel with huge windows that viewed out onto a great street which I loved. It was VERY loud at night (across the street from a bar) but I had earplugs so slept like a baby. It's an old building so has no elevator and narrow stairs. I thought it was really cool and very unique (exactly what I was aiming for), but if you're expecting a five star hotel you should stay at a five star hotel. The front desk person was friendly. Showers were clean and had hot water. While we were there they had a "customer appreciation party" and gave us lots of free food (awesome!). They were also very nice in storing our stuff for free after we checked out and wanted to leave our luggage there while we explored the city. Wifi was a little spotty but it was free so I couldn't complain. I'd stay here again. The value for the location was exceptional.

Room Tip: Rooms at front will be loud due to street traffic but have great views. Bring earplugs and enjoy the scenery! If you need elevators go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My husband, six month old baby, and I stayed here, and it was a good deal for the price. It is really more of a hostel than a hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised with our experience. We live in Canada but have traveled in Europe before, so we knew not to expect a bathroom in the room. The staff were kind and helpful, and the location cannot be beat. We stayed on the first floor (one up from the ground) and had no problems with our wireless. Our room faced the street, but the noise was not a problem. Overall, we would go back and/or recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have stayed at this place twice. The first time I was very happy with it considering the good prices on the rooms and the great location. However, the second time did not go as well.
We were put in the Courtyard room which had no wifi and to get to the bathroom you had to walk outside. We asked the reception if another room was available and the man was rude but did give us another room. For budget accommodation i can deal with a bit of rudeness. However, there were mice in the new room. When I spoke to the man at reception about the issue he denied any knowledge of it, even though there were mice traps behind the heater.

If they have fixed the mice problem and you want cheap accomodation in a great location, I would recommend it

Room Tip: Not the Courtyard room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate1617
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

In the city centre! 10 min to Jardin du Luxemburg, 5 min to Notre Dame! In the very heart of Latin quartier! What more do you need in Paris? I stayed in a single room with shower inside. The toilet was in the corridor and one per floor (about 4 rooms). WiFi was in the hall only. From the window in my room I saw the street, not the yard, that was pleasure for me.

• Stayed: August 2012