See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I chose this hotel during a recent two-week tour of Europe largely because of its price, and also location. While I knew it wasn't going to be a Marriott, the online photos made it appear quite acceptable. What a mistake! The first problem was that they don't accept credit cards. That should have been a sign. Upon arrival, I found this place was in the worst condition of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Don't believe me. Check out the included photos. Mold, mildew, sloped floors, it was ridiculous. It looked like the proprietor tried to do the best they could with new paint, and the room was at least free of bugs, with clean linens. But you just can't adequately cover up years of neglect and poor construction. The location was great, but next time I'll spend the extra money and get a decent place to stay. Avoid this one at all costs.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 8 July 2017

It was like a nightmare to reach the room since it was in the fourth level and the building didn't have a lift. The stairs were narrow and we had difficulties to take our luggage to the room. No one is there to help you. The shower didn't work properly and we asked for another room they told us it's the same for all units. The room was so hot, humid, and smelly since there wasn't AC. The reception ripped us off. We gave them money and they didn't return the rest. Unfortunately, in France you need to be careful about your money. It was a very bad experience during our stay in Europe. I don't suggest it.

Room Tip: The hotel generally is terrible.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shabnam Y
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Pros: good location, cheap

Cons: shabby rooms, poor facilities, treacherous stair case, grubby showers, dilapidated building, terrible beds

One night stop here for the football in Paris. It served a purpose for one nights sleep but would not recommend this for anything more. Basically just a hostel with very poor facilities and very poor rooms.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, and I don't recommend it. The staff was rude--rude to the point where I was talking to the receptionist and she literally wouldn't acknowledge me. The rooms are tiny, and don't include toilets (although sinks and showers--also tiny, and I'm 5'1"--are in the rooms). There isn't an elevator, so I had to carry my bag up six flights of stairs and then go up and down whenever I came and went. And it's extremely loud!! I was woken up every time someone on my floor or the floor below went in or out of their rooms because you need to turn the lock a million time to lock/unlock it and it echoes through the entire hallway, plus the walls are paper thin. Also, no air conditioning and the wifi sucked.

The only reason I'm giving this three stars is due to the fact that it was the cheapest hotel I could find that wasn't a hostel in the area. It's an 8 minute walk to Norte Dame, 13 minutes to Rue Mouffetard (go here for amazing food), and the surrounding restaurants and cafes are really good. It was also relatively clean, but they don't clean it while you're there.

Anyway, I'm staying elsewhere in the Latin Quarter next time, even if it costs more.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I've stayed in some crappy places however this place takes 1st prize. We had booked a private room with shower. Reception was very unfriendly. The walk up the stair case was extremely narrow (i'm 5ft1 for reference) and difficult to navigate with luggage, the floorboards were slanting to one side and could feel some areas where it was just carpet and no hard surface underneath. The room was full of mould and dust. The shower over flowed in about 2min which meant you were standing in the drain filth. The window didn't shut properly so would let all the cold air in. Very poor lighting in the room, could feel every spring in the bed. Paper thin walls, could hear literally everything....Needless to say didn't sleep all night, moved to a different hostel the next day.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple