“Good if you're traveling on a budget” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Paris Bruxelles

Hotel Paris Bruxelles
Ranked #1,562 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Salem, Massachusetts
“Good if you're traveling on a budget”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Overall, this hotel was mediocre. My friend and I were just looking for an inexpensive hotel we could come back to at night after a long day of sightseeing. The staff are very friendly and our room was clean though we weren't told of some hidden costs when checking in, like the breakfast not being included. It was an extra 7 euro per person which is a high price for a small basket of bread and some coffee. I would recommend checking out a local pastry shop or cafe. On my next trip to Paris, I will definitely look for a different hotel in the area to stay at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kaitlyn A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My wife, 10yr old daughter and myself took a chance and chose to spend our 4 day visit to Paris here. I was a bit skeptical upon reading the various reviews however upon arrival we received a warm welcome from Zach at the front desk leaving us with a great first impression. The room was average size for European standards and shows some aging. The bathroom in our room was updated shower the shower cube is a bit snug however no issues with water pressure or temp. The location is great with easy access to the Republique Metro station...you can take the green line #9 without having to switch lines and visit several attractions at connecting stops. Zach was extremely helpful with mapping out several sites in relation to our hotel and was very helpful to me and my family.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank mikeerce
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January and found the hotel to be great value for money. The location is fantastic, right beside the metro and the five day metro pass was brilliant value too.

Our room was quite small but clean. The bathroom was possibly the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel with the tiniest shower cubicle ever.... You certainly wouldn't want to be tall. There was wifi available for a fee so we didn't bother with it.

The hotel was great value for money and I would probably stay here again as it was cheap and cheerful.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicola C
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights while touring Paris for our first time. Other than the small elevator, nothing really surprised us about this hotel based on past reviews we had read. We did put the "do not disturb" sign because we would have preferred they just leave our room alone, but every day we left and gave them our key, we came back to a cleaned room (nothing stolen or anything either though). The location really is nice, and if you're vacationing in Paris for more than a day or two, I really recommend getting around using the subway system (hotel is next door to the Republiqque stop). If we liked Paris more, we'd have no problem going back to Hotel Paris Bruxelle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian C
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The location of this hotel worked great for us during our visit. I bumped the rating up by one just for the prime location. It's in a vibrant area with lots of shops, restaurants, and a few theatres nearby. And more importantly, it's situated just across the street from the République metro stop. From there, you can get just about anywhere you want to visit in Paris. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, despite our limited French. One disappointment with the staff occurred as we were checking out. Aside from city tax and incidentals, we had a fully prepaid room through a travel service. As we were checking-out to meet our waiting taxi to the airport, we were told that it was not paid-in-full. I attempted to dispute it then, but to no avail. So, I had to use my credit card to pay for the "remaining balance". They were incorrect. Fortunately, they caught their error and the overcharge was credited back to my account by the time I got home.

As far as the room, we were in a double on the fifth floor overlooking the rue de Meslay. There was some street noise at night, but nothing that would keep you awake. We were there in April, so the room temperature was fine. But, there was no air conditioner, so a visit during the summer on the top floor would probably be uncomfortably hot. The bathroom was very small and in need of a good deep cleaning. The grout in the shower needed to be scrubbed with bleach and the vent covers were coated in dust. Otherwise, it sufficed for the basic needs. If you plan on spending a lot of time in your hotel room (but who does that in Paris?), this probably would not be the place for you. For us, it was what we needed because we were out the door by 9 AM and back around sunset to sleep.

Overall, if you know what you're getting before your visit and don't have the expectations of a 4/5 star hotel, this hotel will work.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel overlook the building next door (about 5-6 feet away). Besides not h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DFW_Happy_Travelers
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

For a two Star hotel it was quite ok. Well sized room, bath room very small but clean. The drain in the shower was unfortunately clogged. Great location and friendly staff. Simple but good breakfast with juice and coffee, a baguette and a croissant, jam and butter.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jaaljo
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on the hotel. I went there with my three sisters for my youngest sisters birthday. We arrived early and went to the hotel to ask if we could put our bags in storage until we could check in but the room was already ready.

The room was large, well lit and basic, we had a quad room so 2 double beds. There was still a bottle of water in the bin from the last guest but apart from that everything was clean, the beds seemed fresh.

The bathroom was very small I would imagine someone on the larger size would have trouble using the shower without knocking the doors open but for us size 10-12 it was ample. The shower was hot and powerful so again we were happy with that.
The only issue was that the bathroom door didn't close properly, which wasn't a problem for us because it closed over and you couldn't see round the bathroom door is someone was using it.

I found the bed quite comfortable but my sisters all said they found them to be too hard.

The lady working at reception in the evening was very friendly and helpful, the other staff weren't overly friendly but they weren't rude either.

The location was ideal as we wanted to see some sights and we were also walking distance from Oberkampf for a drink in the evening. We went to Chatelet to Cafe Oz on the last night which I would recommend to anyone looking for a lively evening, although the drinks are pretty expensive in there.

One thing I would check when booking is if you have prepaid City tax with the booking. We were charged for this as we left but I did think it was odd not to have been included with the cost of the hotel when we booked it.

Overall, I would use this hotel again if I was looking to stay in Paris on a budget. The location was great and the hotel was clean and simple.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family