“Best in Paris.”

Ranked #4 of 132 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The #1 destination in Paris for the wine lover. Award-winning wine bar, daily wine tasting classes, great Day trips to the Champagne region, Champagen Cruises on the Seine River... If you like to wine and you're in Paris, O Chateau is a must-do!
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Really friendly place. They made us feel quite at home here. The staff is excellent. Kevin our waiter was very helpful. Great wine bar and very good food.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We took part in this wine tasting event as it was part of our Paris Pass (a great deal too by the way). The Wine Tasting was about an hour in length and we got to sample some very nice wines and acquired some basic knowledge about what to look for in a good wine. My 16-year old son also tasted the wine (he spent a year in France so got accustomed to drinking some wine). They even let my 13-year old daughter have a taste, but as expected she did not like the taste at all. You could order some cheese to go along with the wine we were tasting but we declined this offer. Some groups ordered cheese and it looked very good. The room itself was very nice. The gentleman who ran the class had grown up around wine his whole life and was very familiar with all types of wines not just in France but all around. He certainly demonstrated his knowledge in that he could handles all questions given to him. He also did a good job of making the event light by throwing out a few jokes and some lighthearted jabs at some of the participants. Would definitely recommend this class. A great way to spend an hour relaxing as most of out other time was spent walking from one beautiful historic site to another.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We did the wine and cheese luncheon at O Chateau on our second day in Paris. I had originally planned to get up early and have a good breakfast before the scheduled tasting but things didn't work out that way. We were exhausted after the previous days traveling and sightseeing so we got a very late start and missed breakfast. We arrived at the tasting rested but hungry! I was nervous about the combination of wine and an empty stomach but I forged ahead. We were in the room located on the first floor which had a lovely atmosphere. Remi lead us through the process of wine selection and evaluation in a very personable and fun manner. The meat and cheese planks were more than enough to satisfy our hunger and they were perfectly paired with the wines being presented. I highly recommend O Chateau if you are spending time in Paris and want to learn more about wine in a very relaxing, fun, not intimidating manner.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I experienced a wine tasting at O-chateau with my boyfriend after seeing all the amazing reviews it had.
We were in Paris for New Years and considering we are wine lovers, we though it would be a fun and entertaining idea for one night. It was fantastic and exceeded our expectations!
The tasting was held in a 16th century wine cellar of Louis XVI, which already was very nice as an atmosphere!! It was about 25 people (mainly couples and families) and lasted about 2 hours. They served delicious bread and 6 glasses of red, white and champagne (all of which you could buy later) and the sommelier explained all the regions and wine processes. It was very fun and nice and he made it very friendly by including all the guest with each of us interacting and presenting ourselves.
I will definetely go back and would recommend the experience to everyone!!

1  Thank laurasiro
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We did a tasting as part of a well known package, and decided to have a cheese board between 2 not having had lunch and about to have a reasonable amount of alchohol. The cheese was delicious and a perfect range for the tasting of a dry white, medium rose, and medium/full bodied red.

The tasting session was unique. At first I wasn't sure of the idea of the 'conference style ice breaking ...... Hi I'm..... and I like wine'. However Charlotte, our sommelier was really knowledgeable and friendly, and I and my husband learned so much. French wines have always proved a mystery, but now I have a better idea of how to pick a French wine that I'll like.

There is no listing for the OChateau bar/restaurant on TA, and as it was so good I am including the review here.

I had booked us a table the following night for dinner, having read a great review by a food writer with an acclaim 'better than many parisienne restaurants'! When we arrived for dinner the menu was stark, rather than limited, and I think my husband thought I'd lost the plot! I had the simple tasting menu - each course accompanied by a chosen wine, and my husband just the 3 courses with a glass of champagne to start.

All 3 courses were close to that of a michelin 1 star restaurant, at a very reasonable price. Each course was layered with flavours, and the paired wines so perfectly complemented the food. Mouthwateringly delicious. Unfortunately I forget our sommelier's name but he was helpful, humourous and so pleasant, explaining how the wine worked with food, where it originated etc. He answered our questions, and asked Nicola the Chef to come over and explain the desserts.

A fabulous boutique bar/restaurant with a refreshingly different modern French ambiance and offering.