“Loved the cheese and wine pairings!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 114 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The #1 destination in Paris for the wine lover. Award-winning wine bar, daily wine tasting classes, great Day trips to the Champagne region, Champagen Cruises on the Seine River... If you like to wine and you're in Paris, O Chateau is a must-do!
Salt Lake City, Utah
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Loved the cheese and wine pairings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I chose this as an activity for our group of 6. Some of the group drink more wine than I so I was concerned this would be elementary to them, but we all surprisingly had a very good time and felt it well worth our time! We got our French Wine 101...and totally enjoyed the cheese and sausage pairings...it was all very tasty and fun. It actually was enjoyable sharing the experience with the others in the group that we did not know. I always wonder about that! We went on a Saturday morning and there were street markets along many of the streets.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Hollywood, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Day Trip to Champagne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

O Chateau was very friendly and professional when I called the day before to confirm. And they also sent me a confirmation email. Our guide, Pierre, picked us up at our hotel on time and drove us to the Champagne region. We visited Moet and two other family run wineries. We had a homemade lunch at one of the wineries. Through out the day, we tried 6 different glasses of champagne. It was a great tour, the food was great and you got to see a variety of wineries. The only draw back was that some of the information at each winery was repetitive.

1 Thank Liani L
California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Learned a lot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very nice room, right size group, very knowledgable sommelier who was also enjoyable. I have already recommended this to my friends.

Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Excellent introduction to French wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We decided to go for a one hour tasting as an introduction to French wines. I did not expect much but to my surprise our guide Richard was a mine of information, very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English with a Reunion accent:-)
His presentation contained a lot of information that was presented with a lot of humour making the time allocated go too fast.
I thoroughly recommend it and I would suggest that you order a cheese plate and a charcuterie plate when you book your tasting. Make sure that you book 24h in advance.(at least)

Geelong, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wine tasting trip to Champagne region”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

O Chateau offers a range of tasting experiences. We booked a small group day trip which promised pick up from our apartment at 7.30 am. It was expensive, but as it was for my birthday we felt it would be worth it. We waited outside in the cold for 45 min then inside for another 30 min - no phone call from them, and only a message bank on the number provided in our booking confirmation. Finally a call at 9.30 am, apologies, trouble with the van. We finally left Paris at 11, with two other couples, the driver, and guides Justan (English speaking) and Clare. The drive was pleasant, but due to the late start, we missed visiting Epernay and Haut Villiers - both of which we had been looking forward to. The two visits we made to small family owned domains on the Montaigne de Reims were excellent. We were taken for a walk through the vineyards, then treated to tastings with an excellent lunch at the first stop, and more tastings of a range of champagnes at the second stop. The owners were very generous with their time, their knowledge and their champagne. We were given a bottle of champagne (accepted) and offered a free tasting in Paris as compensation (declined, as we were interested in the sightseeing aspects rather than more tastings). We ended the day back in Paris happy with what we had experienced, but disappointed at the lack of communication which would have got the day off to a better start.

Visited May 2014