“Fun break from sightseeing!”

O Chateau - Wine Tasting
Ranked #4 of 135 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The #1 destination in Paris for the wine lover. Award-winning wine bar, daily wine tasting classes, great Day trips to the Champagne region, Champagen Cruises on the Seine River... If you like to wine and you're in Paris, O Chateau is a must-do!
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My niece and I did this as part of the Paris Pass. My niece is 19 so this was a great way for her to learn about wine and try some different types. We paid extra to get the cheese and meat platters. They were delicious and complemented the wine. The sommelier was funny and informative. The next time I'm in Paris I would definitely look into one of their other tastings.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The place is located at a far distance from other city attractions and is difficult to locate. The one hour session costs 30 euro and three different wines are given for tasting. The wines are regular and inexpensive, quantity being given for each wine is 30 ml only. Though the instructor demonstrates very well about the different concepts about wine such as types of wine, their characteristics, formulations, regions of fermentation in France, how to choose a wine, and consumption of the wine etc in commendable English. The theoretical part i.e. the instruction is ok, but tasting part lacks both in the quality and quantity. One should skip and purchase 3 bottles of standard French wine from the supermarket instead, as they are giving the minute quantity of the same wines for tasting.

4  Thank Jatin9030
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Due to circumstances beyond our control we were extremely late for the tasting.
Olivier was very gracious in welcoming us, apologising for our troubles and providing some of the wines we had missed.
Bought his books and wine map which will be very usefull.
Had a light dinner after the tasting which was very nice.
Deleted one star due to the obnoxious female waitress who wasnt going to let us into the tasting and carried that attitude on throughout our time there after the tasting.

1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I chose this as an activity for our group of 6. Some of the group drink more wine than I so I was concerned this would be elementary to them, but we all surprisingly had a very good time and felt it well worth our time! We got our French Wine 101...and totally enjoyed the cheese and sausage pairings...it was all very tasty and fun. It actually was enjoyable sharing the experience with the others in the group that we did not know. I always wonder about that! We went on a Saturday morning and there were street markets along many of the streets.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

O Chateau was very friendly and professional when I called the day before to confirm. And they also sent me a confirmation email. Our guide, Pierre, picked us up at our hotel on time and drove us to the Champagne region. We visited Moet and two other family run wineries. We had a homemade lunch at one of the wineries. Through out the day, we tried 6 different glasses of champagne. It was a great tour, the food was great and you got to see a variety of wineries. The only draw back was that some of the information at each winery was repetitive.

1  Thank Liani L