Hotel de la Tour Eiffel
US$347
US$283
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel WO - Wilson Opera(Paris)
US$185
Hotel Duo(Paris)
US$241
US$233
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewseiffel towerrue clergreat locationhear people walkingits close proximityhotel room was smallan easy minute walkeuropean standardsquiet streetthe hotel is cleanmajor siteshigher floordouble bedwould stay here againfifth floorstayed for nightsmetro stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went here last March with a friend. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes walk from Ecole Militaire Metro station. The moment you get out of the Metro station, take the street on the right, walk past a few oriental restos, then take the second street on the left which has a cheese shop and turn right again. The hotel is found in a rather quiet and small street along with few small hotels but it looks safe enough. The guy(s) manning the reception area are likeable and quick in checking guests in and you are given your hotel key that comes with a heavy keychain. It looks like a mini paperweight to me. Anyway, there's a lift (elevator) available next to the reception so you don't have to worry about taking the stairs. Our room is a double bed but a bit small although to it's credit, it's very clean and there's a functioning heater.
For travellers planning their first trip to Paris, I must warn you that unlike hotels in the UK, I'm afraid to say that tea and coffee making facilities are not a standard in a Parisian hotel room (fellow seasoned travellers, please correct me if I'm wrong in this) because when I stayed for the first time in a hotel near Port de Clichy, no electric kettle and teabags for my middle of the night tea drinking whims. I suppose this is to force any traveller to pop in to a cafe. For the budget conscious, if it can be helped, please bring a travel sized electric kettle and a few sachets of your tea bags/coffee/sugar/sweeteners.

There is a safe inside the closet beside the bed (two on both sides actually) which is good because I don't fancy bringing my passport and important documents with me at all times.
There is a very small shower and toilet cubicle. Towels are provided although the two miniature bars of soap and small sachets of shampoo (and no tube of toothpaste) seemed to be inadequate so I guess, I have to advice anyone to bring their own toiletries. At least the toilet is flushing well and the shower temperature isn't difficult to control.

As for location, it's very near the Eiffel tower and there are nearby goodies (cheese and chocolatier shops are nearby. Goody!!) as well as several restaurants and a few grocery stores which are very helpful for a traveller on a budget.

All in all, I think this is a reasonably priced hotel yet strategically located for the Eiffel tower for anyone planning a trip to Paris.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MJEscano
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few nights back in February and were happy with the hotel. The actual building is small but our room was fairly spacious and we had a nice balcony. It was clean, tastefully decorated and quiet. The bed was comfortable and spacious with lots of pillows.
We weren't there very much but it was nice to come back to late at night. Only rating it 4/5 because the receptionists were not always completely friendly and welcoming, but overall not bad.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ameliagyc
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January 2014 for my mother's 60th. Lovely hotel with 5 minutes walking distance to tower. Room was small which we expected but enough space for our things. Room was very clean. Shower was hot. Door lock was faulty which we reported and it got fixed straight away. Reception staff very nice and helpful. They recommend a small cafe up the road for breakfast. We got ripped off the first visit but I made sure we did not the second. It was pretty reasonable. Lovely little bakeries and places to eat not far from hotel. We stayed a weekend and two restaurants down from hotel was very noisy, there was also people vacating through the night which also kept me awake. Minor issues but overall hotel was lovely. Would come back.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Chic-sa
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights with my girlfriend. Room was tiny and I wish they provided better pillows, but otherwise I can't complain. Location was excellent, merely minutes away from the Eiffel Tower and the metro station. The staff were also somewhat friendly and quite helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel G
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I spent 2 nights at this hotel on january and it was just ok.

Advantages:

The location is nice. There are many options for having dinner, and supermarkets and some local store, although it's necessary to walk at about 10 minutes to the metro station;
Free wi-fi available;
The room and the bathroom are clean.
Safe neighborhood

Disadvantages:

The room was really small!! It's a bit sufocating.
No fridge
No breakfast
A bit expensive for what yout get

Tip: Go for a walk in Rue Cler. It's really nice!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple