“Quite Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,751 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
London
“Quite Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I was in a business trip in this hotel. I had a great time with my friends there. The food was good, rooms clean. The staff was very friendly and ready to help anytime. In overall this hotel is good for business travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Croydon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Absolutely disgusting! Odour of cigarettes everywhere, even in a hairdryer. Toilet dirty with brown and black pieces of something... when I asked for bleach to clean it, they gave me something mixed with water. Somebody's hair everywhere... I was scared to sleep there. No kettle in a room, when I asked for hot water, the man from the reception gave me half of glass only, which wasn’t even hot but warm and he was very rude. He warned me that he will not give us hot water any more. I couldn’t believe that the so called hotel exists in central Paris. Totally awful place to stay. If they paid me for staying there, I would never do.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Jutrzenka

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Paris- Rome in September, 2010 for ten days. I have never stayed at the worse hotel in my entire life and I have traveled extensively throughout the world. I heve also stayed in Paris at other hotels many times.
Specifically, the interior condition of hotel is horrible. The walls have cracks and paint is falling off. The furniture is in total state of disrepair. The hotel staff is rude, unresponsive, and untrained in servicing their quests. In our room, the cleaning was done only on the third day. It was done so poorly that you could hardly tell that the room was cleaned at all. The bed sheets were not changed. The only items that were replaced were the bath towels which frequently contain human hair. The breakfast hall would always open much later than scheduled Therefor, we occasionally had to miss the breakfast to make it to our scheduled tour excursions. In addition, the cleaning staff stole our digital book. After a considerable scandal and protests on our part. the book was returned under guise that we somehow misplaced. The only positive attribute of this hotel is its favorable location. However, there are tons of decent hotels in the center of Paris. Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel like a plague.
Vladimir. Brooklyn, NY, USA

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank racerru777
united Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

Hotel Paris Rome starts off promisingly enough with a piano in the reception area and friendly and helpful reception staff.

It goes down hill remarkably quickly when you enter the dark dingy and dirty corridors .
If I tell you that the first thing we did after dumping our bags in our rooms was to go out and try and find an alternative hotel , would that show you how poor we felt it was?

Upon our reluctant return to Paris Rome we investigated our rooms further. The peeling paint on walls and ceiling was nicely complimented by the battered door to the toilet/shower room, which itself was unable to be closed. The dark and dingy rooms illumination was not helped by having no light shade on the bare bulb. The 'phone
was dusty and not working. Upon taking our first shower I realised that the shower panel did not fit and was allowing water to flood the room. I replaced this myself.

The paper thin walls do allow you to listen to everyones toilet and bathroom activities to an amazing degree, so thin in fact I was kept awake by some distant guest snoring gently in the depths of this hotel. The skirting boards in our room hadn't been dusted for months. My wife cleaned off the long black hairs from the toilet walls and from out of the shower.

The "cleaners" do help with early morning calls though by helpfully emptying their wheelie bins early outside your rooms before dragging them off (noisily) somewhere else. Every corridor we encountered was dirty and unswept.
The room was "compact and bijou" to the point only one of us could get read to go out at a time, and my wifes joke was she could reach both the dusty wardrobe and the toliet without leaving the bed. Just as well really as there wasn't enough floor space for her get around in, despite it being a minscule 3/4 bed. We are both slim active people, but even we struggled to stay perched in this bed all night.

Plus points are as people have commented earlier, good location, towels changed daily, but its just not worth it. Many more hotels in this area at a slightly higher price.

We are not picky people, see my review of Hotel Arethusa, and we really don't expect something for nothing, but this place really is very poor.

Upon checking out we noticed the " official" rates for our room was 100 euros and our friends room was classed as 120 euros per night. Just not worth it.

Need anymore info contact me.
Happy travelling Paul Beckett

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grecophile262
Nanaimo,BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

We were recently on a trip to Rome, Venice and Paris with two friends and chose to stay at the Hotel Rome-Parisfor 3 night based on the photos and description we had seen of the hotel. Boy, were we mistaken. We had booked months earlier and yet they gave us rooms about as far apart as they could get and they were terrible. Our room was on the so called 6th floor which was just a room up tiny narrow steps with just a skylight for a window. Lucky for us it did open. There was no clock, barely any lights and the floor was dirty, so was the shower. There was one tiny closet with not one drawer in sight to put any clothes.

Now, I will say that of the two we had the best room! Our friends had nothing more than a box. It was also filthy and they even tried to clean it a little themselves. My husband refused to even have a cup of coffee there.

One thing positive is that it was in a fairly good location for the open top buses near the Opera.

We did try to get another hotel but everything was fully booked so we made up our mind to make the best of it and not let it spoil what had been a fantastic trip so far.

What amazes me is that with a bit of elbow grease it could have been quite a nice little hotel and without the dirt and the addition of a small chest of drawers it would have just been quirky instead of depressing.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Cathy1979
dublin,ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2008

Myself and 2 friends stayed here for 3 nights.We had booked a triple room but were given a double room and a single which was fine.The rooms are very basic .The cleaning person had left damp blankets on one bed which was careless. Very noisy plumbing system from other rooms. We found all the reception staff very pleasnt and helpful in arranging taxis to moulin rouge and to airport.The french people we met were cheerful and nice except a barman in The American Dream pub who was very rude.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — old bedding and carpets
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2008

Good location, close to Le Peletier metro stop.
I paid 60 euro/night for a room, these cheaper rooms seem not to be in the renovated part of the hotel (100+euro/night) and are a little bit shabby but perfectly clean. The room was swept, bed made and new towels left each day. Bathroom was clean and shower powerful and hot.
The reception staff were polite and helpful. I didn't have breakfast but there are plenty of cafes nearby to have a leisurely brunch. There is a little convenience store just around the corner, but I often took a wander (5 mins at my snail's pace - will take most people less!) up to Carrefour de Chateaudun where there is a Monoprix offering the usual supermarket selection and also some very tasty ready made salads, sandwiches, fruit salads, etc.
The only things I weren't too keen on at the hotel were the keys used (although it was safe enough) and thin walls, but you get that in many cities.
For a clean room in a good location, it represents a good value option.

Stayed October 2007, travelled solo