“Worth it if traveling solo”
Review of Paris Bar Crawl

and up
Paris Bar Crawl
Ranked #5 of 474 Nightlife in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Get free entry to five top Paris pubs, clubs and bars when you join the Paris Bar Crawl.free shots Drinks are expensive in Paris, so we are you will appreciate the five free shots, one free shot at each venue. Meet up with a friendly bunch of local Parisians, students and backpackers – all ready to meet new people and have a awesome time.
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This bar crawl seemed well-reviewed on Trip Advisor and I decided to book it to meet other people, as I was traveling alone. It was well worth it for this purpose, despite some negatives:

First, I would not say the hosts are particularly friendly or involved. I was hoping they would interact with us more and encourage people to get to know each other. This did not happen at all.

Second, the bars were very touristy, and in most of them, there really was not a deal other than the free shot.

However, for the positive aspects: the group was very diverse and even included some locals who seemed to attend the crawl frequently to practice their English. I love this - awesome to meet people from all over the world. In addition, I would not have been comfortable wandering all over by myself to find nightlife, so it was great to have a ready-made group.

Don't worry if you are not 20 years old. I am almost twice that age but I am friendly, outgoing, and I like to party, so I had a great time without feeling at all out of place.

I would do this again for sure.

3  Thank majesty318
Nicolas J, Owner at Paris Bar Crawl, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Majesty,

Thank you for your honest review and we will do our best to improve our service. However, we are happy also that you enjoyed the night with us. We are looking forward to have you again. Regards,

All reviews
in 55 reviews
"pigalle"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This makes it easy to meet new people in a single but varied night. Only 13 euros for 4 bars. Plus you get great drink savings and free shots. The guide, Marillia, seems to really enjoy what she's doing Look forward to going again!

6  Thank Adventurer741388

Hi, It's good to know that you had fun doing a bar crawl with us and finding it value for money. We are most happy to welcome you again. See you!

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Definitely the best Pub crawl in Paris! I was in the city for over a week so i decided to try this Pub Crawl which is highly recomended in Tripadvisor. At first i didnt know what to expect as i was going on this crawl solo.

Upon arrivng on the meeting place it was hard for me to miss out the Orange Umbrellas that the hosts are holding. This actually made me think of Marry poppins by the way. Our lovely host is very accomodating she took time to check if everyone was ok and it was epic as i met a lot of locals through the host and i dont feel very alone anymore.

The crawl happened in Pigale and I was really mystified by all of the bars and clubs that we visited. To top it off we have free entrance on these Top rated clubs with a free shot for each of the venue. The host was very lively and was never a bore. i really had so much fun. My supposed to be boring night has now magically transformed into a mystifying fun filled and crazilly awesome night with my new found friends. I would treasure that evening for the rest of my life. Our group even took a photo in front of the famous Moulin Rouge and we all had it as a souviner!!

I would definitely take this Pub Crawl again with my friends whenever ill visit paris again. See you soon again my friends!

6  Thank Ivann Rotsen A
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We booked this pub crawl for a small group visiting Paris for the weekend.

The trip started questionably, with our guides arriving late, and leaving us loitering outside the metro station hoping they were going to turn up.

Thankfully, they did .... and upon their belated arrival we were advised we would be visiting three bars and a club. We were informed that the free drink offer was only applicable if you buy a drink in each bar you are visiting (potentially best described as buy one get one free, as opposed to a free drink!) Unfortunately you could not choose what your "free" drink was and when it did arrive in the first bar it was a thimble sized blue shot. Having just about been able to stomach the glowing liquid our group's consensus was that it was more reminiscent of a serving of mouthwash as opposed to something we would have expected given the price of £15, a big beer for example!

The bars we visited appeared to be quieter options. The first one was pretty small and largely empty. When the crawl arrived it took ages to get a drink as the small bar was not set up to deal with the dramatic influx of customers.

I would also suggest that the crawl was not through the most picturesque or safest localities in Paris as we were led straight through a particularly dodgy looking red light district en route to the second bar.

At this point, having consumed a second shot at the second bar, this time an amber caramel tasting concoction we decided to depart the crawl and go our own way for the night. There had been minimal interaction with the guides and more attractive venues were close by so we left for the night.

Upon departing the second bar i do not think it is an exaggeration to say we were chased by the host of the night who was clearly livid at our early departure. Literally, she screamed "Come back here now" at out group in a very aggressive manner. She then demanded a full explanation as to our departure and went on a strong sales assualt for us to remain on the crawl night out. Potentially, she was under some sort of incentive for us to enter all the venues on the crawl but nevertheless the behaviour was bizarre and unprofessional.

All in all my thoughts are that your are charged £15 to go to the more unpopular bars and that each one seems to be offering only a mutil-coloured shot as a free drink. We did not experience much hosting from the guides and the behaviour at the end was nothing short of ludicrous. Should we return to Paris we would not opt to do the crawl but would instead make our own way round. Paris is not short of good venues and the crawl offered no value or entertainment.

Date of experience: October 2017
4  Thank Abigbeer
Nicolas J, Owner at Paris Bar Crawl, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

It's really sad to read your comment as our guides give their best every week end to party with our international crawlers.

When the guide spoke to you, I'm really sorry you thought she was screaming to you I can only assume this is a culture difference, in no way she wanted to be rude or force you to stay obviously. She just wanted to understand what was the issue to fix it and make you enjoy the rest of the night but we realise that sometimes culture can quite different, I can assure you that she was just trying to help you.

On that night we had 2 guides. One was at the meeting spot at 8h30 while the other one arrived at 8h35 and they had the orange umbrella so I'm surprise that you waited.

Regarding the shots you free shots in all the bars and you don't have to buy a drink to get it. It's FREE. Only in the club you have to get a drink first, but not in the bars

The bars we work with are great partners and they are used to welcome our groups of 100+ every friday and saturday. I am surprised that you had to wait since your group on friday was only 50 pax. We will investigate what happen because we care about our customers and want to make sure they don't wait too long to get their drinks.

The crawl takes place in Pigalle and we always take a group picture in front of the Moulin Rouge. This is what people enjoy the most because the area is very authentic and safe, we never had a problem.