“Perfect Location - Relaxed Atmosphere”
Review of Hotel de Suez

Hotel de Suez
Ranked #510 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
“Perfect Location - Relaxed Atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel deserves all the praise it has received previously. We were only in Paris for two nights/three days and this was the perfect place for us to stay as first time visitors. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff and they very kindly booked us a shuttle service to the airport when we left. This service was also great - dropping us right at the check in area. We were also able to store our luggage at the hotel after checking out. Breakfast was always warmly delivered and we felt very relaxed having breakfast there each morning. If we ever travel back to Paris we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reviewed 27 January 2014

On impulse with few days to spare I took my daughters to Paris for a few days and booked the rooms in Hotel Suez on Boulevard St Michel. What a great location!! Do get insist on road facing rooms as they have a balcony and you are quickly inundated with the Paris ambiance. The rooms are very small, but neat and clean. The lift is tiny!! I wouldn't bother with the breakfast.. to many great places just out around the corner. For a quick and hassle free stay in Paris in a great location that allows you five minutes walk the the latin quarter, 10 minutes to Notre Dame etc.. VERY WELL located, this hotel is ideal. It is not five star by any stretch but good value and perfect for a quick stay. Oh no hotel parking but many paid parkings close by!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael Y
Herriman, Utah, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I was finishing an around the world business trip and had a three-day layover in Paris. This was my first time to Paris, I was traveling solo, and knew little or nothing about finding my way around Paris or what I wanted to see.
I had never been to Paris, and the only French I spoke was " I'm sorry I do not speak French."
Hotel deSuez was friendly, accommodating, and patient with my lack of language skills from the moment I set foot in the door. The breakfast was perfect, the location was amazing, directions to the hotel were easy and convenient, it was quiet, clean, and exactly what a first time traveler to Paris needed to feel comfortable and confident. I was completely overwhelmed with the atmosphere of the hotel, and just how amazingly friendly the staff was for a first timer. I cannot wait to bring my family back to this hotel, and I look forward to another stay here at the hotel with my wife and daughter. When I pictured a solo trip to Paris, this is sort of what I had in mind, but I didn't really expect to find every one of my imagined expectations met so perfectly. Not only can I not recommend this hotel enough, I cannot thank the staff enough for making my first trip to Paris absolutely wonderful. It's funny, because as Americans, I think we often hear a lot about Paris being unfriendly. This could not be further from the truth at this hotel. The only negative thing about this hotel, is that the service and location were so good, that I don't think I will ever "experiment" and stay anywhere else when I visit Paris ever again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Jake B
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have sent just one night as a family. The reception was good and extending help. The room size was OK compared to other rooms in Paris. The hotel is well located to many activities; shops, Luxemburg gardens and many restaurants and coffee shops. The lift is way too small and pulling our luggage was a challenge through the very narrow corridors and stairs. It is still a very good value for money. We will go there again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mansi66
Durango, CO
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I booked this after reading the reviews and I wasn't disappointed. The location was unbeatable. The bed was really nice, especially after some of the other hotels we were at. Breakfast was descent. Wish they had a few more selections (fresh fruit or yogurt). After 21 days in Italy/France, I was a little tired of croissants! The accommodations were clean and our room was spacious. The staff was really nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DeannaCO
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We were given the recommendation by a family friend. We were a little bit skeptical as it was just a two star. All our doubts were put to rest once we got there.

The staff were vey friendly and accommodating. They even let us keep our baggage with tags inserted by them even after checking out as our train was leaving later in the night.

Ideal place if you want to see the whole of Paris. When you come to Paris there is no point in looking at the standard of the hotel as you will be out 90% of the time. Rooms are small, but big and clean enough for us to sleep and keep our luggage.

We missed on some things in paris as we were only there for 3 days. When we come back this is the place that we are going to stay again!

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Somiy
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

One of our family friends gave the recommendation to go to this. Remember if your visiting Paris, you'll rarely spend time in a hotel. Hence you only need a place to keep your luggage and also to sleep. This is ideal for that.
We were a little skeptical about coming here as it was a two star. But all our doubts were put to rest once we got there. The staff were friendly and helpful. Even on our last day they were nice enough to keep our luggage in their hotel with tags till the evening even though we had checked out.

The ideal location if you want to visit Paris. It's just walking distance from the notre dame cathedral. On the other side it's the metro which you can take to visit any place in Paris.

We missed two things to do on Paris as were there for only 3 days. So have to come back to Paris one day again to compete it and would be definitely coming to this place again for that!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple