“Friendly cosy stay in great location”

Hotel des Arts - Montmartre
Ranked #130 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly cosy stay in great location”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I really liked this affordable small hotel in a quiet street off a lively road with local bars and restaurants and close to the Metro. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable, decent bathroom, comfy bed, safe, tv and best of all free WiFi. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you can pay a bit more go for one with a bath and a view when booking.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Arts - Montmartre, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear guests,

Many thanks for your nice review.
I do hope you had a safe journey back home to England.
Do not hesitate to come back !It is less the 3 hours from London...and we offer good deals in March!
Rates on our OFFICIAL WEBSITE are cheaper then anywhere else- check and you will see the difference!
The entire team of Hotel des Arts wishes you all the best.
Kind regards from Paris.
See you soon in the Montmartre Village.

A.M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
The World
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights to celebrate her birthday. Great boutique hotel. Do not expect the same experience as a large chain hotel (Hilton, Marriott, Novotel, etc.). However, if you are looking to get off the beaten path and experience wonderful Parisian culture this is the place to do it. The rooms are smaller than the big chains but are very cozy for couples. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It almost felt more like staying in a friends home rather than a hotel. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The lift only goes to the fifth floor so, if you book a room on the top floor you will have to climb...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights and had a pleasant stay. The location is lovely with a great choice of cafés restaurants and bars close by and the hotel made some great recommendations for good and inexpensive places to eat. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay in Paris although would suggest opting for a room away from the lift as it was a little noisy and we backed onto it. Despite that, I liked the hotels character and the staff were fantastic.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Cape Town
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I spent three nights in this hotel. I loved every minute I spent in the hotel. The staff are really helpful and very friendly - it's makes such a difference to come back to a welcoming smile! The room was small, but not unusually so for this size hotel in Paris and it was very, very well laid out, nicely furnished and very clean. A big bonus is that the hotel has a free coffee, tea and snack station for guests to help themselves to from lunchtime until midnight every day (cool snacks!!). I did not book breakfast so I can't comment on it. The location is absolutely brilliant with Blanche Metro 5 minutes away. The walk to the metro is a treat as the street is so interesting in itself!! I always stay in this area and this is the nicest hotel, with best value for money that I have stayed in yet. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Wokingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is in a wonderful location in central Paris. The staff are wonderfully friendly. They speak excellent English, and yet make every effort to understand my Pidgin French. The hotel is very clean, nice and well decorated.

I do have a couple of minor points - my room was a little small and the breakfast isn't brilliant. Given how easy it is to get breakfast in cafes around the area, I wouldn't bother with breakfast next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank John A
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to Paris. The location is perfect - five minutes from a few different metro stations, right in the thick of things in Montmartre. The bed was very comfortable. However, the room was quite small, and so was the bathroom. There was just a small shower and no counter space. Unfortunately, we woke up to find we had no hot water on Saturday and the hot water wasn't restored until later that afternoon. The following morning, the water was lukewarm at best and went cold quickly. Furthermore, the walls are paper thin. We could hear every noise coming from any part of the hotel (including loud groups of people singing, playing music, and slamming doors) throughout the night and early in the morning. Neither one of us was able to sleep well at all (even given the really comfortable bed). The staff was polite and tried to be accommodating (they offered us free breakfast one morning because of the lack of hot water, and also said that we could shower at their sister hotel around the corner), but that really doesn't make up for the facilities. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily G
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Arts - Montmartre, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear guests,

I would like to post my comments regarding this last review.
I feel very sorry your stay with us did not match all your expectations.
It is true we had a problem that specific day with our boiler (during a few hours) and I would like to apologize here for any incovenience that might have been caused.
About noise being made by other guests,even if our night staff is doing its very best,we cannot control all unapropriate behaviours.
I do hope you had a safe journey back home to Belgium.
Kind regards from Montmartre.

A.M
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my partner and a small group of family members and friend for a short break in Paris. We found the hotel to be pleasantly decorated, clean and tidy. The reception staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming as were the staff in the dining area. Breakfast was ample with a good choice...croissants, buns, toast with a selection of jams, honey etc. fresh juice or water, a selection of teas and coffee, boiled eggs, cheeses, delicious crusty French bread and two choices of cereal. There is a nice little waiting/sitting area with daily newspapers and books. I cannot comment on the wifi as we did not use it. The bedrooms are smallish but there is plenty of room for a holiday stay, a safe is provided free of charge, beds are comfortable, extra blankets are provided but we found our room to be very warm so they were certainly not needed. The hotel is situated in an ideal spot for the Metro which is only about a 5 - 10 minutes walk away. We hope to return to Paris and when we do we would most definitely try and book this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends