Hotel des Arts - Montmartre
US$324
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
2,955 results
All reviewsmoulin rougerue tholozeabbesses metrotwo metro stationsspiral staircaselovely hotelcroissantsbreakfast roombars and restaurantstop floorgreat areabottle of champagneeiffel towerperfect locationno air conditioningsmall hoteltwin room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 3 nights break (23 - 26 May 2014). On arrival we were greeted by a lovely lady on reception who kindly booked us in. Unfortunately my request for a room on the 5th floor with a view over the roof tops and the Eifel Tower had not been passed to the hotel and we were booked into room 4 on the ground floor. No other rooms were available that night but she would try to move us the following morning. Room 4 was small but adequate and spotlessly clean, the same could be said about the bathroom. A nice selection of soaps etc were available along with clean white towels. The following morning we were able to move rooms to no43 on the fourth floor. This room was larger and had views over the roof tops, much nicer but no views of the Tower :o(. Both rooms were spotless and well decorated. Bathrooms were a bit small but again spotless with a nice hot shower. We had the breakfast option which is served in the basement. Breakfast is simple with bread, cheese, fruit and cereal but plenty of it served from 7 - 10.30.

The hotel is in a lovely position just above the Moulin Rogue up a small fairly step, but quite, cobbled street. The area offers plenty of restaurants, bars and shops with some delightful little food outlets selling anything from fish to pastries.

The Montmartre area offers plenty of night life such as Moulin Rouge with bars and night clubs, however some parts are a little seedy with sex shops and strip bars a plenty. We found a great bar called Café Oz Australian Bar near to the Metro directly in front of The Moulin Rouge.

The nearest Metro Station is Blanche (Blue line 2 - Porte Dauphine) right outside Moulin Rouge and just a 5 minute stroll.

All in all a great little hotel in a superb location with easy access to the Metro and the sites of Paris. I for one will be gong back.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms a little noisy, but okay. Rooms on top floors are quite with views over the roof tops
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was my 6th stay at this hotel and I will always stay in here when in Paris. Ive stayed in 4 other hotels in the area and none compare to hotel des arts It's the best hotel for location friendly staff and the rooms are clean and in great condition

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Emma F
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've been to Paris quite often but never stayed in Montmartre. I did some research before booking my 10-day stay here and I couldn't be more pleased. The hotel exceeded my expectations. I had a nice large room on the third floor overlooking rue Tholoze - a quiet side street on a dead end. The room was immaculate and the service fantastic. Juliette and the fron desk staff were alwqays so helpful and recommended interesting sites to see in and around the area. The all-you-can-eat breakfast for 12 euros was well worth the price (don't expect meat or eggs, except for boiled eggs)
Each room is named after a artist, writer, actor or singer. My room was named in honor of George Brassens - a famous song writer and guitarist.I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I always prefer a room facing the street. The windows here are sound proof.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We can't wait to return to Paris and we'd love to return to this charming hotel. All of the staff were friendly, helpful and kind and the hotel was lovely--so much personality. They really celebrate the neighborhood and I fell even more in love with the Montmartre this time.
We were glad we bought the romantic room package and enjoyed the robes, flowers, chocolates, French doors and lovely 4th floor rooms with a separate shower and large, very clean tub. I appreciate having a room 4 floors up so we could open the windows and enjoy the fresh air. A lower room might have more street noise but we enjoyed hearing sounds of a bustling neighborhood
Our room included breakfast and we enjoyed ours and also appreciated the ability to visit the room for tea and coffee and a croissant later in the afternoon.
Finally, what a great location. I enjoyed exploring the antique stores, luthiers and various other shops and museums nearby. And the metro is just a few blocks away.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

A splendid hotel in an excellent location. How nice to have a clock in the room! Just one of the little touches. Of course we had one of the expensive rooms with a view over the whole city right to the Eiffel Tower - fabulous when it sparkles after the hour. The only downer is the stuffy breakfast room in the basement, but that's understandable given the need to use every inch of a building in Paris. I'd recommend breakfasting out.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the Eiffel Tower - book direct with the hotel to be sure to get one of these.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple