“Good comfortable”

Ibis Budget Paris Nord 18eme
Ranked #1,559 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is now an Ibis Budget hotel not an Etap. It is situated near a busy junction of The Peripherique at Porte la Chapelle. Tricky to find, it is on a corner next door to a Novotel Hotel. Nearest Metro is Porte de la Chapelle which is the other side of the motorway junction. You have to walk underneath the motorway to reach the hotel. Hotel is clean, comfortable. A little basic but it's a basic hotel so you get what you pay for. The area is a bit rough especially late at night but we had no problems. If you don't mind a 5 minute walk and 20 minute metro ride to get into Paris centre it's fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2Mike2

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The hotel was very hard to find with the staff of other ibis hotels not even being able to send us in the right directions of the hotel, resulting in a 2 hour hike through Paris, looking for someone who was able to send us in the right directions. The staff could barely speak English, and have very poor customer service. The neighbourhood is rundown, with the buildings surrounding it half broken down. The price quota given to me through the website I booked with, was different to what they actually charged us. Regardless of the 'cheap' prices they advertise having, extra cost will be added on top, including tourist taxes per person, per day and additional cost of luggage storage and breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Non of the rooms have a good view, but the best view is at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

It is a nice hotel. Clean, modern. We found this hotel very hard because there are hotels with same name, differs only the street. The underground parking was too expensive for me. For 3 days I payed 50 euro. But I recommend to use this parking because there are robbers. The breakfast was good and you have what to eat, I also recommend the orange juice. In one night we had some problems with some neighbours who were very drunk and they were screaming, but after we talk with the receptionist was ok. I don't recommend to walk after 19:30. There are strange people and gangs and is scarry.

Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Alex M
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was reading the review and also the response from the hotel. Stop sending an automated, good and brilliant words as an excuse! Although I have not stayed at this hotel, I would not recommend to anyone. Get a human to explain and write in words for real to apologize and ensure the service will be improved.

Room Tip: Good Luck if you need to stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Clueless279
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We unfortunately got this hotel as part of a package, and after reading other reviews I did not hold high hopes. Getting off the metro, the hotel is very easy to find, but you do have to cross quite a dodgy motorway like road. We only had backpacks, so we were okay but I imagine running across this road might be challenging with greater luggage and with no proper crossing, a bit unsafe.
The people at reception did speak English, but the security guards were more limited. We had a bad experience as they changed the room codes on us, and we could not find anyone at reception to get in, which at 1am in the morning, I was not impressed. We knew other people staying at the hotel, and they told us that the codes had changed before we got to our rooms, so I asked reception for a new code before I went up to the 6th floor but he would not unless i went up and tried first. We went up, and the code did not work. We went back down and could not then find the receptionist for 30mins, I was pretty angry by the time he decided to wonder back in, the security guard trying to calm me down as i spoke in broken french to him to find the guy. He knew I was expecting the code not to work, but still decided to 'disappear' for a while.
I found the abrupt, demanding manner to be unfriendly and very hard to approach. The first day we did not have to check in for breakfast, the second day we did and they gave us annoyed tones as we wondered in without check. I am not sure what they expect if we were just following previous day. The continental food was average, but as part of the package it was within expectations. There is no safe and reception will not hold your valuables, and I did not feel comfortable leaving my valuables in the room, especially as any one could wonder in with the codes. I would probably recommend cheaper hostels more central, rather than here. But the room was clean, with comfy bunk-like beds and the shower was good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie E
boulch, General Manager at Ibis Budget Paris Nord 18eme, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us following your stay at ibis budget Paris Porte De La Chapelle.

We are sorry that our service and performance did not meet your expectations, and we would like to offer our sincerest apology.

ibis budget establishments are dedicated to offering you the best possible service for your stays and your opinion is very important to us.

The necessary measures are being taken to bring hotel performance to the level of quality defined in our Quality Charter.

We would like to thank you once again for your comments. Your input enables us to make improvements and continue to show our dedication to your loyalty.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Little dirty room ugly and the shared bathroom was the worst little and dirty the smell of urine . The price was good and close to the subway to get into Paris center,but nothing else. We do NOT recommend. Choose an other hotel at the same price.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Although spartan, the rooms are well maintained and comfortable. Breakfast was fine. and the staff are very helpful. The location is not ideal for walking as it is on the north side of the 'Periferique' motorway, and requires great care to cross a busy underpass.I would recommend using a taxi from La Chapelle metro. Taxis in general are ok, though we we were ripped off by one who did not zero his meter. It already was showing 9euros from his previous drop 30metres away! My fault for not immediately pointing this out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Stephen S

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to our questionnaire following your stay at ibis budget Paris Porte De La Chapelle.

ibis budget establishments are dedicated to offering you the best possible service for your stays, and your opinion is very important to us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon at one of our hotels.