“Hop off maybe, certainly not hop on!”
Review of Batobus

Ranked #74 of 560 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Batobus takes you to the heart of Paris, with stops at all of the main tourist sites, including the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre. With 9 stops on the route, Batobus shows you a different view of Paris and lets you travel around the city the way Parisians originally did.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I did go in August so probably fair to say I should have expected some queues, but waiting up to an hour for a boat on one occasion was ridiculous. I would have walked but my daughter wanted the ride and I suppose I didn't want to waste the money I had paid. Once on the boats, they were incredibly hot and packed.
Maybe out of peak season they are a good way to travel but for future visits I would get a metro pass and book on a boat trip to see the sights.

2  Thank djt1702
Write a ReviewReviews (1,906)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went to Paris 2 years ago but I know the Batobus value is the same today as then. We stayed at a hotel near the Eiffel Tower and would board the boat there and just tour up and down the Seine. We spent 15 euros each per day and we could get on and off as we wanted. Sometimes we did not get off!!! Loved the views and the ease of getting to the attractions. They are good at letting you know what attractions would be at that stop. A lovely way to enjoy the river and Paris.....Felt safe the entire time and did enjoy the families and locals ....alot use it to get to work I thinkand so there were alot of local people as well as tourist....

1  Thank Seward C
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Ok so this river boat is like a taxi on water. The thing I didn't like about the BatoBus is that it is a slow means of transportation. A lot of waiting on this. If you have a short amount of time in Paris and you want to see a lot then don't get this. I would suggest using one of the buses that tour the city.

1  Thank Jmoore102
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hop.on, hop-off boat on the Seine with a good frequency of departures and ideal number and location of stations.No nonsense and highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

...which I realize isn't saying much, but seriously, if you want to travel from the Hotel de Ville to the Musee D'Orsay or Eiffel Tower, wouldn't you rather do it from a boat, enjoying the sun, fresh air, and scenery, instead of underground? Of course this summer (2014) the Metro line that services these monuments is out of service, so that's not even an option. It's a mode of transport and a sightseeing activity all rolled up into one, so you don't waste a second. I bought the multi-day pass and was glad I did.

For the record, I find hop-on-hop-off bus tours totally annoying, but I liked the Batobus!