“Punaise (bed Bugs) made me itch” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabourg

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Cabourg
Ranked #1,613 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Punaise (bed Bugs) made me itch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

It wasn't until I started having itchy, erupting welts, that I looked on this site and discovered that others had experienced problems with bed bugs themselves. When I confronted the receptionist, he was polite and apologetic and found me another room--the bed of which was soiled with the feces of bedbugs around the foundation/box spring. They repeatedly sad that this was the first time they had this problem, a falsehood they repeated to another couple saying in the hotel a day after my own confrontation. It's a nice hotel for the price, but trust me, it isnt worth the itchy misery and need to decontaminate all of your things before returning home.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Marie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
limerick ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

came back to same hotel a year later and rooms and been renovated, bathrooms re-tiled and friendly staff, def a cheap and cheerful base if travelling around paris.

Room Tip: look for room with balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is in a great location, within 5mins walk to the nearest metro stations (Rome or Place de Clichy) A 40min stroll gets you to the Arc de Triomphe or in the other direction, Sacré-Coeur. We had breakfast during our stay which consisted of tea/coffee (as much as you can drink) french bread and croissants with butter, jam and chocolate spread. Our room (22) overlooked the courtyard and was clean and compact but had everything we needed for our 4 night stay, flatscreen TV although no English channels, a wardrobe with free safe and a lovely comfy bed. You could hear people coming and going but after a full days sightseeing we slept like logs. The en-suite was tiny but clean and there was hot water whenever we needed it, and fresh towels were left every day. There was also a hairdryer. The reception and restaurant staff were always very friendly and polite and doubled up as hotel cleaners :-) . All in all we had a really great first visit to Paris and will certainly return and hopefully stay at the same hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard would be quieter as the hotel is just off a busy road.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janet B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Waited 15 mins until the receptionist checked us in! No tea tray in bedroom. No hair dryer. Phone wasn't working. Pillow cover wasn't changed. Hair on floor. AND BED BUGS!!! Do not stay here with your kids. Not safe. Dirty. And you have to leave your room key at the front desk! The room should be at least clean. Will never stay here again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank MysteryGuest35

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

Hotel is in a very good location,5 minutes walk to Boulevard Clichy, 10 minutes to Gare Saint-Lazare, yes it's small but I was only in it to sleep - Paris is too good to stay in your hotel! It's clean,the front desk staff are very nice and polite and good location - what more could you want!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

very dirty, we sufered from bed bugs. we had blood stains on bed covers. The room was from the street and it was very noisy. The towels were dirty and they didnt chenge them.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank AnnaMJ186525
Paso Robles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

My friend and I stayed here for two nights on our first trip trip to Paris. We are not picky and we realize that you get what you pay for...but we did expect for the room to be clean at the least based on the reviews here. When I opened my bed I found a hair and there were stains and I don't know what on the pillow cases. The bathroom floor looked like it had not been mopped. Not filthy...but definitely not clean. The real disappointment was when we came back from being gone all day to find our room door left open. We purposedfully did not take any valuables with us on the trip but if we had, our room door was left ajar for anyone to enter. When I told the desk clerk about it in the morning, he only asked if anything had been taken which was completely not the point but the point was not important to him. The day desk clerks were actually pretty nice and helpful. The night clerk is rude and it's obvious that he doesn't like tourists and should be doing another job. On my last morning there I was using the computer in the lobbly and he made it a point to tell me how much is cost to use the internet which I found extremely rude. If I want to use the internet and pay for it, it is my perogative. I cannot recommend this hotel just for the fact that it was not clean. The area was OK. I would have preferred an area that appeared safer. It is also a noisy hotel. You can hear doors closing and people walking up and down the stairs which are very shabby.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends