“Small but nice”

Ranked #1,619 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Budapest, Hungary
“Small but nice”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

All in all I liked it. The rooms are average Parisian size, there was enough space to put our luggage next to the wall and we could still walk around. The bathroom was tiny, an overweight person might find it difficult to move around but for us it was perfectly fine. The view from the rooms is not spectacural but that was to be expected. We were on the fourth floor so we had a small balcony which came in handy since we are smokers. Another plus is that they cleaned every day and if you requested you got a fresh towel. The only problem I had was that due to size of the room there was only space for a double bed, and I had to sleep next to my friend, who tossed around, but that wasn't the hotels fault. :)
The staff is very friendly and helpful, they even smile when you wake them up at 3 am because you want to get back to your room. We had a problem with the credit card (my fault for not changing the limit LOL) so they offered us free breakfast if paid in cash plus we got WiFi for half the price.
Breakfast was good, they served coffee, orange juice, croissants and baugettes and the person in charge was very friendly and had a smile on his face every morning.
Regarding the location, it is a bit far from the city centre which is only a problem if you want to stay out late, but otherwise is convenient, there are two metro stations within 10 minutes. The "red light district" is pretty close, there are plenty of vendors and bars, even some night clubs (which we didn't go to), and you can take a walk up to the Sacre Coeur (takes a little time but definitely worth it) and explore Montmarte.
If you're going to Paris because you want to explore the city, it is a great choice, I can only recommend it since for our needs it was perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SaRaG01_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I just came back from this terrible hotel, i stayed for 5 nights. As others said you have to pay when you arrive and in case of an emergency they won't refund your money!!! I was tried from the first day of my arrival to cancel my last night of stay and ask them to refund my money but nothing happened. The money is more important than guest's comfort in this hotel. The night receptionist (karim) was veryyyy rude and impolite. At the day of my check out at 6am, i asked him to call a taxi for the airport, but he behaved very rude and told me i won't call, go in the middle of street and take a taxi, why you woke me up, and as i had a heavy suitcase i insisted him to call but he opened the door and put my suitcase outside and closed the door, he even insulted me. It was clear that he is not satisfy with his work, and hates travelers.
The hotel's stairs are very narrow and shabby. In each floor you have to walk 9-10 stairs to reach your room.
Room are very small, even for one person. I have to walk over my bed to reach the other side of room. There was no heater in room, no fridge and no phone.
Anyway staying in this hotel is totaly a waste of money.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Parisa1981

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Very small room, walls need painting, washroom looks newly renovated with modern sink, toilet , shower etc. but small again, when you sit on the toilet the wall is literally in your face!!
It wasnt a filthy place but not the cleanest, noticed some hairs on the sheets, checked for bedbugs but didnt see anything unusual and did not get any bites or marks . There is no thin sheet under the bed cover, had problems during the night , if i slept without the cover it was too cold and when i used the cover i woke up sweating. Came back to the room one day and door was left unlocked, nothing was taken though. You have to pay when you arrive not when you leave, they give u a chance to look at the room first. I asked what if something happens after a day or two and was told that if an emergency arose etc and we had to leave we would be refunded but who knows. Walls are paper thin, you can hear everything. Not sure about other 2 stars in Paris but i wouldnt recommend this place but again i heard all the hotels are small in Paris. Best part would be the location, very close to Rome station and the area outside the hotel is great with many shops, bistros, supermarkets etc .

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ParTime13
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This hotel smells smoke, in the halls, in the stairs, and in your room.
It stood on the hotels web page that there would be a fan in the ceiling, which was not the case. I had to have the window open, but the smoke came it, because the employers smoked in the backyard.

The location was nice, but it was too small for 6 nights. I told them on the 2nd day that I would leave earlier and if it was possible to get a refund for the two last nights, but that was not possible, but I guess this is nothing one can expect either. Thin walls made it easy to follow the conversations from the other rooms, but one should of course keep in mind that this is a low budget hotel. The lift was a life saver as I brought my stone collection (I was on a four month trip).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kiretudie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2012

It wasn't until I started having itchy, erupting welts, that I looked on this site and discovered that others had experienced problems with bed bugs themselves. When I confronted the receptionist, he was polite and apologetic and found me another room--the bed of which was soiled with the feces of bedbugs around the foundation/box spring. They repeatedly sad that this was the first time they had this problem, a falsehood they repeated to another couple saying in the hotel a day after my own confrontation. It's a nice hotel for the price, but trust me, it isnt worth the itchy misery and need to decontaminate all of your things before returning home.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Marie C
limerick ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2012

came back to same hotel a year later and rooms and been renovated, bathrooms re-tiled and friendly staff, def a cheap and cheerful base if travelling around paris.

Room Tip: look for room with balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is in a great location, within 5mins walk to the nearest metro stations (Rome or Place de Clichy) A 40min stroll gets you to the Arc de Triomphe or in the other direction, Sacré-Coeur. We had breakfast during our stay which consisted of tea/coffee (as much as you can drink) french bread and croissants with butter, jam and chocolate spread. Our room (22) overlooked the courtyard and was clean and compact but had everything we needed for our 4 night stay, flatscreen TV although no English channels, a wardrobe with free safe and a lovely comfy bed. You could hear people coming and going but after a full days sightseeing we slept like logs. The en-suite was tiny but clean and there was hot water whenever we needed it, and fresh towels were left every day. There was also a hairdryer. The reception and restaurant staff were always very friendly and polite and doubled up as hotel cleaners :-) . All in all we had a really great first visit to Paris and will certainly return and hopefully stay at the same hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard would be quieter as the hotel is just off a busy road.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple