“Alright budget hotel”
Review of Cabourg

Cabourg
Ranked #1,604 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The hotel was okay, reception wasn't all that friendly but manageble. The rooms were very dark painted in brown which made it look a little dated. We did have a very nice balcony overlooking the street. Bathroom was clean and nice the beds however were very hard for my comfort. Others might prefere harder beds. two metro stations in about 200 meters and close to place de clichy which is full of life. All in all fine and budgetproof.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank samstien

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed in Hotel de Cabourg for a long weekend for the marathon de Paris.
It was reasonable for €75 euro a night (€77 with tax). We didn't have breakfast but they did let us use their kettle for a pre run porridge - essential!
The staff were polite without being overly friendly, there was a lift and the bedrooms were small but perfectly adequate.
One small grumble was that we asked for a double room when in fact we got two single beds pushed together. That was manageable though.
In terms of location, it's a 15/20 minute walk through the beautiful Parc Monceau to the Arc de Triomphe and you can see the Sacre Coeur rising up in the other direction in Montmartre. Amazing.
Lots of bistros and eateries to choose from and even a market round the corner selling delicious looking cheese and meats, along with spices and some jewellery.
If I was looking for a practical hotel in a good location, I'd probably think of this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glittergal4091
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from the 14th February. First of all it was easy to access from Charles De Gaulle Airport, we got on line B from the airport to Gaud De Nord train station then got the metro from there to Rome station which took about 40 minutes altogether and only cost 9.50€ each, then it was a few minutes walk from here to the hotel. Check in was prompt and there is a lift or spiral staircase upto the rooms, we stayed in room 33, the room was fairly small but we had everything we needed, a double bed, wardrobe, safe, desk and private bathroom with towels which were changed daily. We noticed that the walls were thin, like mentioned in other reviews, but we did not find the hotel overly noisy, even when we had an early night on our first night. There was a Juliet balcony with a door/large window which opened fully, we found the room to be quite warm during the night. There was a small flat screen tv in the room but every channel was in French. We had breakfast one of the morning, it was simply French bread, croissants, butter, jam, chocolate spread, tea, coffee and orange juice and cost 6€ each per morning. We pre booked Disneyland tickets with the express shuttle before we arrived in Paris on the Disneyland website for £75 each for one day, the bus stop for the shuttle was about a 20-25 minute walk from the hotel and the bus took around 45 minutes to get to Disneyland from there.
The hotel is in a perfect location for exploring Paris, around the hotel is some fantastic restaurants, we tried the Lebanese restaurant which was a few doors down from the hotel and we tried a few sushi restaurants too which were delicious, there is also various shops and a late night supermarket nearby. Moulin Rouge is about an 8 minute walk away and the big Paris wheel is about 1.5 miles away. On our third day in Paris we walked from the hotel to the Eiffel Tower, it was around 2.5 mile away and took around 45minutes, when we arrived at he Eiffel Tower we queued for around 30 minutes to get our tickets and opted to take the stairs to the half way point since the queue for the lift was very long, it took about 10 minutes up the stairs to level 1 where we had a rest and then 10 minutes upto level 2, from this point you have to take the lift the rest of the way and we queued for around 45 minutes for this. Norte Dame was around 2.5 miles from the hotel, we were going to get a taxi but we were quoted 25€ which we thought was very expensive.
The staff at the hotel were pleasant, at the entrance to the hotel you have to be buzzed in by the reception and every time you left you had to leave your key at reception.
Overall we had a lovely time and I would recommend this hotel to a friend, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carly_bowles17
Reviewed 7 February 2013

All in all I liked it. The rooms are average Parisian size, there was enough space to put our luggage next to the wall and we could still walk around. The bathroom was tiny, an overweight person might find it difficult to move around but for us it was perfectly fine. The view from the rooms is not spectacural but that was to be expected. We were on the fourth floor so we had a small balcony which came in handy since we are smokers. Another plus is that they cleaned every day and if you requested you got a fresh towel. The only problem I had was that due to size of the room there was only space for a double bed, and I had to sleep next to my friend, who tossed around, but that wasn't the hotels fault. :)
The staff is very friendly and helpful, they even smile when you wake them up at 3 am because you want to get back to your room. We had a problem with the credit card (my fault for not changing the limit LOL) so they offered us free breakfast if paid in cash plus we got WiFi for half the price.
Breakfast was good, they served coffee, orange juice, croissants and baugettes and the person in charge was very friendly and had a smile on his face every morning.
Regarding the location, it is a bit far from the city centre which is only a problem if you want to stay out late, but otherwise is convenient, there are two metro stations within 10 minutes. The "red light district" is pretty close, there are plenty of vendors and bars, even some night clubs (which we didn't go to), and you can take a walk up to the Sacre Coeur (takes a little time but definitely worth it) and explore Montmarte.
If you're going to Paris because you want to explore the city, it is a great choice, I can only recommend it since for our needs it was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaRaG01_13
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I just came back from this terrible hotel, i stayed for 5 nights. As others said you have to pay when you arrive and in case of an emergency they won't refund your money!!! I was tried from the first day of my arrival to cancel my last night of stay and ask them to refund my money but nothing happened. The money is more important than guest's comfort in this hotel. The night receptionist (karim) was veryyyy rude and impolite. At the day of my check out at 6am, i asked him to call a taxi for the airport, but he behaved very rude and told me i won't call, go in the middle of street and take a taxi, why you woke me up, and as i had a heavy suitcase i insisted him to call but he opened the door and put my suitcase outside and closed the door, he even insulted me. It was clear that he is not satisfy with his work, and hates travelers.
The hotel's stairs are very narrow and shabby. In each floor you have to walk 9-10 stairs to reach your room.
Room are very small, even for one person. I have to walk over my bed to reach the other side of room. There was no heater in room, no fridge and no phone.
Anyway staying in this hotel is totaly a waste of money.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Parisa1981
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Very small room, walls need painting, washroom looks newly renovated with modern sink, toilet , shower etc. but small again, when you sit on the toilet the wall is literally in your face!!
It wasnt a filthy place but not the cleanest, noticed some hairs on the sheets, checked for bedbugs but didnt see anything unusual and did not get any bites or marks . There is no thin sheet under the bed cover, had problems during the night , if i slept without the cover it was too cold and when i used the cover i woke up sweating. Came back to the room one day and door was left unlocked, nothing was taken though. You have to pay when you arrive not when you leave, they give u a chance to look at the room first. I asked what if something happens after a day or two and was told that if an emergency arose etc and we had to leave we would be refunded but who knows. Walls are paper thin, you can hear everything. Not sure about other 2 stars in Paris but i wouldnt recommend this place but again i heard all the hotels are small in Paris. Best part would be the location, very close to Rome station and the area outside the hotel is great with many shops, bistros, supermarkets etc .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ParTime13
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This hotel smells smoke, in the halls, in the stairs, and in your room.
It stood on the hotels web page that there would be a fan in the ceiling, which was not the case. I had to have the window open, but the smoke came it, because the employers smoked in the backyard.

The location was nice, but it was too small for 6 nights. I told them on the 2nd day that I would leave earlier and if it was possible to get a refund for the two last nights, but that was not possible, but I guess this is nothing one can expect either. Thin walls made it easy to follow the conversations from the other rooms, but one should of course keep in mind that this is a low budget hotel. The lift was a life saver as I brought my stone collection (I was on a four month trip).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo