“Avoid if you can”
Review of Grand Hotel Amelot

Grand Hotel Amelot
Ranked #1,215 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Myself and a group of collegues attended a conference in Paris and booked in at the Grand Amelot. The rooms are decent, parts of the staff are competent and friendly (the cleaning staff in particular), but I can not recommend this hotel.

The bookings was mixed up and two of my collegues was issued rooms that was already occupied. Carpenters also started to work in one of our rooms the 3rd day of our stay, dismantling the door, cutting carpets and making a Grand Amelot mess. The price for the WiFi is steep, £1 / 30min is rather solid. Alternatively you can opt for £15 for a week.

The neighbourhood is quiet and good, generally a tolreable stay, but I won't be returning here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our 2 night stay was horrible.
On arrival the receptionist was unfriendly.
Our room contained 2 doubles although we had booked a king bed.
The bedspreads were stained with what looked like red wine or blood.
The bed was made so that the bottom sheet did not cover the rubber undersheet.
The bathroom (shower only) was tiny.
There was no shower cap and no toiletries, only a soap dispenser fixed to the wall.
We were woken at 4 a.m. by the TV alarm which had not been set to zero after the previous guest had left.
The furnishings are generally tired and the hotel is in need of modernisation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This hotel has a good position( in the Bastille zone which is really quiet), it's near the metro and there are a lot of shops, restaurants and supermarkets . The rooms are very cleaned and the beds are comfortable. About the breakfast service and the food are really good. Lovely staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank gary l
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Had a relaxing stay, beds comfortable, bathroom basic, very helpful gentleman on reception when we arrived. Continental breakfast for 7 Euros was basic and we had to pay full price for our 2 year olds breakfast. Would not take up the breakfast option again. Hotel in a good area

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have never been treated as bad, anywhere else I have stayed! The guy in the reception (according to him, he was the owner) was threatening to beat me up and threw me out of the hotel after having caused an ugly scene in the reception. All my belongings were gone from my room when I came back in the afternoon on the second day of my stay at the hotel, and I therefore went to the reception to ask what had happened. The guy was immediately yelling and being very aggressive and did not want to talk to me at all. After 10 minutes of ignoring me and reviewing video from a security camera, he came to the conclusion that nothing had been removed from my room. He was very aggressive and claimed that I was lying. He also made up a story that I had checked out of my room the same morning and told me to get out. It was impossible to reason with him, and finally I suggested that we should call the police to help with the matter. This made him even more angry... But then suddenly a cleaning lady showed up with a bag full of my things, which she handed to the guy. He then threw the bag at me and told me to take it and get out, even though I was supposed to stay one more night. I was rather chocked by this treatment and his general behavior and therefore asked if he could be serious and told him that maybe he owed me an apology for what had just happened. This made him even more angry and he came running out of the reception office to start a fight with me, threatening to 'finnish me in one second'! I then left the hotel and I will never go back. I later found out that I had only received some of my belongings. My toilet bag, and some things I had bought in Paris had been stolen. I didn't have time to report this to the police, but I wish I had. Now all I can do is express my deepest disappointment with this hotel and recommend everyone NOT to trust or stay at 'Grand Hotel Amelot', ever!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank tobias h
Frédéric S, Propriétaire at Grand Hotel Amelot, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Silence is the best answer.
You forget some great details, drugs alcohol and unfortunately still very bad attitude behavior during the fashion season.
For sécuritée the hotel we reject all who does not have a normal behavior.

Regards
management

Le silence est la meilleure réponse

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Excellent service and very close to all facilities, restaurants and Bastille square including metro lines. Only one negative is the traffic is rather loud since the hotel didn't seem to have double glazed windows, well, not in the room we had anyway. Lovely staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I had a superb experience at the Grand Hotel Amelot! Aside from providing a highly professional and experienced service, the manager and staff are exceptionally nice and friendly! The room I stayed in was quiet, comfortable and always kept very clean. The continental breakfasts are delicious, the price is quite reasonable and the location is safe and close to the center of beautiful Paris.

Room Tip: Ask if a room with a view of the Génie de la Liberté statue at Place de la Bastille is available.