Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
Free cancellation until 10/12/21
Hotels.com
US$120
Free cancellation until 11/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$117
Expedia.comUS$120
PricelineUS$123
eDreamsUS$123
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2016

The 5/5 rating does not mean five stars - it takes into account the price. My room was the single bed Parisienne and was roughly 70 euros per night. For this price, the hotel was really excellent. The bed was very comfortable (I've paid a lot more for worse beds), despite being a bit short. I'm short too so it didn't matter but a tall person might want a bit more room. The room itself was also small but you're not going to be there apart from sleeping really! And I did actually retire early on the first of my two nights and enjoyed a relaxing drink looking out over the balcony with the doors open. There was a good view of the Tour Montparnasse and you can also see most of the Eiffel Tower if you squeeze to the end of the balcony (not difficult). My room had air conditioning which was a must for the time of year, and a bathroom which was modern and with everything you'd need, including both a bath and shower (although bizarrely I was given two bottles of shampoo and no shower gel, no big deal as there was soap and I'm sure they'd have dealt with it if I'd asked). I'd have preferred a proper hairdryer to the one in the bathroom, and a mini-fridge would also have been nice, but again for the price this won't count against it. All of the staff were lovely and friendly; they made me feel welcome and my stay pleasant. The location is excellent with easy links to both airports and central Paris. I'm sure that I will return one day to the Hotel du Lion. Merci beaucoup!

Room tip: Go for air-conditioned rooms. The Parisienne view is not essential but I was there for tourism so it was nice.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I choose this hotel due to the easy connection with Charles de Gaule Airport by the RER. It was very convenient and from there we could take the metro the next day and be in Paris Tour Eiffel in less than 30 minutes from the hotel. Very convenient and a point of communication. Good looking from the room with terrace since you are at an intersection of avenues. Quite nice brasserie and bistro not far. It was during the semi-final against Germany....
The inconvenience was the ground floor to the lobby reception which is on the 1st floor by the narrow staircases in L shape.. with an heavy luggage of 25 kilos, not easy... but the reception helped us 2 times when check-in and leaving. It was 3 nights. No doubt we will come back here because of the service and the location.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Very nice boutique hotel in a great location with the Metro just right outside. A few points:
- nice cafes just outside
- conveniently located
- walking distance to a lot of popular sites
- safe neighbourhood
- typically small European rooms
- not accessible for those with wheelchairs/walkers
- breakfast room for 10E
- friendly staff

Room tip: Ask for the upper floors. The lower rooms are more susceptible to street noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2016

My main reason for staying at this hotel is location. It is not in the absolute center but there are great communication choices right outside. The hotel itself is not for people with bad legs since there is a staircase up to reception. My room, which I shared with a friend, was very small so be good friends or much in love. At least I saw the Eiffel tower from there. Breakfast included, and it is good for the price. No hot food.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

We had a small but nice room in this hotel. The location was perfect for us. We stayed on the 6th floor and the view was really awesome. We could even see the Eifel tower at night from our window! The breakfast was a little bit expensive but you can find "boulangerie" just in front of the hotel with real French croissants. Receptionists were nice and friendly, always ready to answer all your questions!

Trip type: Travelled on business