“Very nice stay, close to the exhibition centre.”

Hotel Porte de Versailles
Ranked #1,102 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I meant to write this review a while ago, the exhibition was last June! I had a really good time and was given a nice room on the third floor, which appeared bigger than the average but was facing the main road. There are rooms facing the back and another portion of the hotel in a separate building further back, that must be nice and quiet.
The staff was really nice, fantastically helpful and I would have no issues recommending anyone to stay there. It is 10 minutes walks to the exhibition centre, there is a metro stop outside, and loads of lovely little restaurants not far away either where you get a 3 course meal for 30-35 euro. Very pleasant stay, thanks again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Yann1

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Came home yesterday from staying here and enjoyed it. Many of the reviews on here say the rooms are tiny but I think that's an exaggeration. We had a twin room and although it was on the small side we had plenty of room to move around and get away from each other if need be. Considering the low price we paid for the hotel and it is Paris known for smaller rooms it was a great place to put your head down in between days of exploring! The beds were comfy and everything was clean!

Breakfast was 13 euros per person per day which some may consider steep but it is help yourself and all you can eat. We only ate the hotel breakfast on our last morning but before this the staff have no problem in you bringing your own food in to eat in the beautiful courtyard. There is a bakery (closed weekends) just down the road and a supermarket about 5 mins walk away.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They all speak French and English although we had a little difficulty with our regional Bristol accents on occasion. They were willing to make restaurant reservations and recommend places to eat.

The hotel is about a 5-10 min walk to Balard metro station depending on the entrance you use and service runs every few minutes. We didn't wait longer than 5 mins for a train!

I would definitely return to this hotel if I come back to Paris and I would recommend it to others. Although it's more on the outskirts the tube takes no time at all to get where you want an it was a lovely peaceful nights sleep. Couldn't even hear the overground train run in right past the front of the hotel!

2  Thank Razzers
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I was amazed. I did not have high expectations, but from the minute I entered the hotel I was greeted very well! The rooms were small, but considering Paris, the size was just what you need. Rooms were also very well cleaned.
The hotel is also right next to the metro and tram, which gives you access to all of Paris, at a very low price. Are you uncertain on how to get somewhere? Do not fret! The staff will go out of their way to help you find what you are looking for!
There also was a person behind the front desk (sadly, I did not get his name), whom I would like to point out as one of the most helpful persons I have ever met at a hotel. He also aloud us to buy food at an local supermarket, and have a picknick in the very nice backyard of the hotel, at no extra charge.

You get a great experience at a very low price at this hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eleetor
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the staff at this hotel. I have never encountered a more friendly, informed, and helpful staff, even at 4 and 5 star hotels. In particular, I would like to mention Hassan, Saleem and Natasha, who made my solo business trip far more comfortable and enjoyable than I could have imagined. They really went out of their way to make me feel at home and I am very grateful to them for their wisdom, professionalism and great personalities.

The hotel is clean, with unique rooms (I saw a couple aside from my own) which have more space than the typical Parisian hotel. It is conveniently located between 2 metro stops and the tram (one tram ride and one train away from Charles de Gaulle airport, much more convenient than hotels in the center of Paris). There are also several restaurants and cafes open late for a meal or drink.

I happened to stay here because I needed to be close to the exhibition center, but I will be sure to return whenever I go to Paris, as the ride on the metro to the center is worth staying in a hotel where I feel well taken care of. I cannot applaud the staff enough!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Staid here for visit to Retromobile which was at the exhibition cetre to which the hotel is ideally placed. Rooms fine but expect small bath that functions as shower base. Staff very good multilingual serving willingly 24hrs. No evening meals served but plenty of restruants locally. Breakfast €13 so ate at local bakery. Does the job no frills clean and welcoming.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I'm in Paris a lot for business and my usual preferred hotel was full so I was allocated this one by my company and I was pleasantly surprised as hotels in Paris are often not all that they should be.

The hotel is well located for the metro (and my office), clean and the room I had was of a good size. It faced the street but was not overly noisy. The staff are friendly and helpful.

I'd stay here again, no problem

Room Tip: there is a supermarket and resturants close by which balances out the no room service
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business