“Fantastic stay. ”

Ranked #301 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay. ”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I must say I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor but decided to book anyway as my trip was a last minute break from the 28th of February to the 2nd of March 2014.

We stayed in a deluxe room. Design was stylish, clean, modern and over all I was extremely happy with it. The rooms were of decent size and felt comfortable and cosy.

Booking accommodation for myself and my partner who is also a male can sometimes be a bit daunting.. but the staff member we checked in with was an extremely friendly and informative gentleman, in fact all 4 front desk staff members I met were very pleasant, the type of thing that really does make a difference. The included wifi was also handy in finding sights for the next day on the Hotels app we downloaded.

The hotel was also in very close relation to 2 metro stations as specified on their website, and in fact not more than about 40 minutes walk away from some of the great sights Paris has to offer.

I did not purchase breakfast as we preferred to find other local locations.

Undoubtably one of the nicest hotel breaks I've had due to it's comfort and staff.

Is strongly recommend!

Thanks you!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SJQuayle
Hôtel G, Responsable Hébergement - Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

A warm thank you for taking the time to write your nice comment regarding your stay at Hotel Gabriel Paris.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and that our app was helpful.
We are always happy to welcome our guests in the best possible atmosphere and to ensure they have a wonderful stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you for your next Parisian stay.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Eenrum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Gabriel in 2011 (see my review) and it was rather a wow-experience - the second time around last weekend was still good but less wow.

We chose this hotel (then and now) for its modern, sleek, light look and the ingeneous pod-like spaceship-ish rooms, just like advertised on the designhotels.com website. Much to our surprise, when we came in, we noticed that the lobby was recently filled with ebony-coloured furniture and an abundance of dark accessoiries. Filled being the operative word - an entire shop-full of furniture crammed in the lobby. Mind you - not ugly furniture, it was all great boudoir-style stuff, but because they kept the white science fiction counter, it combines two styles that are simply impossible to combine and that gives the hotel a strange and little "off" appearance. If you're going for the sleek modern style a la the Seven or Kube hotels (also in Paris), this is no longer it.

Even though the rooms didn't change as much as the lobby, our room had a few extra accessoiries and ill-matching paintings that negatively impact the initial great clean stylish appearance of the original design. Several covers of lighting strips were loose and on the floor, the shower curtain (which is a little impractical and behind the times thing anyway for a hotel) had a little mold, the bed had big chunks of veneer missing, the iPod dock isn't compatible with current iPod/iPhone devices and there was that overall sort of 'worn' look.

That said, we only paid EUR 160 for a 'glowing' room, which is great for Parisian standards, even more so in combination with a lot of positive things that, despite the above, we haven't lost sight of:
- the location is wonderful (very close to the subway, to lots of Vélib' stands and to indoor parking Alhambra);
- the staff is beyond helpful (when we arrived parking Alhambra was full and the guy at reception, without even knowing we were guests, went out of his way to give and print directions to a different parking and to explain where else we could park - thank you);
- the rooms are cleverly designed and especially the deluxe/glowing rooms are very decent sized for Parisian standards;
- quiet street, but even if it's not, the insulation is very good, I usually need earplugs in Paris but not at the Gabriel;
- the street feels safe and comfortable;
- apples on the bed is a nice touch;
- it's getting increasingly difficult to find a hotel that offers twin beds, and this one does;
- they're good-sized and the best beds I've slept on in Paris;
- breakfast was good, the food was obviously not taken out of plastic three minutes before like in so many other hotels, there were lots of fresh things and the woman taking car of the breakfast bar was friendly and fast;
- the hotel (room, hallways, lobby) was very clean;
- out bathroom was very spacious;
- I love the fact that the management takes the time to read Tripadvisor reviews;
- small details (like their wonderful own tableware and the cool napkins, and the attentive and attractively designed mini-guide to the neighbourhood) do make a difference;
- wifi worked like a charm (be aware that one wifi code works on whatever device you have, but only on one at a time);
- check-in and check-out were very friendly and very fast.

The deluxe room, or at least ours, only have a tub, not a shower, which to us is strange and inconvenient - there was a shower head on a chord you can pull out of the side of the tub, but that is less than a meter long and the other person would have to hold that up and spray you with it to give you somewhat of a shower. Might not be a big deal for some people, but just thought it's worth mentioning.

For this price, this is still one of the best Parisian hotels to stay at and in certain areas they easily outdo many similarly and higher prices hotels! We'd definitely go again, but just with slightly adjusted expectations.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChantalvanderEnde
Hôtel G, Responsable Hébergement - Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very detailed comment on your Parisian stay at Hotel Gabriel Paris.

We have indeed completely remodeled our lobby and breakfast area in order to offer our guests a more cosy and poetic ambiance filled with antiques as well as a very "British club" lounge area to sit and relax while helping yourself to the Honesty Bar.

We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your Glowing room with its confy bathroom and relaxing bathtub.

We thank you for your remarks concerning things we could improve and have taken the necessary actions.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I am very disapointed by his hotel....Why don;t you put in front of your hotel or into your website that you don;t accept children?i am traing to make a reservation at your hotel and it is impossible to take my 4 years old boy!
It;s a pitty, becuase i really red things quaite good about you!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank golovatii a
Hôtel G, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Madam,

We thank you for choosing Hotel Gabriel Paris for your next Parisian stay.

We are very sorry to hear that your booking experience did not go as you expected. We regret that you did not give us a chance to clarify this misunderstanding before posting your comment on Tripadvisor.
We would be more than happy to assist you. Please contact the hotel directly at info@gabrielparis.com.

For your information, we do accept young children in our Glowing rooms, in which we can place a baby cot free of charge if asked for.

Please believe that we always do our utmost to ensure our guests have a wonderful Gabriel experience and we sure hope that we can make your experience with us memorable.

Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel Gabriel Paris, we stay at your disposal should you have any further requirements.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I arrived at the hotel late after a busy day in Paris for business. I purposely booked a more luxurious, but small, hotel in a bid to have a little sanctuary at the end of the day. If only to rest for a few hours.
Hotel Gabriel was just perfect. Beautiful hotel - with such clever and comfortable use of space - friendly and helpful staff and the best nights sleep ever. Breakfast was great too. I wll definitely return to Hotel Gabriel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hôtel G, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Our team appreciates you taking the time to share your stay at Hotel Gabriel.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and we are very pleased that your room and breakfast met your expectations.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Toulouse, France
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I booked one night at this hotel based on the comments on tripadvisor and I am happy with my stay.
My goal was to be closed to République and get an easy access to public transportation. Less than 5 minutes walk from the subway.
The hotel is nice, clean and quiet.
They have a 24h reception with friendly people to welcome you.
Indeed the room are tiny but very well organised. I liked it very much. The bathroom is cool, nice lights, and you can plug your ipod.
Bed is comfortable and quiet which is perfect for a good rest.
I was in a deluxe room.
Breakfast is automatically included. And I have to say that it was really delicious. The croissants and other viennoiseries were just fresh from the morning and tasted great. I ate 3 ahahah For tea drinkers well great news they have real tea to offer. Not the usual crap. And you can prepare your own eggs à la coque. Really it was a pleasure to start the day.
I went for a business trip and I will stay here again if I get the opportunity.
FYI just around the corner there is a very nice Korean restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Happy_Mag
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your Parisian experience at Hotel Gabriel.

Our team is grateful for your very nice comments regarding your stay and we were pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and organic continental breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you again and send you our kindest regards.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is a 3 star hotel, no better, no worse. This was my tenth visit to Paris and I wanted to try a different hotel for a good price. I chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews. I am not sure if the reviews were made by travelers who are not very experienced or if they simply don't have the same standards that I do. We booked the "Glowing" Room, which basically means that it is a room the size of my closet at home, with a device on one side of the bed that plays whale sounds and glows orange. Great. The bed was not the double we were promised, but two very uncomfortable twin beds pushed together. While the bathroom was generously sized (and basically the same size as the bedroom), there was not one shelf, drawer or place to put anything. We had to move a stool in there so I could have a place for my toiletries and makeup. Although there was a giant tub, there was only a handheld shower that had a short cord that was not tall enough for me to hold over my head (I am only 5'3). The "breakfast buffet" was bread, jam, boiled eggs (that you had to make yourself) packaged cheese and yogurt. Not exactly a buffet. I don't mean to sound like a snob, if you are looking for value, then this is definitely an option. It is very clean. However, it is in the outermost outskirts of what could possibly be considered the Marais, and is actually on the edge of what could best be described as a "sketchy" neighborhood. Paris is a wonderful city with many hotel options, you can simply do MUCH better elsewhere. Keep looking and keep in mind that not all travelers have the same standards.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lauren m
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your Parisian experience with us.

We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations.

We would like to clarify that the hotel is located in the Haut-Marais, just minutes away from the heart of the Marais and right near to the trendy Place de la République and rue Oberkampf.

The size of the Glowing room (25 square meters) is quite typical of Parisian 1930's buildings like ours.

We regret that you did not enjoy our organic continental breakfast and its extensive choice of breads and viennoiseries, madeleines, chocolate chip cake, jam, butter, nutella, cheeses and yogurts, cereal, fresh fruits, dried fruits and fruit salad, eggs, fresh orange or grapefruit juice, coffee, tea or hot chocolate.

We were also very surprised to read that you did not enjoy the Night Cove that was set up in your room as many of our guests have given us great feedback on the quality of their sleep when using it.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future to change your mind and have the true Gabriel experience.

Holon, Israel
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We found the hotel very clean and quiet with warm feeling. Our room (deluxe) was not big but very beautiful and functional and had everthying a couple needs.
The service was very good and so was the breakfest.
Please try to avoid ordering taxi with a reservation (cost us almost 90 euros!!). Try catch a cab outside of the hotel in Republique avenue (1 min walk. Should cost half..). Metro is also not friendly for big and heavy suitcases (A lot of stairs).

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lironmid
Hôtel G, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for sharing your impressions on your Parisian stay at Hotel Gabriel.
Our team is pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and continental breakfast.

Thank you for your warning regarding taxi prices.
Although we do no have any control over this, it is important for us to be able to provide the very best Gabriel experience for our guests, without any bad surprises !

We certainly hope this did not impair yours and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Your sincerely,