“Not on most tourists' lists” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #167 of 1,085 things to do in Paris
Savannah, Georgia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Not on most tourists' lists”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

The reason to come to this fine place is your interest in photography; otherwise, it's probably not going to be on your list of sites to see in Paris. Lines of folk waiting to enter are often long -- a good sign. The entry fee is quite reasonable. Check ahead, to make sure that the current exhibit is one that you'd enjoy. A very short two-minute walk from the Metro St. Paul, on the wonderful Number One line.

Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
Oakland, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice space, but pass if the line is long”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

This would probably be a five-star review if I'd visited during a different exhibition. I've always been indifferent to Sebastião Salgado, and this place didn't convert me.

All the same, I'm glad I visited and I would go again. The work was well presented, and I enjoyed enough of what I saw that the experience was worthwhile. They've had interesting exhibitions in the past, and I like that nearly the entire space is used for a single exhibition at a time. And it's beautiful. They did a great job when they renovated it for use as an art space, retaining the building's original character as they integrated sleek hallways and gallery walls.

I also appreciated visiting what felt like a locals' museum - if you're looking to take your trip beyond the major attractions, this is an interesting option.

Visited October 2013
Adelaide, Australia
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 332 helpful votes
“Sebastio Salgado exhibit on now”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

The other reviews of this photography exhibition centre seem to give it a bit of a thumbs down and I can't comment on what show they saw, but if you are in Paris while the Sebastio Salgardo show "Genesis" is on hereof would be crazy to miss it! a wonderful show! years in the making from one of the true masters.
Do not miss..

Visited September 2013
Brookline, Massachusetts
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Not bad but didn't knock my socks off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

As a person taking photos all the time, I expected to enjoy this more. They had some nice stuff, but I wasn't floored by it. Also, in some parts of the museum, art was hung without much of a title or explanation.
Last, and this isn't really the museum's fault, but their ac broke due to the extreme heat that's going on here, and they had little aircondioners and dehumidifiers in the corners of each room. I only found it cool directly in front of them. Maybe the heat made me enjoy this place a little less than I usually would.

Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
193 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 280 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I will say up front that I am into old school photography of people, places, etc. So I was disappointed that there was a fair amount of avant garde material. I guess it is all about personal taste. The "old school" material that they did have was really excellent. Your mileage will vary depending on what special exhibits they have and your interests.

Visited June 2013