“Great location”

Hotel Splendor Elysees
Ranked #994 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Great location”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We were there for several days, as a vacation. Hotel is located perfectly to explore and visit the city for certain period of time. Everything is almost on walking distance. Rooms are comfortable, and hotel has the story, with all this magical parts etc

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grenoble, France
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel hadn't been opened very long - probably one month when I stayed there. The rooms are clean, the quality of the linens very good ! I was told that the owner is a woman. You could tell that she paid special attention to the quality of the prestations. There is a Nespresso coffee maker in the room for coffee in the morning, a small mini bar (not free but not extremely expensive either). The rooms are not huge but they are nicely done. The bathroom is great, the shower is big and great ! There is also a real hair dryer in the room, versus one of those hose hair dryers that blow a puff of air. There is also a plug in the bathroom to plug in the hair dryer (a bit rare here in France). I stayed in room 22 which was in the front of the hotel on the street side. The glass in the windows are double vitrage (double paned) I couldn't hear any noise at all.

There is a small epicerie (grocery store), just across the street from the hotel, which stays open late. Here you can find anything you need, fruit, cheese, drinks. The hotel is located within a 15 min walk from the Arch de Triomph..or there are a few metros closer to the hotel. I chose to walk versus taking the metro most of the time.

The elevator is very small, even for French standards. I am not a big person..so it was me and my small weekend bag that fit inside the elevator. Maybe one more person could have fit but we would have been very good friends when we left the elevator :).

The computer in the lobby is a MAC. - very nice ! The breakfast was 18 Euros, I chose to walk to a nearby cafe and have a coffee and a baguette with butter and jam for 5 Euros. Here's where the grocery store across the street comes in handy.

The price I got was 135, 00 Euros per night via Booking.com. All in all, it was worth the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aleta T
Bucharest
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was among the very first people who were clients of this hotel, opened at the beginning of October 2013. It's not a regular joint (pardon my French) with cockroaches rumbling under the Louis XV furniture (metaphor), but more of a business-to-boutique hotel, with pretty high(er) standards. Including hygiene and comfort/space - paramount to me, at least. OK, let's try to sort'em all out... Location - very good, in a nice neighborhood (unwanted rhyme). An area a stone-throw away from L'Etoile/L'Arc de Triomphe, right off Parc Monceau. Surrounded by not very many, but just enough various shops and businesses - from cafe's (with amazing dishes, pastries & al. in the window) and restaurants to pharmacies and yoga clubs. Also pretty close (10' walking) to rue Poncelet - a small piece of heaven in terms all savories, ethnic influences, spices and aromas. One more thing - right across the hotel, there is a small grocery shop with extended daily schedule (yet not 24 hrs/24!)... and a hairdresser. :) Again, excellent location. The interiors of the building are well, Parisian-like. Read pretty tiny. The elevator is supposed to carry three people - no joking, it's written inside -, while its actual (floor) surface is perhaps no bigger than 2-2.5 sqm. As a colleague of mine put it: "It's meant for three people who really love each other." I am adding now: no wonder, as Paris it's the city of love. Enough with poetry. But I am still wondering about the dexterity of the cleaning lady who was carrying huge, huge bags with fresh sheets, towels, etc. to the upper floors (I saw her in the room right next to mine, the day before my departure)... The lobby is extremely attractive though, as it gives you a hint of what you're going to find in the room. The "magic" theme is omnipresent. And you will have at least a nice surprise while there (in the lobby, I mean) - except that you're going to spoil it if you're taking a look to the photos I attached. :) A surprise that is not necessarily related to the computer = Apple iMac station present there. The double room (I was told there were actually two beds under the unique mattress, but the construction was very good, so I could not tell it) is decently sized for, hmm, one person. Or two people who really love each other. :) And carry with them not that much luggage. It was enough for me, of course, but I could not have asked two friends to join for a drink... A drink that might have very well been tea or coffee - you have a small espresso machine (yes!) on the desk. I said "yes!" as a petty figure of speech, as I do not drink coffee of any kind on regular basis. But I'm sure many of you reading these lines do. The (smart) TV is really something - meaning the stations you actually get. I have never, ever seen anything like this. There are well over 1,000. There is no typo. More than one thousand. Of course, not all the channels are properly/actually working, but hey, you still get at least 800. All sorts, all interests, all continents. Check for yourself. Bed is the higher kind, provided with a very thick mattress and about a dozen (or at least half of) pillows. The bathroom is functional - toilet, sink (with counter), shower cabin - and spacious enough. OK, maybe a bit to the limit. :) But very, very clean (granted, we were within the first 50 customers). One observation: there is no piece of interior design to hang a towel, but you can use either the upper part of the cabin for the bath one and/or the sink counter - or the space beneath, as well, where they are all deposited - for the usual/face & hands one. The shower has no gimmicks, but good pressure, which is most important to me. The hotel service is great. Provided you run into the gentleman (forgot his name, sorry) in his 40's-50's who's usually on duty during daytime. Besides the fact he's amazingly nice and thoughtful towards his clients, he speaks English extremely well, too. Forgot to say something really important. I am aware the price for a room (on the internet) is around 270 euro. (We paid half the amount, as it was a sort of special, limited promotion at opening time.) I am not sure how to qualify it - also adding the 18 euro breakfast. I'd perhaps bend to stay elsewhere (I have a couple of places of choice - you can check my other reviews for Paris). But if you don't mind spending almost 300 euro per night in order to have a truly great location, an extremely safe & nice neighborhood and a modern room in a new hotel, then Splendor is right for you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business