Hotel Saint Quentin
US$319
US$300
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Paris is pricey city anyway, but I´ve never ever stayed in such a terrible room for 110 euros per night. Location is good in terms of distance from the train and metro station, very noisy during the night. They were fixing the walls during our stay, so the hotel was messy and stinky from the wall colors they used. Staff not friendly at all, doors in the toilet broken (toilet and bathroom are separate), so basically you have to keep the door open at all times (means also when you are in), which is slightly disgusting. Not very clean, I wouldn´t recommended it all.

Room Tip: We had a room with street view and it was very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniella_dee
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights for 65euro per night in the centre of Paris was not too bad breakfast a bit simple.Some things where a bit shambolic but water was hot towels where clean and tv in room what more do people want for small money.The guy on the desk was friendly enough and spoke perfect English which was a help.
Would I stay there again? yes for price location

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank gerry6451
Reviewed 2 December 2011

The best things about this place are price and location, providing they don't scam you out of an extra night like they did with us. It was an online booking error, so we stayed 4 nights and paid for 5. The price though was reasonable enough that it wasn't a real issue. Especially when you consider the location. The hotel is about a 4 minute walk from Gare du Nord. Outside the train station there are a lot of nice shops and restaurants to stop at before you head back to the room for the night. The room was very old and dated, the beds were quite terrible and the service stunk! Again though, you get what you pay for. If you want service and luxury this place is not for you. If you want a place to sleep in a good location at a reasonable price, you'd be satisfied here.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times purely because it is only minutes from arriving at Gare du nord by rer from the airport or Eurostar.
I only stay there when travelling alone. It is not a place for a romantic Paris visit.
The exterior and public areas have received a bit of a face lift (much needed). The rooms are. Adequate.
Don't bother paying extra for breakfast. You can do much better and cheaper in the numerous bars and restaurants around the station.

On my last visit when I returned to the hotel late night, the guy on reception told me that the rer was not running the next morning and that I would be unable to get to CDG airport in time. He offered an expensive private transfer as an alternative. I declined and no problem with rer at all !
That is how a regular client is treated. I leave you to work out how someone unknown is looked after.
I will stay there again because of its location. I think I could do better for the money even in Paris.
I would and have recommended this hotel to colleagues and friends but always with the proviso of not too expect too much.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank scagway
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Got flight cancelled at night. Called him first and he said 104euro/nite. So I said 2 nites for 208, right? I pronounced two-o-eight. No way to miscommunicate. When getting to the hotel at 2AM, he said "You have to pay cash coz the machine broke. The price is 160euro/nite. If you don't agree you can find another hotel. I'm sure they're all full".

Wow, first time in my life to face this kind of situation. We refused and walked around for an hour until we find a hotel with available room. If you know how's it like in Gare du Nord area at nite, you'll understand me.

Pls don't go to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family