“Price.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Saint Quentin

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Saint Quentin
Ranked #1,727 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I arrived late at night and walked up and down the roads near the Gare du Nord. This was the cheapest (50 Euros a night) My room had no shower or toilet, as stated these are shared. Noise is an issue here. TV only had 1 working station. Next morning I went around the corner and had my breakfast. Reception OK, neither hostile nor friendly, don't be a naive tourist - speak French (or Arabic!)

Room Tip: Take earplugs!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights last week. We chose the hotel for it close proximity to Euro star station. We booked online and paid 65euro per night.

We arrived just before midnight and the guy in reception was friendly and efficient. Our room was on the 5th floor, it was quite small with a small bathroom. It was clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable.

From our room we could hear a lot of noise from the rooms next to us and above us. This didn't bother us too much, we have just spent 8 months in Asia so this hotel is luxury compared to some of the other places we have stayed.

Our room was cleaned every day, bed made and clean towels provided. I have read some of the other reviews and I do agree with the thin wall complaints but we had no problems with staff or the cleanliness of the establishment. For the money and location I would say it is perfect for anyone who is on a budget and just wants a place to put their head down at night.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Genphil
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Paris is pricey city anyway, but I´ve never ever stayed in such a terrible room for 110 euros per night. Location is good in terms of distance from the train and metro station, very noisy during the night. They were fixing the walls during our stay, so the hotel was messy and stinky from the wall colors they used. Staff not friendly at all, doors in the toilet broken (toilet and bathroom are separate), so basically you have to keep the door open at all times (means also when you are in), which is slightly disgusting. Not very clean, I wouldn´t recommended it all.

Room Tip: We had a room with street view and it was very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Daniella_dee

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights for 65euro per night in the centre of Paris was not too bad breakfast a bit simple.Some things where a bit shambolic but water was hot towels where clean and tv in room what more do people want for small money.The guy on the desk was friendly enough and spoke perfect English which was a help.
Would I stay there again? yes for price location

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank gerry6451
Pico Rivera, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

The best things about this place are price and location, providing they don't scam you out of an extra night like they did with us. It was an online booking error, so we stayed 4 nights and paid for 5. The price though was reasonable enough that it wasn't a real issue. Especially when you consider the location. The hotel is about a 4 minute walk from Gare du Nord. Outside the train station there are a lot of nice shops and restaurants to stop at before you head back to the room for the night. The room was very old and dated, the beds were quite terrible and the service stunk! Again though, you get what you pay for. If you want service and luxury this place is not for you. If you want a place to sleep in a good location at a reasonable price, you'd be satisfied here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wandering B
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times purely because it is only minutes from arriving at Gare du nord by rer from the airport or Eurostar.
I only stay there when travelling alone. It is not a place for a romantic Paris visit.
The exterior and public areas have received a bit of a face lift (much needed). The rooms are. Adequate.
Don't bother paying extra for breakfast. You can do much better and cheaper in the numerous bars and restaurants around the station.

On my last visit when I returned to the hotel late night, the guy on reception told me that the rer was not running the next morning and that I would be unable to get to CDG airport in time. He offered an expensive private transfer as an alternative. I declined and no problem with rer at all !
That is how a regular client is treated. I leave you to work out how someone unknown is looked after.
I will stay there again because of its location. I think I could do better for the money even in Paris.
I would and have recommended this hotel to colleagues and friends but always with the proviso of not too expect too much.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank scagway
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

Got flight cancelled at night. Called him first and he said 104euro/nite. So I said 2 nites for 208, right? I pronounced two-o-eight. No way to miscommunicate. When getting to the hotel at 2AM, he said "You have to pay cash coz the machine broke. The price is 160euro/nite. If you don't agree you can find another hotel. I'm sure they're all full".

Wow, first time in my life to face this kind of situation. We refused and walked around for an hour until we find a hotel with available room. If you know how's it like in Gare du Nord area at nite, you'll understand me.

Pls don't go to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
Stayed June 2011, travelled with family