“Budget place. Typical paris service?”

Hotel Saint Quentin
Ranked #1,728 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Budget place. Typical paris service?”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Really small place. Doors dont shut properly, toilets cant be locked, lack of lights etc. Impatient service staff. Cleaning and breakfast lady kept swearing in French! Front desk guy is alright though. Breakfast is simple croissant and baguette. Coffee is nice!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank alvintinglf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
York
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I’ve just booked a few nights in Paris. It reminded me of my last visit, where I stopped at Hotel Saint Quentin.
Bottom line, it cheap but not that cheap, it’s clean but not that clean, it’s not that good but not as bad as I’ve experienced. If you’ve read any of my other reviews you will know that I try to be fair, I pay a lot I expect a lot, I pay a little I do not complain if I don’t get much. The Hotel Saint Quentin fell between the cracks. If you paid a little more you could get a lot more, if I had paid a bit less I would have been satisfied. The pictures of the hotel do credit to the photographer; they must be an expert with Photoshop.
Quick bit about the 10th because I’ve seen some questions on the TA forums.
If I travel by Eurostar, I always think its worth getting a hotel near the Gare du Nord, by plane it depends on how you get into Paris. I have stayed in about 10 hotels near the station. The criteria for choice is, who am I with and how long am I stopping. I stopped in one very cheap £40, alone, for one night on a hop to the south of France, no complains at £40.
There are some very good restaurants and a good few tourist traps. There are a lot of hustlers around but you get that in every large station anywhere in the world just take a bit of care, otherwise I find it a safe environment if a bit seedy in patches. Authentic could be a good word.
It is a pleasant walk down the Rue La Fayette into the centre of Paris or there are numerous metros near to hand. I’ll review my next trip hotel when I get back, it’s costing a lot more than the Saint Quentin so I shall be expecting a lot more too.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the top, the lift is very small and the floors slightly slopped.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank GreyPacker

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I arrived late at night and walked up and down the roads near the Gare du Nord. This was the cheapest (50 Euros a night) My room had no shower or toilet, as stated these are shared. Noise is an issue here. TV only had 1 working station. Next morning I went around the corner and had my breakfast. Reception OK, neither hostile nor friendly, don't be a naive tourist - speak French (or Arabic!)

Room Tip: Take earplugs!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights last week. We chose the hotel for it close proximity to Euro star station. We booked online and paid 65euro per night.

We arrived just before midnight and the guy in reception was friendly and efficient. Our room was on the 5th floor, it was quite small with a small bathroom. It was clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable.

From our room we could hear a lot of noise from the rooms next to us and above us. This didn't bother us too much, we have just spent 8 months in Asia so this hotel is luxury compared to some of the other places we have stayed.

Our room was cleaned every day, bed made and clean towels provided. I have read some of the other reviews and I do agree with the thin wall complaints but we had no problems with staff or the cleanliness of the establishment. For the money and location I would say it is perfect for anyone who is on a budget and just wants a place to put their head down at night.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Genphil
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Paris is pricey city anyway, but I´ve never ever stayed in such a terrible room for 110 euros per night. Location is good in terms of distance from the train and metro station, very noisy during the night. They were fixing the walls during our stay, so the hotel was messy and stinky from the wall colors they used. Staff not friendly at all, doors in the toilet broken (toilet and bathroom are separate), so basically you have to keep the door open at all times (means also when you are in), which is slightly disgusting. Not very clean, I wouldn´t recommended it all.

Room Tip: We had a room with street view and it was very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniella_dee
cork
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights for 65euro per night in the centre of Paris was not too bad breakfast a bit simple.Some things where a bit shambolic but water was hot towels where clean and tv in room what more do people want for small money.The guy on the desk was friendly enough and spoke perfect English which was a help.
Would I stay there again? yes for price location

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank gerry6451
Pico Rivera, California
Reviewed 2 December 2011

The best things about this place are price and location, providing they don't scam you out of an extra night like they did with us. It was an online booking error, so we stayed 4 nights and paid for 5. The price though was reasonable enough that it wasn't a real issue. Especially when you consider the location. The hotel is about a 4 minute walk from Gare du Nord. Outside the train station there are a lot of nice shops and restaurants to stop at before you head back to the room for the night. The room was very old and dated, the beds were quite terrible and the service stunk! Again though, you get what you pay for. If you want service and luxury this place is not for you. If you want a place to sleep in a good location at a reasonable price, you'd be satisfied here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends