“Distraught as closed on Sundays! !”
Review of Publisher

Publisher
Ranked #566 of 17,746 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$28 - US$59
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Gastro Pub, Draught beers. At Publisher, you can enjoy a pint of Irish, Belgian or French beer, taste our beautiful whiskies and eat very fine food. Come and discover our varied menu and a choice of delicious daily dishes! Our staff will probably suggest our famous Fish & chips with a pint of De Konninck! Publisher is a warm and intimate place, where you can have lunch, come for a quiet dinner, have a drink and listen to a traditionnal Irish session or watch main rugby games!
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife are visiting on our honeymoon and stopped in this establishment on the off chance as we felt it looked like a good old English pub from back home, we noticed others eating and asked the barman what the menu was, he was fantastic in explaining the menu (as written in french) which helped us make the right choices for our meal, we have been in Paris 4 days now and dined there everyday only today (sunday) we are distraught they are not open!

Excellent service Excellent food

Reasonably priced

A must visit +++++

1  Thank Ronny R

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went about 7:30 in the evening, our first time in paris. Found restaurants near us and the Publisher came out the best of the choices. Service was excellent. They even helped set up the wife.
We both ordered a drink and the fish and chips.
When the food came we were quite surprised. This is not you English battered fish and chips but more so, a panko crumbs coated fish. The portion was OK but I would not say large, maybe 175 grams.
What set the fish apart was the tarter sauce. With a hint of garlic capers and mustard in a mayo base it was the best I have ever eaten. I will take this idea back to my kitchen in Canada.
The salad was fresh with a tasty sweet drizzle.
The French fries were thinly handcut and good.
We ordered a couple more drinks and a chocolate mousse. Wow it was excellent.
We asked for the bill and we're a bit surprised by the prices. The fish and chips were 16 euro which was OK. The gin and tonics were 8 euro and the beers 6 euro. The 4 cm of chocolate mousse on the bottom of a glass was 8 euro. Our final bill for two was at about 70 euro.
Part of it is that we just came from madrid where, where for most part, the drinks are very low priced. Just remember that you can have a 40 euro meal or double it. We enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

A lovely little spot in Paris. The owner was very kind and knowledgeable, fantastic service. Had the fish and chips. In all honesty, the best fish I've ever had in my life. Incredible. Finished off with the tiramisu for myself and the chocolate mousse for my wife, and that were both amazing.

Highest recommendation.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Such a lovely atmosphere in the pub! Very welcoming and food is fast and great! English pubs are very rare in Paris so this was such a treat for me and my boyfriend!! Going back tonight!!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This I believe is fairly new Bar/restaurant. We went in close to seven pm, the kitchen opened at about 7.30. Staff and Owner very friendly, we had drinks and once the kitchen opened the owner explained the menu. I would recommend the Fish and Chips and for beer 1664 Blanc with Lime. Locals appear to visit and use which is always a good sign. If you are nearby pop in you will not be disappointed