“Excellent”

Montmartre Mon Amour
Ranked #385 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great location, quiet, clean and affordable has a lift. Nice breakfast.
Told the desk it should rated higher than a 2 star.
Would stay again. Maybe pick a warmer time to go to Paris than with umbrella. Close to transportation, restaurants etc

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Linda L
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

We appreciate your comments posted regarding your recent stay at the Montmartre mon Amour.
The hotel is the closest to Sacre Coeur and its unique view on Paris, and, about 5 minutes walking distance from 3 different metro lines.
The Montmartre mon Amour is rated 4 stars since its renovation in November 2012.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Montmartre Mon Amour

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I loved this hotel and everything about it. It was just a stone's throw from the steps of Sacré-Coeur, which made it very easy to find. My room was "Secrets of Amore." The room was small, but beautifully decorated in pink, black and white. As I was celebrating my 50th birthday alone, it was perfect for me. The lovely woman at the front desk spoke English and was incredibly accommodating. I arrived early, and my room wouldn't be ready for another half hour, so I left my bags at the desk and walked around Montmartre for a bit. When I returned, my bags were waiting for me in my room. I HIGHLY recommend this quaint boutique hotel to anyone who might want to stay in the Montmartre area of Paris.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a so enthusiastic review about your recent stay at the Montmartre mon Amour hotel.
We are so pleased that you appreciated the decor of the hotel as well as our staff and level of service.
Kindly be assured that your positive feedback meant a lot for us and that it has been our pleasure to share your warm comment with all the teams.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Paris.

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 November 2013

There is only one word to discribe this hotel and it is love. And that is why Montmartre Mon Amour fits perfectly for a getaway weekend with your love one.
If you want to say something bad, then our room was a bit small but it didn't actually matter because the athmosphere was great.

Room Tip: There are different themes in rooms so check the rooms beforehand and ask if you can have the one yo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your experience at the Montmartre mon Amour hotel !
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again for your next visit to the city of love.
In this case, please feel free to contact us prior to arrival to check the availabilities so we can all make sure that you will have a larger room in Superior or Deluxe category.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Probably one of the best experiences in my life.
Location is great AND quiet. Rooms are nicely decorated, with free wifi, mini bar.
Breakfast was top quality with waffles, pies and even salmon !!
The staff was great. We come from poland and our french is very poor but they all spoke very good english. They were very helpful without being intrusive.
We already look forward to coming back!

1  Thank Mateusz B

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you so very much indeed for your very kind review !
Be sure that your very nice words of praise have been shared with our teams who do their best to provide a service that is worth the location.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Bardzo Dziekuje i do zobaczenia wkrotce !!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I've become a repeat guest at Hotel Montmartre Mon Amour during short transit stays in Paris, mostly thanks to the quality of the staff and comfort of the rooms. Yes, space is quite tight, but this is to be expected in Paris, and they make the most of it. Built in closets have an alcove for a night stand; rather than a bath, they give you a shower stall with a nice rain shower fixture. The quality touches of the fixtures are notable, and design is consistent throughout (if a bit cheesy). In particular, the staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable. When I arrived at 10 AM and assumed I would just have to drop my bags before an afternoon check in, they made my room available to me for free (after welcoming me back by name - nice touch!) Having lived in Paris for 2 years, I can tell you this type of service at a below luxury price range is quite rare and makes this hotel special. My one problem was with the wifi, and the staff apologized for the problem that has occurred with Apple devices since the software update - they are apparently looking into solutions. As long as they keep their prices this reasonable, I will surely be back!

Room Tip: The regular rooms will be quite small and are best for solo guests or couples who are very comfortab...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Meghan F

Dear Meghan F,

Thank you so much for having found the time to write such a nice review following to your stay with us at the Montmartre mon Amour hotel.
I am thrilled to read that our front desk staff made everything they could to acknowledge the fact it was not your first time with us.
We do our very best to make rooms available whether our guests arrive before or after the check in time as we know they’ve been travelling and look forward to having some rest.
I am sure that, when coming back, you will be able to see some improvement regarding the wifi connection as we will be upgrading the connection within a few days from now.
There were indeed more often problems with one “fruity” brand, but it would be dishonest to pin the blame on them only as we have been facing this issue with different brands since a while.
The most important is, it will be eventually solved very soon.
Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit as I would like to greet personally : julien@groupemaranatha.com

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Together with my husband we had a chance to experience a marvelous weekend in this lovely treasure hotel in the heart of Montmartre. Decoration of the hotel and of the rooms is particularly well done and adds a special twist to the property, something you realize as soon as you pass the door. The staff is extremely professional, nice and helpful at all times. They help you with everything from moving around Paris, recommend a restaurant or bring you a nice bottle of champagne straight to the room. We booked a Deluxe room and were attributed a spacious one in blue colour scheme dedicated to Victor Hugo and Juliette Drouet, a story within a story, a great idea. We would have preferred a bathtub in the room, however the design rainshower was great, too. Breakfast was delicious, in a nice private part of the hotel, with a fair selection and variety. We were very lucky to discover this small cute hotel and if we ever can, we will definitely come back for a romantic wander around Paris.

Room Tip: Book a Deluxe room - more spacious and with a personalised decoration dedicated to famous french cou...

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for having found the time to write such a nice review following your stay with us.
The decoration is indeed very important at the Montmartre mon Amour hotel and we do our best to provide a service that is worth the theme.
Our front desk team is sincerely attentive to our guest needs and we very much appreciate your kind words of praise.
We are thrilled to read that you want to visit us again soon and look forward to your feedback regarding the improvements we are working on.
Thanks for writing.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

So this hotel is only so-so. The bad first - The rooms are so small that you can barely walk in the room around the bed and only one at a time. Awful florescent lights that beam down on you in the bathroom. The good - It was clean, and although a bit worn out, at least the mattress was comfortable. The location is great, staff is helpful and friendly. They offer a tea time with snacks in the evening.
I would not stay here again, but that is because there are so many other hotels in Paris to try and I'm sure I could find better for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

We thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at the Montmartre mon Amour hotel.
We are sorry to hear that your room did not match your expectations. Do not hesitate to request a larger room next time you visit Paris as the standards are pretty small in the city.
Nevertheless, we have 3 different categories; the Superior and Deluxe rooms are more than twice the size of the classic rooms, for an extra 30/50eu per night only.
Regarding the lights in the bathroom, we never had any complaints so far as we use classic LEDs.
In any case, do not hesitate to let us know should you chose to plan a future visit, and we will do our utmost to reverse the impressions you had during your recent visit.

Best regards