“Honeymoon In Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #307 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Channel Islands, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon In Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel ideally located for the sites around Montmartre, and just 10/15 mins direct Metro from Arc De Triumph/Champs Elysees. So easy to get to all the sites from the 3 Metros stations close by. The hotel contacted us shortly before our visit, and they organised Moulin Rouge and Restaurant 58 at Eiffel tower for us at no extra cost, and had tickets printed for us on arrival, They gave good advise about not eating at Moulin Rouge and recommended a first class restaurant close by. Breakfast has brilliant wide range of buffet style choices (though not a full English - which I would not want in Paris) from scrambled eggs, bacon, smoked salmon, every type of pastries, cereals, fresh orange/grapefruit juices. We took taxi from Airport and they found hotel very easy; also with map they provide, can't see why anyone couldn't find it? Staff are extremely helpful - nothing too much trouble. Rooms are unique, albeit quite small - we expected this so no surprise, Would definitely recommend and go again.

Room Tip: Go deluxe - didn't see other rooms, however guess they are small?
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Sir, Madam,

This is such a very nice comments that you gave us, all the team would like to thank you. And we all would like to wish you again all the best for your new life together. Again I was a really great pleasure to help you to organize your visit of Paris. We all are really proud that our recommendation suit your needs, and we really hope to see you again for your next trip to Paris.

Aurore REYNIER – Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Saulge, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

As a previous reviewer said, the hotel was a little hard to find at first, and when we asked a nearby bar where it was they pointed us in the direction of Pigalle. Eventually finding the hotel (not in Pigalle), we only had half an hour to wait for our room to be ready, nearly 2 hours earlier than check-in time which was great.

Our room was lovely, it was clean, but quite compact (which I was expecting). We were lucky to have received an upgrade via the hotel's competition on Facebook, I would have been interested to see how small the standard room was. The deluxe room includes a coffee machine, which my French partner made good use of as this was included in the room rate. There was no view from the window in our room, but it was very quiet and away from the lift which I had read can be noisy at night.

Breakfast was great, a huge selection of hot and cold food to choose from, I just wish I could have eaten more. We stayed for 2 nights, and I must admit the first morning we were not asked whether we'd like tea/coffee like the other guests who arrived for breakfast, and even when I asked for some water for tea it never arrived. The second morning was a much better experience.

The hotel staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, and spoke both English and French. There was free wifi and air conditioning which was great with the temperatures reaching the early/mid 30's during our stay.

Apart from being caught up in a demonstration during our last evening in Paris and having to walk all the way back to the hotel through riot police, our overall experience at the hotel was great. I would certainly recommend this hotel to couples who are looking for a quiet, romantic place to stay in Paris.

There are some lovely restaurants, bars and cafes close by... and I would particularly recommend the pizzeria on the street to the right of the Sacre Coeur (Babalou).

Room Tip: Away from the lift and at the back of the hotel for a quiet room - deluxe rooms have more space and...
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel. I am so sorry that you did not find the hotel easily, we all are here for you before your arrival to provide the right indication. It is always a pleasure to upgrade our guest when we do have the possibility for a deluxe room and to do early check in.
I do have to apologies for the service that you did not received on your first morning at the breakfast. Your comment will help our team to improve it. However I am really happy that the next morning it was better.
I am truly sorry that you have been caught up in the demonstration, as it was a last minute one we did not have the time to advise our entire guest.
I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Paris, and to show you how you comment helps us.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This boutique hotel offers high quality newly redesigned rooms, frendly staff, and an excellent break fast, in the middle of the charm of Montmartr, but just oustside the stream of tourists. Very nice place to stay, excellen free esprosso in the lobby and the room.

Room Tip: The superuor rooms offer a bit more space and make staying in the room more pleasant.
      Rooms
Dear Sir, Madam,

It is really nice for us to read your nice message, thank you for taking the time to write it. It has been a pleasure to welcome you, and I am glad that you enjoy our hotel and our quiet neighborhoods. Wish to see you for your next visit in Paris.

Skelleftea, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

It was a little bit hard to find the hotel at the fist day, it's kind of small and hidden away in a back alley, even if its close to the Sacré-Cœur. But on the inside it looks lovely, very well designed and the deluxe rooms was very well-isolated and separated from each other so you didn't hear any noise from your neighbours. The deluxe rooms on the first floor doesn't really have any view out from the windows (more than a wall 30 cm from the window...), so if you want that you should probably ask for a room with a view.
Most of the staff speaks very good English, which seems to be a rarity in Paris, and I would like to give a special thanks to Julien for giving us some tips on arrival, very appreciated. :)

The breakfast area was maybe a little small, but had most of the things you want to eat except maybe for some vegetables, but the dining area was really cosy, just like the rest of the hotel.

Also really good wi-fi, something that you dont always get in this kind of hotel.

And in the end this was probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in regardless of city, so I would definitely recommend it (and its deluxe rooms, well worth the extra money) to anyone visiting Paris, at least I know that I will visit it again next time I am in Paris.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you so much for your positive note on our hotel. I do like to apologies, as it was hard to find the hotel on your first arrival. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly; we could all advise our guest about the best way to reach the hotel. We are pleased that you enjoy the variety of our breakfast, we well noted your preference for vegetables and we will take it in consideration for the future.
It has been a really nice pleasure to welcome you, and it will be the same pleasure for your next visit.

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed in one of their deluxe rooms which was extremely clean, and had a very comfortable bed which we has trouble getting out of hence missed the breakfast times at the hotel!. Room was very quiet. Air conditioning was fantastic considering a couple of days we stayed there the temperature hit high 20's.
Staff were extremely polite, friendly and helpful, On arrival, as it was our first time in Paris, showed us good places to eat and places to visit.locally. also have to say had one of the best wi-fi of any hotel I have stayed in and it was available in your room.

Our room was lacking on storage space which wouldn't be a problem for a short break but could be a problem if you stayed longer. Not sure if all the rooms are set out the same. Great location but not ideal if you have any mobility problems as the hotel is situated up a steep hill and the sacre coeur and surrounding nicer eateries are at the top of an even steeper climb of approx 140 steps.

Overall would definitely stay again if we visited Paris.

Rooms
Dear Sir, Madam,

It was a really nice pleasure to welcome you in our hotel. We already share your wonderful comment to all our team and they all would like to thank you for it. We are glad that you enjoy our free wi-fi service, it is really important for us to provide to our guest a great connection. Just like the air conditioning I would say.
Thank you again, and all the Montmartre mon Amour team is expecting you for your next visit to Paris.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here celebrating our 20th anniversary. We really liked the hotel and our superior room. The front desk staff were amazingly friendly and helpful - they found us lovely restaurants according to our wishes and ordered us taxis to get there. Breakfast was delicious, the only minus comes from the last morning when several guests were having breakfast at the same time and there simply wasn't enough food for everyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Sir or Madam,

I first of all I would like to wish you again a very nice 20th anniversary, thank you so much for choosing us for this very special moment. I am sincerely sorry that you feel that there were not “enough food” for everyone. We are trying to have a large gourmand choice for our breakfast, and we do need to fill in it during the service.
We all are always available for you, and we truly hope that for your next trip to Paris, you let us have the opportunity to show you how we did improve this service thank to your comments.

Somerset uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not my usual style of hotel and if red is not your coulour then probably not for you, my partner found it rather amusing,the room was very small and smelt stale on arrival , ,the shower was amazing ,towels big and fluffy, the mattress was far to hard for me but that is a personnel preference,the pillows were dreadful appeared to be rather large cushions,the air con was so effective I expected to find a couple of polar bears sharing the room,breakfast was excellant ,some nearby eateries were excellant but we were seen off in one with extremely high taxes on the bill and very poor quality food and service,I wouldn't stay there again but that is only due to the problems I had with the mattress.

Room Tip: There are bigger rooms to choose and if you need to swing a cat I'd choose one of those.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you so much for your nice comment. I am terribly sorry that the mattress was too hard for you. Please next time, come to the reception and we could try to find a solution to make it softer. Sandrine Alouf the hotel designer choose the red colour as main hotel colour as it the love colour. However we also do have room with pink, blue, gold, black, or even purple.
I really hope that you give us another chance to prove that we make you sleep on clouds.