“Perfect Location and friendly service”

Montmartre Mon Amour
Ranked #553 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel in Paris and had a wonderful stay. The staff were all very helpful and gave us some good tips with regards to things to do and the metro stations. The location is perfect, we loved Montmartre. Some great places to eat and drink nearby. Our room was a little on the small side, but the fantastic power shower more than made up for that. Very fast wifi too. Would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel and would come back again on our next trip to Paris.

1  Thank zenoushka8
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you so much for you’re really nice review on our hotel. It has been a pleasure for us to welcome you and to help you during your stay with metro or advises.

It is so nice to you to recommend our hotel, and we expecting you for your next trip to Paris.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed and emailed the same morning for availability and with in minutes got a reply. The hotel is in a great location! Second to none and those that like a lovely walk it's only 1 km from moulin rouge which is more lively , but then you have the noise .This hotel does not have that issue.

What I've found in Paris ; hotels ranging around 100 -150 euros get the basics wrong. We know the rooms are small , but you need a good bed / pillows and a clean appointed bathroom with a powerful shower. Not only does this have the above , but the amenities are excellent and plenty.

I had a espresso coffee machine ( free of charge coffee ) and free wifi !

Also the staff speak great English , give you a brief of the area with a funky map and show you to the room and explain all.

However what's makes this special! The design and art work. It's cool , fresh and has character. May not appeal to all , but anyone with some flare will get it ! If you want to impress , this is the place to stay if looking for a mid range hotel with class and style.

Tips - I missed breakfast and had it at one of the many cafés around the hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pedroviet
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely comment on our hotel.
We do received emails of our customers for booking or just for information and we do our best to answer as fast as possible. It had been a pleasure to provide a brief of the area at your arrival. We are glad that you enjoy your stay, the hotel decoration and all our amenities. More than that I thank you for your note on the hotel decoration even for a solo traveler.

We all hope to see you again for your next visit to Paris.

Kind regards,

Aurore REYNIER - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, We did enjoy our stay. There was just a couple of things that I think a hotel of this category should be more careful about.
We stayed at Montmartre mon Amour for one night only.
The room is unusual but in a good way. Although we went for the highest category I found it rather small but we didn't really need more. The room was the one I requested which was really nice. The Chef de Reception let us get in our room earlier than expected. That was very helpful and convenient.
The bathroom is tiny , with space for shower and basin pretty much.
The big down for us was a really bad smell of cigarette in our toilets. I am myself an occasional smoker and I can tell that smell was not a fresh thing, that would have been an ongoing issue. It really put us off. But this would probably not be a common issue throughout the building.
I am just a bit disappointed to pay that much money for a room where little things are not paid more attention to.
Apart from that , it is a nice little hotel, perfect for a love getaway. It was perfectly located, plenty of choice to have a wonder around Montmartre.
I could stay again, I'd just pick another room...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Madam, Sir,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hold you an apologies for the cigarette smell in the toilette. All our rooms are non-smoking but some of our guest do not respect this. That is the reason why we should have been more careful about that for your venue and we should have fix that smell before to let get to your room. This problem have been solve since your stay.
We also have two different disposition for our deluxe room, you get the room with the separation of the living room and the room corner, and we do have another one. It will be a pleasure for me show you the different rooms.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been enamored with the idea of France and Paris for as long as I can remember, but had never actually visited. So it seemed fitting to finally take in the romance of the City of Lights for my honeymoon. I had been eyeing the Montmartre Mon Amour hotel for some time before we finally decided to book our trip. When visiting the website, I was delighted that my room of choice (the Victor [Hugo] and Juliette room) was available for a two-night stay.

When we got to the hotel, we were warmly welcomed and assisted by Aurore at the reception desk, and settled into the charming ambiance of the hotel. The décor of our room and of the whole hotel set the tone for our honeymoon. It was perfectly clean and conveniently located in the 18th arrondissement, a short walk away from a Metro stop, many shops and restaurants, little museums, as well as the Sacré-Coeur basilica, where we could access a lovely view of Paris. (I would also recommend the nearby 'Mur des je t'aime'.)

Though the hotel was a little pricey, I don't regret choosing it. If my husband and I ever go back to Paris, I will most certainly keep this adorable boutique hotel in mind. It's perfect for couples, Francophiles, in particular (especially those with the stamina to do a bit of uphill walking/stair-climbing!).

Merci mille fois for the wonderful stay. It was absolutely magnifique!

Room Tip: Anyone interested in French literature can check out the hotel's official website to get details...
4  Thank savethelastlumpia

Dear Sir, Madam,

We all would like to thank you first for choosing our hotel for this very special moment, and we all would like to wish you again all the best for your new life. It is so nice to read your comment on us. As all deluxe room are unique I am glad that you found the right one for your stay, Victor Hugo and Juliette is more than 50 years of love that is all that we could wish you and even more. It has been a pleasure to welcome you personally at your arrival, and I am sure that all my team would have welcome you the same way.
We already looking forward to welcome you for your next trip to Paris, thank you very much for your nice recommendation.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We loved the hotel and its location in the middle of very nice pubs (Botak café was the best!!!). The hotel is perfect for couples but be ready to climb lots of stairs for getting to the metro stops. The breakfast was very good with fresh products and a lovely cafe crème. Staff were always attentive about our needs and they provided useful information about things to do around the neighborhood. I definitely would recommend the deluxe rooms as they are the most spacious, they're worth the extra money. Another thing we loved was the shower, it was absolutely fantastic which was great for relaxing after spending the day in the city. In general, we were very happy with our stay in Montmartre mon amour and would stay again in the future. Tip: ask for the champagne + macarrons to be ready at your arrival. It was worth it and my husband loved it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariohCarey

Dear Sir,

It has been a pleasure to receive both of you in our hotel. I am really happy that you enjoy your stay and our hotel. As you said the deluxe room are really more spacious than the superior and the classic room, even showers are larger in that rooms. We are really lucky about our neighborhood the restaurant are really nice. Being the closest hotel to the Sacré Coeur make you climb a lot of stairs or for the easiest way you could take the “funiculaire”. I am so glad that you husband like the Champagne and Macarrons it is a beautiful way to surprise him, all the offers are available on our website or just by calling us.

All the Montmartre mon Amour team really look forward to welcome you for your next romantic escapades…

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is very nice and fits perfectly to the romantic atmosphere of Paris. It's closely located to a metro station and has some cute restaurants close by (keep in mind that you have to climb some stairs when staying in Montmartre ;-)) - we took the funiculaire to get there. Friendly staff and perfect place to discover Paris.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Sir, Madam,

It is really nice for all our team to read your nice comment about us. Thank you very much for it. We are glad that you enjoy our romantic atmosphere and that you add the time to discover Paris. As you said you need to climb stairs to arrive to us or as you did you could take the funiculaire.

We all are looking forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Excellent hotel, with a very clean and comfortable feel. The bathroom was excellent the shower was spacious and hot and easy to use. For Europeans the classic room was a size we would expect but Americans might consider upgrading to the deluxe room. The staff were friendly and efficient. The location has 3 nice bars near it. I would stay here again and highly recommend it for a romantic break.

• Stayed: July 2014
LouiseLAHIANI, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us online. As you said we do have different type of rooms with different size and you could check online the picture to compare them on the hotel website.

It has been a really nice pleasure to welcome you and we all hope to see you again soon.

Aurore REYNIER - Front Office Manager