Adagio Access Paris Philippe Auguste
US$241
US$234
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspere lachaise cemeterydining tableelectric hobself cateringseparate bedroomno air conditioningsofa bedstayed for nightsminute walkmicrowavesupermarketapartmentdeskmetrosinkhairdryerneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was looking for a moderately priced hotel in a safe neighborhood and close to the metro; in that respect this hotel is fine. The staff has been uniformly friendly as well.
The disappointment comes mostly from the terrible internet service, which was worse that non existent. Every evening I wait for hours to share vacation photos and get news from home. The internet will be working for 1-2 minutes then shut down for 5 seconds, or 30 minutes. Files in transit will be lost and have to start over. Again and again we re-send, hoping the folks back home can share our nice vacation in Paris. As I write these lines, the internet has disconnected twice already.
In addition to that, I have never stayed I a hotel where they go a week without cleaning the room. They don't provide new towels when they get wet or dirty. They don't even empty the trash in your room...
Lastly, we expected to have a tub to relax in but only have a tiny shower.

Now I realize, there are worse hotels in Paris...I've stayed in some. At least we have a private bath room.
My takeaway message is that our experience would be much improved by having fresh towels easily available, a maid tidy up the room and empty the trash every couple days and by their getting a reliable, high speed internet service! Those would cost the hotel very little; the lack of these implies that the hotel management is either lazy or not particularly interested in providing a good experience for their guests.

Tips for guests - buy your food at local supermarkets and save your money for truly great dinners in the Latin quarter.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Calvin_Dog
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 8 nights in Sep 2013. The staff was very kind and helpful, the apartment was just what we have expected, no surprises. I highly recommend this hotel, especially in terms of value for the money.
One issue, that might be important for some people, you cannot expect to find nearby good places to eat or go out and have more than a very simple meal.
All in all, I would return to this place again.

Room Tip: Comparing to Paris, rooms are large.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AdiK38
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were told that the 2 bed room was downgraded to a 1 bed room 3 days before our stay via e-mail. Had not option but to squeeze in. No apologies, no correct fee recalculated. There are many other choiced in better areas, so no need to use it again.
Some form of party arrived on the Monday night and the noise levels were unacceptable.
The cleaner was very insistent to clean our room and kept knocking at the door one of the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Simona C C
Elisabeth B, Directeur général at Adagio Access Paris Philippe Auguste, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your stay at the Adagio access Paris Ph Auguste Adagio rental apartment. We are sorry that it did not meet your full expectations, and we would like to offer you a sincere apology.

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we would like to make your next stay more pleasant. On behalf of the Adagio team, I would like to contact you over the phone to discuss your experience.

Please send me your telephone number if you would like me to contact you. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Elisabeth BENOIT

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days in August. The location is excellent with a 1-minute walk to the metro and grocery stores within 5-minutes walking distance. Getting around the city is very easy on the metro from this location.

The little courtyard is cute and quite nice to sit out on. The staff are very nice and as helpful as they can be, given that the hotel is fairly "no-frills".

We stayed in a studio. The room itself was clean, adequate, and basic. While there is an air conditioning unit in the wall, it does not work. You have to leave the windows open and the metal, slatted shutters closed during the day. At night, the windows needed to be fully open to get a breeze. We found the kitchenette area to be very small. Our room had a slanted ceiling where the kitchenette was, and my husband (who is 6'3") could not stand there. Even I, at 5'3" was uncomfortable. Perhaps other rooms are different.

We asked to borrow an iron, and it took 2 days (with regular asking by us) to get one. Apparently, there is only one iron for the whole building and the front desk staff did not keep track of who had it. When my husband finally got ahold if the iron, the ironing board was completely broken in separate pieces and he has to fix it for the hotel.

While we knew that the hotel wouldn't be fancy, we had hoped that it would be a little better equipped. Like I said, the room was clean and adequate, but it was just a room. We probably wouldn't stay here again (it might be worth it to pay more for more, depending on what your needs or expectations are), though we appreciated the location.

If you are 100% okay with no-frills, are happy with the price, and want a place to stay that is metro accessible, this is definitely worth looking into.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed for two nights in a family room. The room was spacious and had both a separate bedroom and bathroom. The kitchenette was fully equipped and functional.
The staff was kind and helpful. Subway and supermarket almost around the corner.
Some may find the view from the window not so pleasant because the graveyard Père Lachaisse is across the street. But you can also look at it from a different angle: it's one of the most famous graveyards in the world and a lot of celebrities are burried there.
We could park our car in the street (FREE!) just in front of the hotel. Never had that before in Paris!
We bought our own breakfast in the supermarket and used the kitchenette to prepare it. So we can't review the hotel's breakfast.
The only strange thing was the fact that our bedroom was cleaned (bed made up) but the sofa in the living room wasn't. Beside that we didn't have any complaints and will surely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family